• Saturday

A few for me after a bad thursday

Missour +135 3 units
    ND/Marq Under 137 3 units
    Baylor -3 2 Units
    Southern Cal +125 3 Units
    VCU/GM Under 132' 2 Units
    Bradley/N Iowa Under 117 2 Units

There are a lot of appealing road favorites out there today but I don't like the line movement and percentages on some of them. Just a gut feeling that there are a lot of upsets today.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Me feels the same way brother.....and am being very cautious on my picks......GL! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL today, Franchise. Pretty steep number the Flyers are laying today against SLU coming off a tough game Thursday. Speaking of Thursday, that game was just brutal for the Flyers. A microcosm of the season for the Flyers on the road. I'm not trying to take anything away from Richmond, but UD totally outplayed and outhustled Richmond....how many offensive rebounds did the Flyers get? To outrebound a team by that much and still lose....tough way to lose a game. They just literally handed the game to Richmond with a couple of stupid late turnovers by Marcus Johnson and then they chose to foul Kevin Anderson....why him?

I think both UD and Richmond are in tough spots today. Richmond @ Xavier Sunday in a two ot thriller and then they guy out a win Thursday against Dayton....now they have to go to Charlotte with less than 2 days rest. Charlotte has fallen apart, or perhaps, has come back to reality of late, but I think they'll be ready today against what has to be a tired and beat up Richmond squad. Same for UD...short turnaround after a tough loss @ Richmond and they are playing against an A10 team that is playing right up there with X, Rich and Temple....albeit the game is @ UD Arena. Still....that's a pretty big number against a young, tough SLU team.

It will be interesting to see how the Flyer Faithful react to the seniors tonight in their final home game. Probably respectfully....kind of like, "thanks for four years, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out."

I'm looking at that X line right now. Bonnie has won 4 in a row....but I've got to believe X's players will be wanting to send out lone senior Jason Love on a high note this afternoon. Love is the living, breathing epitome of what X is all about. He has improved so much from year to year...and now he should be a first team all conference player. I think the rest of X's roster really looks up to him and respects him for everything he's done....they'll want to end his final regular season home game with a bang.
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Nigel...I have a couple different views on the games today than you do. First, the Flyers, well they frustrated me again thursday night. They once again went into a very tough place to play and lost a game they had control of. They do have a few losses this year but every game has had them had the ball with a chance to tie or go ahead in the last minute. And all of the losses but Duquesne and St Joes (their best game of the year) were to top teams. Now most of the teams have also not lost many (if any) games at home and the Flyers controlled some of the games (X, Richmond) and were close in others all game (Temple, New Mexico).

As for tonight I would be shocked if Slu beats UD. I would also be pretty surprised if UD doesn't cover. SLU has been very fortunate to get all the top teams at home recently and has managed to cover them all. Dayton really dominated them and had the physicallity to control SLU's offense and Dayton shoots the ball much better at home. Last game was 33-18 at the half and I expect more of the same. SLU needed 11 3's to get it close in the second half and I don't expect a second coming of that. I would lean UD and over although I don't know if I'll play it. Dayton has won their last 4 home games by 28, 14, 28 and 25.

Richmond/Charlotte - This game is a no play for me because of the short rest and Richmond getting manhandled physically. But I would be surprised if Charlotte plays a whole game as their effort just hasn't been consistent of late. I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond start fast and step on their throat early. Charlotte's NCAA bid drive starts again next week after getting stomped at URI.

X - Like the other two games I think their is better value out there today. I think a lot of points will be scored today.

GLTA whichever way you go.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I just have to wonder what is going through the minds of Dayton's players and coaching staff...those losses have to be pretty demoralizing. Guess the line has been set high for a reason tonight. Think I'll probably stay away and see if its on local tv here tonight when I get back from the X game.

Richmond/Charlotte is definitely a no play for me too. Public is pounding Richmond but it doesn't appear the line is moving much. Richmond may very well pound them early, but I think Charlotte's frontline can control the boards, like most teams have been able to do against Richmond....just have to wonder how much gas is in Richmond's tank.

You thinking about taking UD tonight? If so, I think you may have convinced me on the Flyers.
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I'm probably not playing UD. But I like them
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units