Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Franchise...What Do You Think About The Rubber Match?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Franchise...What Do You Think About The Rubber Match?

X -3. Even though I'd want to put a little action on this one, I'm not sure its a good idea....either way. UD has dominated this matchup this year, even though the teams split. UD is just not a good matchup for X and they are playing for their tourney lives. At the same time, UD has struggled down the stretch and aren't playing @ The Arena.

X will be well rested. They have the revenge factor and can avenge their last loss...which was a 25 point embarrassment on national tv. X will also be motivated because they haven't won the A10 in the four years Love has been @ Xavier. I also think Mack will use the latest slights in the A10 All Conference Teams as a motivating factor for X. Crawford didn't get POY. Love 3rd team? I'm thinking that even though X is lock for the tourney, they have a lot to be motivated about going into this game.

The line would initially seem low with the direction these two teams have gone in the last month...but I can't get over just how badly UD outplayed X in the first two games this season. UD outrebounded X by 41? UD's forwards and Chris Johnson are just not a good matchup for X.

The line opened at Pinnacle at -3.5...82% of the public is on X and the last line I saw was X -3 +105.....-2.5 at some places.

Should be a good one....what are you thinking?
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

damn tough game, cant see this not coming down to the wire. daytons seems to end up on the losing end of games like that, theyve lost 8 straight games that were decided by single digits

Comment

I think this will be a great game. I will be attending it as I am celebrating my bachelor party in AC this weekend. The biggest reason that UD's season has been looked at as a dissapointment is because they were 11-1 in close games last year and got all the breaks whiile this year they are 3-8 and have gotten some tough breaks.

As for each team's play I expect X to play hard and if they play smart it should be tight all the way to the end. UD has played well vs X this year and both teams will be motivated because of the opponent regardless of what else is at stake. Even though UD has lost a lot of road games they have been within a score or controlling the game in some tough environments all year. I think a more favorable crowd (it will probably be balanced) will help them a little. With two teams that are relatively even I tend to agree with the line movement. I think we either have a 5 pt X win or a 10 pt UD win. As for pace I don't really have a feel. It should be fun.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Lang has his 20 dime GOY of the year on this one.

Wonder who he is on?

I like Dayton myself, but may just layoff and watch it for fun b/c it couls really go either way.

Should be a good one!
        Last edited by Woody12; 03-12-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post
          damn tough game, cant see this not coming down to the wire. daytons seems to end up on the losing end of games like that, theyve lost 8 straight games that were decided by single digits

If it comes down to the wire, that certainly favors X. UD is a poor free throw shooting team. X is pretty good.

Congrats and have fun tonight/this weekend, Franchise. I hope you have the weekend of your life, with the exception of about a two and half hour window starting today at 6:30 p.m.

:thumbs:

Comment

hahaha dayton blows it again, what the heck happened with the technical foul on lowry?

Comment

Dayton

:puke:

Comment

Wow!! That late tech by Lowery was unfortunate, but you can't swing at a player right in front of the ref. Holloway went after the ball before the ref blew his whistle....but I still don't agree with the tech. However, I don't think it would have mattered....UD was in late game meltdown mode, so I doubt they hit the shot to tie or win the game.

If I was Franchise and my team blew a lead like that, while I was there on my bachelor party, well, pretty sure I'd be getting arrested later in the night for public intox. Fact is, UD took the air out the ball with about 10 minutes left...they shouldn't have done so...you get up 15 by pushing the ball, you don't take the air out of it with 10 mins left. Gregory choked this one away, plain and simple.

Franchise, enjoy the rest of your bachelor party weekend....the X/Richmond game should be a good one if you can stomach it.

Tonight's game was a complete microcosm of UD's entire season.

Comment

Working...
                X