Thursday and Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday and Friday

A few for me these two days. If you have any questions just fire away.

BYU -5 2 Units

ODU/ND Under 122 3 Units
    Both of these teams usually prefer to play slow. I think even if one of them decides to speed it up the other will then try and slow it down as that is where they have seen most of their effectiveness of late.

Richmond -2 3 Units
    Love the matchups for the A10 in the first games. I think Richmond and Temple were both underseeded and both got teams that they match up with very well physically so their discipline, execution and coaching advantage should help them get the W's.

Vandy -3 2 Units
    Big, physical, efficient and they get to the line. Murray St also fouls a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see 25-30 made FT's for Vandy and those easy points will be a problem.

UTEP +120 2 Units
    I think these teams should have been meeting in a 7-10 matchup and I expect UTEP's size and power in the paint to create a problem foulwise with Howard and Butler. UTEP will have to do a good job on Butler's shooters but if they can keep the 3 pt % reasonable either Culpepper or Character should be able to get off enough to get a nice W. Should be a great game.

UNLV -1 2 Units
    NIU has a nice team but they are a little limited on offense at times and I think that will show up against a good, athletic defensive team. NIU would have had a more favorable matchup against a team that didn't defend quite as well.

Marquette -1' 3 Units
    Washington is Jekyl and Hyde on the road vs at home. They are very limited at times knocking down 3's and they don't have a ton of size inside to create matchup problems for Marquette. Marquette will likely pack it in a little and force Thomas and Overton to shoot over the top. If Thomas is scoring effectively it might be UW in a blow out but I think Marquette contains him and Pondexter(Using Hayward) and UW allows a lot of open looks on defense when their offense is struggling. I think Johnson-Odom has a big game for MU today.

Ohio +13' 2 Units
    I don't usually love MAC teams as recently they haven't seemed to matchup as well with major conference teams but I think GTown has a little bit of a letdown in their play after the long weekend last weekend. I expect a tight affair with Ohio playing with a ton of passion and effort.

New Mexico -9 2 Units
    Good matchup size wize for the Lobos and while Johnson was super for Montana last week they should have been finished off by Weber St when they were down 20 at the half. I expect UNM to be focused after getting upset last week and Montana doesn't create matchup problems for them. If they can contain Johnson they should be able to control the game and their isn't a matchup for Hobson on the other side.

Tennessee -3' 2 Units
    No real analysis, I just think SD St is getting a little trendy and Tennessee has been hot and cold but I think they can win with either average or hot play.

X pk 3 Units
    X has all the pieces necessary to win games, size (Love and Freese), shooting (Jackson, Crawford, Holloway and Redford), slasher (Crawford), go to scorer (Holloway and Crawford) and they play shoot FT's very well. But with all that I think X's biggest advantage is that they have a group of very smart players who know how to agitate the other team (see: Lowery, Rob) and they know how to win. They make plays, they know they can come back when down and they have all the same physical tools of a BCS team like Minnesota. I expect a lot of on ball pressure from Crawford and Holloway to disrupt Minny's offense and for X to make plays necessary to win a competitive game.

Temple -4 2 Units
    I look for a very efficient performance out of Temple just as they have had for the last 2-3 weeks. Cornell is tough but a team in the same mold with better athletes is not the type of matchup they needed.

Purdue -4 4 Units
    I think Kremer does a number on Ubiles and the Purdue pg's are solid against Moore. If that happens Purdue should be able to hold down Siena and they will hit more shots than against Minnesota. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Purdue jump out to a 10-15 pt lead in the first 8-10 minutes and coast to an easy victory.

FSU -1' 3 Units
    Better defensive team, less travel, have the physical bodies to matchup with Gonzaga. Gonzaga also has been underperforming in the tourney over the course of the last few years since they made their big run.

Houston +9' 2 Units
    ML +375 1 Unit
    This should be an up and down game, which is the style that Houston thrives on. I think it gives them a chance to get comfortable and with a veteran coach who can steady them a few shots going down early could lead to growing confidence and a possible upset against a team that was stellar at home and shaky on the road at times.

Louisville +1 2 Units
    I am not impressed with Cal and Louisville has multiple players that can get hot and carry them for stretches. Samuels will be a key in the post. It's possible UL doesn't show up as they haven't in some games but I don't think that's a real issue. Their weakness has been getting killed on the offensive glass and that shouldn't be much of an issue in this matchup either.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

I agree on a buch of those like fsu, x, temple, richmond. A bunch others too lol. I'm confused why cal is favored especially after losing that starting forward Amoke.

Comment

Vandy, UNLV, Marquette, Louey....check, check, check, and check......looks like we'll be on the same side of a few.....GL Franchise! :thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

BYU -2 2H 3 Units
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Vandy 2H -3 3 Units

Lots of Ogilvy and not as many Orb's for the Racers.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

GL today/tonight and throughout, Franchise
            ...toke on...

Comment

I have to say i didn't see much A-10 basketball this year and really knew nothing about Richmond other than they had 2 good guards, but if they were the class of the A-10 the the A-10 was garbage. They are about as incomplete a team as any i have seen. Reminded me of a 6'0 and under men's league team.

They got absolutely POUNDED on the boards...outrebounded like 20-1 on the OFFENSIVE glass....:dunno:....how in the world are you that weak on the glass and get that far in your conference and conference tourney?? And how did a team like UD not take advantage of that with all their size inside? Richmond....:puke:

Gl on the rest franchise :thumbs:
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

That was the worst defensive game they have played all season. Richmond does struggle on the glass when they faced athletic, big teams. St Mary's wasn't that and yet they still kicked their ass today. It was a pretty dissappointing effort. We'll see how the rest of the conference responds. But they certainly weren't the only conference that didn't represent today as the Big East looked pretty brutal as well. I don't think one game by one team gives a very good representation of the conference unless you can compare their play in that game to the rest of the season.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
                  That was the worst defensive game they have played all season. Richmond does struggle on the glass when they faced athletic, big teams. St Mary's wasn't that and yet they still kicked their ass today. It was a pretty dissappointing effort. We'll see how the rest of the conference responds. But they certainly weren't the only conference that didn't represent today as the Big East looked pretty brutal as well. I don't think one game by one team gives a very good representation of the conference unless you can compare their play in that game to the rest of the season.
                  now im really intrigued to see how Temple and X do tomorrow. I hear you on not just counting 1 game but they had some major holes in their team that StMary's took advatage of. I would say that they weren't ready to play but they led most of the latter part of the 1st half. They were worn down by a better and more complete team IMO.

And i hear you on the BigLeast as G'Town is presently getting its ass handed to them by Ohio.....:thumbs:...good for you on that one so far.

And how about old UTEP. When you recruit questionable guys who are selfish you get what you get. Caracter was pouting again in the2H and their body language was awful. The whole 2nd half reminded me of an "im not getting enough shots here at the Y so im putting up the next one i touch" fest.
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Samhan was a monster today. He is really a quality big man and richmond just never adapted. As for utep I didn't see the 2H but based on the score it must not have been pretty. We'll see how tonight goes.
                    MLB
                    May
                    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

After the blood bath I took yesterday we will see if today is any better. Not on the right side of too many and had a couple of teams decide to drop flaming turds on the court and lose their 15 point leads (Yes, I'm looking at you Marquette and New Mexico)

Adding a few more today

Morgan St +17' 2 Units
                      Definitely has the size to compete and they shoot it good enough to make it interesting.

Wofford +10 3 Units

Texas AM -3 2 Units
                      Utah St does a lot of things good but they should be overmatched physically here. And they really weren't that strong either on the road or against tournament teams or league champions. If this game was at Utah St I would like their chances, it isn't, I don't.

Clemson/Missou over 140 2 Units
                      Both teams like to pressure you and like to play up tempo. There should be enough possessions to get to this number. If it loses it will be because one team (probably Clemson) misses a ridiculous number of shots or decides to really slow the pace down.

Now let's see if I can get some of the debris off me from the train wreck yesterday.
                      MLB
                      May
                      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Houston/Maryland over 157' 3 Units
                        Cal pk 4 Units (To buy back the two on UL and get me to 2 on Cal)
                        I just don't like how UL seems to be automatic for so many people and the starter that's out isn't a key player for Cal. It will likely just get another shooter on the floor more and that could means points fast.
                        MLB
                        May
                        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

GL Franchise.....L'ville, Wofford, A&M, Purdue......me likes them all as well.......:thumbs:
                          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Adding

Xavier -1 2H 3 Units
                            Temple -4 2H 3 Units

X shot the ball terrible but really dominated play and Cornell won't make 9-11 to start the 2H. That game will close up as Temple has started to step up their D.
                            MLB
                            May
                            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
                            X