great upset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great upset

N. Iowa over Kansas... One of the best upsets I have ever seen. Add that to a great day one and you have a memorable tourney. good luck all.

:beerbang:

it was a great game for sure.

I really don't think IMO it's as big an upset, though, as some in the past because UNI returns 5 seniors and are a very very solid defensive club. They are like a band that has been playing together for years. Probably play blind if they had to.

What i thought was the most remarkable about it was that UNI led from start to finish and when faced with the pressure in the last 3 minutes still came up big. I think when it got to be about a 3 point game with 3 minutes left everyone figured KU would win it. I think the underdog usually fades 99 times out of 100 there but UNI didn't today. I myself fully expected UNI to go full Paul Goydos. KU was beatable, though, you just wouldn't know it if you watched ESPN.

The other thing that takes something away from it being legendary is that Bill Self is an awful coach IMO and this is nothing new for a team of his to exit in the 2nd round as a top seed. He's done it more times than any other coach. He is a great recruiter but a ****ty coach IMO.

But one heck of a game that i had to watch on my computer for the most part because they thought people in SoCal were more interested in watching Washington blow out New Mexico....:bang:

And that brings me to another beef. I live 45 minutes from Santa Barbara and i had to watch the UCSB/OSU game on my computer.....:dunno:....what was the radius to watch that game, the edge of campus...:dunno:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I believe it was colossal. You gotta love the Cinderalla team!
      Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

HUGE!! The Kansas crowd "tried" to get back into it. You could here the inhale when Ali drained that three. Awesome game.
        NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
        O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
        Teasers:
        Rothstein's leans:
        Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
        NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
        O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
        Rothstein's "leans":
        Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

a local pub has direct TV so I got to see every game all weekend. Its too bad they are going to expand the field though. Talk about diluting a great product...

Comment

Agreed, great game! I don't like KU so it didn't upset me to see them go down. Just didn't think that a MVC team would be the one to do it! And, as far as expanding the field, you'll never make the field big enough to satisfy everybody so leave it alone! What are we going to do, give out byes all the way to the quarterfinals?

:thumbs:
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Do you guys realize that Northern Iowa was ranked 17 in the RPI?

Comment

I agree on the field number.

Why mess with it? So it can be like the bowl games in football where anyone who can win a couple crappy games can get in.

I love it as is and i think there is plenty of usets now.

Go Panthers! I still cannot believe it happened and my head still hurts from celebrating here in Iowa!:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by vogeln2001 View Post
                  Do you guys realize that Northern Iowa was ranked 17 in the RPI?
                  :thumbs:....exactly. It's not their fault that they were undervalued and that people didn't know about them. ESPN couldn't talk about them because they had a mouth full of the big east for 4 months.

I mean if the uniforms were reversed, i don't think it would carry as much weight.

This wasn't some Princeton team ranked 240 in the RPI that had 4 kids 170 pounds soaking wet starting for them.
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I am still trying to figure out what the committee used to seed this tournament. I want to see the S-Curve on this tournament.

Comment

Working...
                    X