Clear All

• week 2 all tourneys

reg seas: 113-99-3 +18.5
    conf tourns: 6-2 +4.8
    ncaa tourn: 6-3 +0.4
    other tourns: 1-2 -1.2

Monday

Rhode Island vs. Nevada: Over 155

I believe this is a very strong wager. uri hasnt played a team that plays fast like nevada in awhile. last 3 games vs st louis, temple and nwestern, 3 of the slowest paced teams in ncaab. in fact, most of the games uri has played recently dont play anything like nevada does. Nevada is not a strong defensive team (174th defensive efficiency) but they have a strong offense and can fill it up. Same goes for Rhode Island. I tihnk this number is a little short due to recent scores in the uri games, but this is a much different matchup. I see both breaking 80 with the winner breaking 90.

FairField at creighton

Incredible comeback for fairfield last game at g mason. I was very impressed the way they played in the maac championship and erasing a 27 point 2nd half deficit the next game is really impressive. Of course, the fact that they could fall behind that much to g mason is concerning, but an amazing comeback. Needham is a very solid player and i believe fairfield is better than creighton. I havent seen much of creighton, but they always have a great home court advantage. fairfield has best player on the court and should come in very confident after that great comeback win

other games im interested in

No Colorado vs. pacific: No colo is 12-1 at home and took care of a very solid portland team the other day

St Lou vs. wisc gb: St Lou is money at home, although laying 7 what will be a low scoring game is a risky move. St Lou is definately the better team and i cant see them losing at home

V Tech vs. uconn: Id be surprised if uconn doesnt lose by 5 or more here, but this reminds me a bit of the miss st vs unc game.

Joe Pa's squad at illinois: I like them catching 8 here and think they can hang with illinois, but will see what joe has to say here

going to have 2 or 3 units on that over and probably 1 unit on fairfield, and still plotting on the others

2 u

Nevada-URI: Over 156

saw it drop to 154.5 last night so waited to see if it dropped further but jumped to 156 so im puttin it when this dude calls me back, if i end up with a different number ill make note of it couple mins after gametime when i get off work. this game starts at 6

Comment

GL Beholdah.....love the Pack to win SU!
      Kent's lack of real guards will hurt them in this game.....they don't have trouble with the big guys but penetrators who can also hit the 3-ball like Kool from WMU give them fits!

:thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
        GL Beholdah.....love the Pack to win SU!
        Kent's lack of real guards will hurt them in this game.....they don't have trouble with the big guys but penetrators who can also hit the 3-ball like Kool from WMU give them fits!

:thumbs:
        thakns joe, stayin away

Comment

Probably a wise decision.....at any rate I'll be rooting my ass off for the Flashes and the game will be on ESPNU at 8PM! Kent should have beaten them SU two years ago at the Puerto Rico open. They led the whole game and blew it in the last two minutes so they are capable but that damned home court thing in Illini makes it even harder.
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

1 u

Fairfield+5

Comment

lame performance by fairfield. cant get over the hump in the postseason yet, im now +0.1 in the playoffs. gotta find a way to end strong

im strongly considering a money line stab on cornell. kentucky is obviously more athletic and much faster, but the way cornell dominated offensively against very strong defensive teams is so impressive. and with the game being in syracuse they will have the crowd behind them even though kentucky fans travel well. cornell is familiar with the venue having played there earlier this year. huge experience advantage for cornell as well. kentucky is not invincible. 9 points seems like great value, these guys have been unbelievable so far.

Comment

actually.. i might HAMMER cornell. im talkin 5 units on the points with as many as 2 units on the ml. someone tell me to chill out

Comment

going to ramble about the game here

take a look at kentucky's schedule. The SEC really was a pretty weak conference this year. kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee are high caliber teams. the rest are average or horrible. the best team they played out of conference was louisville. louisville, uconn, unc "highlight" their out of conference schedule. they won all their out of out of conference games but they didnt exactly dominate the tougher games. they had close calls in first half of the year to stanford, unc, uconn, mia oh. in conference play, in what was a very average conference this year, only 4 or 5 out their 19 games were blowouts, majority of the games were competitive.

I dont want to underrate kentucky, they are damn good. Top tier talent. 34-2 is 34-2 no matter who you play. Cornell would not go 34-2 with that schedule. theyve won 3 of their last 4 games by 30, one of those being fellow sweet 16er tennessee. I am just pointing out that their record is inflated due to a weak schedule, and with the way cornell is playing right now, this will be as tough a game for kentucky as any theyve played in.

I also dont want to overrate Cornell, they played some really good teams in out of conference, of course almost beating kansas, but for the majority of the year they play crapa teams. they did manage to lose to penn by 15. they dont have near the talent or athletic ability as kentucky

but its all about the way theyre playing right now. A very confident senior laden team thats played together for years playing only an hour away from their campus. Just dropped a combined 165 combined points on two very good defensive teams and beat them with ease. nearly beat kansas on the road so they can hang with very athletic teams. Basically any player they put onthe court besides foote shoots over 40% from 3 pt range. The recent shooting numbers arent a fluke, they have great chemistry and get a bunch of open looks. Foote is a very solid 7 footer that can hang with cousins. a pg who doesnt turn the ball much. Wittman is the Truth.

And theyre getting a bunch of points against a bunch of talented freshman. Cornell is not wake forest. done rambling, going to bed.

Comment

I agree with your thoughts on UK/Cornell. I think Cornell definitely plays the style to have a good chance to win the game. And while I think some people seem to be getting a little high on Cornell I have also heard a lot of people talk about UK as the clear favorite and them rolling Cornell in the media. So I don't think the Cornell bandwagon is getting too full.

Cornell also played two great games last weekend and will have the comfort of already having played at Syracuse this year and the past two years. UK has also played two great games as well but they were fortunate to play a 16 seed and the winner of the "Who can back into the second round" game between WF and Texas.

I'm with you, I'm taking the points. I'll take my chances that Cornell can hit more and a higher percentage from behind the arc and if that happens I think it is at worst a close game with a great finish.
                    MLB
                    May
                    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
                      I agree with your thoughts on UK/Cornell. I think Cornell definitely plays the style to have a good chance to win the game. And while I think some people seem to be getting a little high on Cornell I have also heard a lot of people talk about UK as the clear favorite and them rolling Cornell in the media. So I don't think the Cornell bandwagon is getting too full.

Cornell also played two great games last weekend and will have the comfort of already having played at Syracuse this year and the past two years. UK has also played two great games as well but they were fortunate to play a 16 seed and the winner of the "Who can back into the second round" game between WF and Texas.

I'm with you, I'm taking the points. I'll take my chances that Cornell can hit more and a higher percentage from behind the arc and if that happens I think it is at worst a close game with a great finish.
                      well said about wf and tex, two teams that somehow managed to regress as year went on

the cornell line is set perfectly for 50-50 action. for every person calling for the cornell outright there is someone calling for kentucky to run them off the court.

The other team im considering backing right now is Syracuse. the line dropping to 6.5 is bull**** reverse line movement if ive ever seen it. Not a good matchup for butler. Howard will get it foul trouble i would imagine and cuse will go on one of those runs to get a solid lead. they turned a close game into a blowout vs gonzaga in like two minutes. I cant see butler making enough jump shots to hurt the zone and hang in this one.

Comment

wednesday cbi

I like Princeton tonight getting 4 or more, even though i dont like betting against st louis at home. St L barely scraped by wisc gb last game however, and princeton's defense should keep them in the game. Princeton D's it up, held iupui scoreless in ot last game. Cornell's Foote was quoted the other day saying that playing princeton prepared them for the temple and wiscy games, and he said no offense to those teams but princeton is better at defense than them. the total is set at 104.5, about as low a total as ive seen. Game should be played in high 40's or low 50's, catching 4 or more points is a lot in a game like this.

and Lang was on radio this morning and cornell was his lock :bang:

Comment

"Princeton is one of the best defensive teams I've ever played against," Foote said. "Princeton -- not taking anything away from Wisconsin or Temple -- is a better defensive team than them. We're used to that style of play and we're ready to play that kind of game."

Comment

Not a huge fan of teasers in hoops or at all really but here is one that looks attractive to me--

Princeton +9 over SLU
                            Cornell +13.5 over UK

On a 5 point tease.

What do you think??

Comment

Originally posted by Woody12 View Post
                              Not a huge fan of teasers in hoops or at all really but here is one that looks attractive to me--

Princeton +9 over SLU
                              Cornell +13.5 over UK

On a 5 point tease.

What do you think??
                              i'd maybe consider throwing cuse in there to replace one of those dogs. hard to pass up cuse at around a pickem. i really think theyre too versatile and have too many weapons to lose to butler.

Comment

Working...
                              X