X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

A few for me...

Cornell +8' 2 Units

UK is a significantly superior team from a size and athletic standpoint. They are now the favorites to win the national title in a lot of people's eyes. But when the pace is slowed and they are forced to shoot jumpers they struggle. And those struggles don't just come against the Kansas's of the world. Oh wait, their played one non-conference game against a tourney team and that was a 9 pt home win over a depleted UL team. UK has some very talented players but beating a WF team that was getting routed in the ACC at the end of the year doesn't make them gold in my eyes. I would say Cornell is clearly at worst the third best team that UK has played this season and I expect a competitive game and one that Cornell can win if Bledsoe and company don't go nuts again from the outside.

Washington +170 2 Units

I like the confidence that UW is playing with and this is a great matchup for them. They aren't overpowerd physically (like against a KU, UK, GTown type) and WVU doesn't shoot the 3 great. UW will be challenged by the 1-3-1 if they can't get Suggs or Thomas going from 3, but at the same time Thomas and Overton do such a great job of penetrating zones that they should be able to find holes without having to knock down the 3. Plus I think the loss of Bryant will be huge as it takes a shooter off the floor and potentially forces WVU into unfamiliar terrritory if Mazzulla gets into foul trouble (very possible against he quicker Thomas) and they are forced to go with a new, little used lineup.

Butler +6' 2 Units

I see Butler having 3 things going for them rest, smarts and depth. I think the week to get ready helps Butler as they are a well, coached disciplined team. They have plenty of guys who could get hot against a thin Cuse team. I see the X factor in the game being fouls as Butler is a very smart team and if they can draw fouls on any 1 or 2 guys (Rick Jackson???) then Syracuse is in a very tough position. If this game was on Saturday I think Cuse wins as their zone is very good on short prep but with the extra days I think Butler plays well and possibly gets the W.

X/K St - My head is telling me K St but my heart is saying X. I think this will be a great game as the teams are very similar with K St having more athleticism (maybe) and X having more strength (maybe). I think it's a great game that is right around both of the numbers and I will just enjoy it.

GLTA
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units
Working...
X