Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

Not that it's any surprise but I'll take the Flyers again tonight -2'. 4 Units.

UNC was extremely lucky to win their game the other night. URI had no energy and stood around on offense and then tried to drive 1 on 1 and score (when there are 2-3 6'10" guys guarding the hoop). Yes, great game plan. They also elected to slow the tempo down for large portions of the game which allowed UNC to score easy transition baskets against them and then walk the ball down the court to face a prepared UNC defense. URI did do a nice job of playing initial defense when they prevented UNC from shooting an uncontested layup and forced UNC to shoot tough shots (that they can't make) from spots UNC didn't want to. Unfortunately URI failed to block out pretty much anyone and UNC regularly got 2-3 shots at the basket. Eventually converting some of the time.

Tonight, that won't be the case. I am sure UNC now knows that URI played in the same conference as Dayton, although Larry Drew wasn't really sure which state Dayton was in. He also didn't find it believable that they start 4 players with 40" vertical leaps as that "would be crazy." I look for Dayton to play just how they have the last few games and push the ball, run organized offense when nothing is available and play tenacious, disciplined D. If they do those things as well as the last few games this could easily get out of hand and UNC doesn't have the 3 pt shooting to score points fast against a good transition D. Dayton also has plenty of size to handle UNC inside and more athleticism on the wing. Both of these teams were highly thought of at the start of the year and one of them was for what they had done in the past with other players and the "talent" on the roster and the other was for what they have done with the talent on this roster.

Maybe Larry Drew will know where Dayton is after they whip his ass all game.

GL if your with me.

I also like that I am seeing more and more people on UNC as the game time approaches.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

:beerbang::beerbang:

Comment

Working...