Opening Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day

Season's finally here, put a decent amount of work in over the past month and a half in preparation for the season. Focusing all my energy on capping one sport will hopefully pay off for me again. Had a solid year last year in the regular season at least, finished up:
    119-101-4 +23.2 units in the regular season/conference tourneys. than proceeded to drop 5.4 units in the postseason tourneys. was even on the postseason and couldnt get over the hump, then ended the year getting carried away riding cornell, dropping 4+ units on an overmatched team, also made some stupid under bet in the CIT i remember to finish minus 5.4 units in the postseason.

I bet on around 240 games last year but i expect to bet on 300+ games this season and have more multi unit plays. gonna bet looser this season

1 unit

Pitt-12 vs uri

Gonna lay some chalk in the opening game. Love Pitt's depth and experience, they are definately deserving of their high ranking coming into this year. They lost a key player in Nasir Robinson but i dont see that being a factor here. I expect them to execute much better than URI this early in the season. From what ive read, URI is a bit banged up and looked sloppy in the exhibition games. Will Martell, their 7'0 C, missed significant preseason time on crutches, and cant see him being a huge factor in this game not being 100%. I can see Delroy James trying to do too much this game and that hurting thier offense. Pitt's defense is muich better than uri and their depth is much better. Just gotta hope they keep the backdoor closed in the opening game.

Unfortunately the second i saw the line come out on 5dimes i went to lock it in at pitt-11 but i had to reloggin, and by the time i got in the line went up a point. if pitt wins by 11 thatd be real frustrating way to start off the year. Im going to be getting a big chunk of the bankroll into bookmaker in the next couple days to get the early lines. they release the lines first. probably could dhave had pitt-10.5 on the open there. Have no interest in the other 3 games, all 20+ point chalks.

Should be a fun year boys, lets make some money, cant wait for the first big slate. :beerbang:

GL!...this season...:thumbs:...can't believe we're back at this sport again...time flies...:hide:

enjoyed talking hoops with you last year and look forward to some good discussion this year...i'll check you when conference play begins after xmas as that, as usual, is where i start. Probably concentrate on the big10, pac10, mac and the smaller conferences again this year.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-07-2010, 11:01 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

GL Beholdah....same side here with the Panthers! RIU will need to find some scoring after losing a couple of scoring machines from last year's team! :beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        GL!...this season...:thumbs:...can't believe we're back at this sport again...time flies...:hide:

enjoyed talking hoops with you last year and look forward to some good discussion this year...i'll check you when conference play begins after xmas as that, as usual, is where i start. Probably concentrate on the big10, pac10, mac and the smaller conferences again this year.
        Lookin foward to that as well flyers, im going to pay a bit more attention to the pac10 this year, I wasnt into capping that conference last year

Not putting much stock into the Pitt game last night. URI clearly is a decent team again, but they were just chucking the rock from deep any time they could see the rim. A few more bricks and i think Pitt gets them on the ropes earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post
          im going to pay a bit more attention to the pac10 this year, I wasnt into capping that conference last year

i made some really good money last year on the Pac10 and the conference is going to be very similar this year in terms of up and down teams. It's a conference that if you don't follow it closely (like real close) you will get your ass handed to you due to the up and down nature of the teams. I live on the west coast so most of these games are primetime games for me (6-8PM tips) which is nice when it comes to following the conference and getting a feel for it. Big10 is still my bread and butter conference along with the MAC and MWC.......last year i didn't get a lot of time to do any homework in December which is usually when i like to get a feel for the smaller conference teams and consqeuently didn't do much wagering on them. Hoping to catch some smaller conference games leading up to January. They tend to be home court dominated and dominated by teams with super players. Can't remember the guy for the Skyhawks a couple years ago but when you have a triple double guy at that level, it's pretty much game over.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
          X