Go Big Super Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Big Super Sunday

ok well was 4-6 yesterday but ended up +25 units with my marist play for 25 units. really felt strong on that one and congrats to anyone who jumped aboard. hofstra last night just made me sick, but when you get no production from your low post players AT ALL, you cant win. some lines are'nt out yet but this is what im looking at right now...

1 UNIT

Boston College + 7 1/2

ok now this line made me scratch my head a bit when it opened as i dont see georgia tech being better than bc by 7 1/2 points here. without seeing the line i would have guessed BC to be a 2 point favorite so i see amazing value with bc here. jared dudley flat out knows how to get it done, hes my dark horse for player of the year and by looking at his stats its amazing how he goes unnoticed. gt just came off a huge win against UNC which probably propelled them into the 64 but i dont see them shooting that well against bc. i like dudley matching up against thaddeus young and i like rice against crittenton. GT is young and BC has more experience. i see BC winning this one straight up and would bet the ML but i bet through a local and he doesn't do ML.

Mississippi State - 6 1/2

mississippi state has a chance to gain a share of the SEC West title with a win today. alabama will be without the services of ronald steele and richard hendrix will be playing with the flu, which puts even more pressure on the shoulders of jamarreo davidson. davidson has struggled with some major issues this year as earlier in the season he was involved in a car accident in which his girlfriend was killed. alabama was my sleeper to win the tourny in the beginning of the season and have been a disappointment all year long. i see no one on the alabama roster that will be able to contain miss st. jamont gordon. bama will be starting 1 senior 1 junior 2 soph and a freshman on the road in conference in what is the biggest and most crucial game of the year to both teams, now miss state starts the same amount of each, its alot tougher playing with that lineup on the road. in the previous meeting this year in which bama won 80-79, richard hendrix was dominate has he shot 9-12 from the floor for 22 points and pulled down 10 rebounds along with 3 blocks. steele only shot 3-10 from the field for 10 points but dished out 7 dimes and managed the game like a true general. i dont see a similar performance out of hendrix today and davidson has just disappointed me all year long as he has the ability to be a top 10 pick imo. i like miss st to roll by about 12-13.

Virginia Tech - 6 1/2

Stick a fork in clemson, THEY ARE DONE. after starting 17-0 they have been exposed for a sub .500 like i thought all along. i like an experience hokies team at home on senior day who play well at home against clemson.

5 UNITS

South Alabama -3

Now when i did my research for this game i had not seen the line and after i compiled all my info i suspected a line of about -10. i believe the reasoning for the low line is quite simple, s alabama has not been playing well as of late and are on a 3 game losing streak. while mtsu has won the last two games by an avg of 14. in the first meeting this year mtsu won 59-51 as mtsu shot 45% from the floor and 21% from 3 and out rebounded s ala 40-19. south bama shot a meager 36% from the floor and 32% from 3 but their two leading scorers bennett and merrit were a combined 2-12 from the floor for 4 points. in the second meeting south bama won 61-38 and immediately the first thing that jumped out at me again was the play of bennett for s alabama, 1-7 4 points. bama shot 42% and 27% from 3 and were tied in rebounding 26-26. mtsu shot 38% and 13% from 3 in this one. now is demetric bennett going to have his 3 worst games of the year against the same team? i dont think so. keep in mind prior to s ala 3 game losing streak, they had won 12 straight by an avg of 13 points, so this team is no fluke, they know how to play ball.

will have more when other lines come out....
    CFB

O/U 1-2

GL today Big. Thinking about tailing you on S Bama.
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

You talked me into S Bama...........I was hedging on them already.....

NAIL IT>.....

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

GL GoBig and congrats on marist :beerbang:

Comment

Add

1 UNIT

Drexel +2

Just see them being a better team than va comm.

Niagara - 1 1/2

Niagara comes into this one on a 9 game winning streak by a win margin of 9 points including a 2 point win earlier in the year vs loyola. in that game niagara shot 51% and 39% from 3 and 14 turnovers as opposed to loyolas 45% and 25% with 8 turnovers. they both had 26 boards. in the first meeting loyola won 96-95 at home and loyola shot 61% and 53% from 3 while having 16 turnovers. niagara shot 45% and 33% from 3 with 9 turnovers and outrebounded loyola 29-26. now this leads me to two things. 1. if loyola shoots well they can win. 2. niagara knows how to protect the ball and i'll take that any chance i can get in a tournament. and with loyola shooting 51% and 45% from 3 yesterday, i like my chances with niagara as its very hard for a team to shoot well on back to back days. niagara shot 39% and 33% from 3 yesterday and still won by 25. i like the purple eagles to make it to the championship.

Creighton + 1 1/2

hate to go against the salukis right now but i just think the blue jays are playing a level of an final 4 team. yea you heard it, creighton will be this years george mason. haha

4 UNITS

Marist - 1 1/2

yes i am on the red foxes again today as i seem them as the class of the maac. keep in mind this tourny is held in bridgeport ct, which is like a home game to marist and if i can get marist at a home court at - 1 1/2, id be crazy not to take it. these teams have met twice this year and marist has won both meetings. in the first meeting marist won 84-75 and the second meeting 98-88. what i like about marist is that jordan and whittington did not play well yesterday and marist still cruised to victory. jordan is hands down the poy in this conference and whittington is an excellent complement to him and with a 7 foot senior anchoring the low post, whats not to love with this combo. siena also shot 50% from the floor and 58% from 3 and i think the "blew their load" yesterday against manhattan. this one wont be close.
          CFB

O/U 1-2

Comment

Definitely on Marist with ya. :thumbs:

Does it concern you at all that S Bama is a heavy pub play?
            2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

GL 2day GBGH! I think I will be on Marist too, but be careful, Siena is the second best team in that conference. Whoever wins this game will walk over Niagara or Fairfield (well, Fairfield has homecourt really but still).

Comment

GL GoBig
                NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

GL BIGS......with ya on Miss St.

Lets hit it

Comment

gl big, like both MAAC games with ya
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)