munsonday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• munsonday

frustratin start to the season but not too worried, plenty of time to get on a roll

i gotta double check the record later , i think it's:

Overall: 13-17: -7.25 u
    (2 unit plays: 1-2: -2.8 u)

OLD DOM vs, xavier

It is actually Old Dom vs. Tu Holloway at this point. The man is carrying the team right now, having scored more than half the team's points last night. Xavier's depth took a hit in the early going this year, and i think that will hurt them tonight. Holloway has been playing major minutes, only 6 xavier players played double digit minutes last night in the later game. ODU had 9 players go for double digit minutes in the earlier game. I'll take the team with a little more time to rest, no key injuries, more quality depth and better defense. X struggled at home with weak wmu and ipfw to start the year, wins over iowa and HAzell-less seton hall dont make me think theyre on top of their game enough yet to beat a very tough and experienced ODU squad.

the line is -2.5 right now, gonna see if it does to -2. Dont like laying significant points with ODU, they play defensive games and struggle with FTs, but im confident theyre the right side of this matchup and i mite put 3 units on this if i can get -2

GL...I think your right in that X is struggling and I think it's mostly due to getting adjusted to their new personnel. Losing Redford was really a hit for their offense since he was such a great 3 pt shooter. I had heard rumors that Justin Martin was as good a pure shooter and would be a replacement but he hasn't played yet. I think this is going to be a great game and I hope to catch a portion of it. Unfortunately I think X drops a couple of games before the conference season as they round into shape. I think this game comes down to the wire. GL.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

thanks for input fran, gl if u play the game

unfortunately, sometimes you just miss a play.. alabama shouldnt have been laying so many points in a game that was sure to feature very few possessions, especially considering the way theyve played in this tourney thus far. nice win for st pete.

1 unit

Long Beach State+2 vs iowa

I'll take a stab at the more athletic squad, lb st has some ballers

Comment

GL today Beholdah......:thumbs:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

2 units

ODU-3

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
            GL...I think your right in that X is struggling and I think it's mostly due to getting adjusted to their new personnel. Losing Redford was really a hit for their offense since he was such a great 3 pt shooter. I had heard rumors that Justin Martin was as good a pure shooter and would be a replacement but he hasn't played yet. I think this is going to be a great game and I hope to catch a portion of it. Unfortunately I think X drops a couple of games before the conference season as they round into shape. I think this game comes down to the wire. GL.
            Justin Martin was ruled a partial qualifier and won't play this season....which completely sucks because from what I've heard, he was a scorer and would have gotten significant minutes this year. I agree with everything said in this post. I'm not taking ODU tonight, because I have absolutely no idea what X is going to do. They could be one dimensional and horrible and get beaten up pretty good, or Holloway could gut out another win. X is so thin...and I don't think that's a problem that's going to go away. In fact, I worry about Holloway running out of gas by mid January.

I previously posted to fade X in the nonconference. I still stand by that....but maybe it would be a better idea when they start actually playing competition...they really haven't to date. Tonight might be the night.

GL!!
            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

had record wrong at top, said 13-17: -7.25 but was really 14-18: -7.25

Comment

Thanks Nigel...Although seeing another X player be unavailable doesn't completely suck from my perspective. Based on the early returns and how the schedules shake out I think it will be a 3 team race with Temple, Dayton and X for the league title. If Temple didn't have to play at X and Dayton I think they would be the clear favorite since they have the much easier double games. But I also think X could get worn down by their schedule and lack of depth. Adding Florida and UGA basically during the conference season is good if you have depth and are strong but this takes away any long break to recover and I don't know if Terrell Holloway can handle that.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
                X