• Show
Clear All

• Splatturday

24-22: -0.6 u

2 units

Wofford+8 @ xavier

0.5 unit

Wofford ML+305

Terriers come into this one with a lot to prove. I think these teams are evenly matched at this point in season, X still has little depth to speak of. This wofford team still very similar to the team LY and theyre more than capable of winning a tough road game. Having played @ Minny and @ Clemson already this year should have them prepared to handle the tough environment. That home loss to air force was a sandwiche spot and should make the team even hungrier for a signature win here. Terriers are gonna show up today

GL, with the points today...can't say the same for that ML play. Should be a good game. At least X and specifically Holloway have had a little time to rest prior to this one.

Any thoughts on the Dayton/UC game tonight? I would think that if UD could come from double digits down @ Ole Miss to pull out a win, they should be able to get a win over the Bearcats tonight. Will be interested to see what Franchise thinks about that one.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Nigel- Should be a great game, just a case where i think one team is undervalued and the other team is a little overvalued. Wont be easy to get the win but should be highly competitive.

I would definately lean to dayton but havent paid much attention to cincy so far. We'll see what Fran thinks.

Comment

with ya on Wofford (I took the points though)

best of luck to ya!

~md

Comment

1 unit

St Marys pk (even) vs. byu

Gaels seems underrated to me , the freddettes were ice cold last night, hopefully they still cant figure out these rims. should be a good game, tihnk st marys pulls it out

Comment

so let me get this straight... before i left the house, i saw on 2 different sites the wofford score say final wofford wins 86-84 in double OT. I just get home and see i lost the money line bet??? It went to a 3rd OT, unbelievable. In the first OT they were up 3 with 2.2 seconds left adn xavier at the line shooting 2, they make the first, miss the second on purpose and get the tip in. My question is why the hell did 2 different sites say final 86-84 wofford in double ot. i cant believe i come home to find they actually lost in a 3rd OT

Also, ive made it a point this year to take any points given instead of the money line, as recently as 2 days ago i took murray st+1.5 instead of just the money line to avoid juice. Well tonight i log into bookmaker account and it had st marys +1, i said screw the measley point and took the money line. Well after i put it in i log into my 5dimes account and they had st marys +1.5 (-105). 99 times out of 100 i would have checked both accounts to get best possible line but i didnt this one time. So of course the gambling gods make me pay for it. 1 point loss for st marys

sorry to complain, had to let out a bit of frustration, it was bad enough the st marys thing. but to come home and see i lost a bet i thought i won really pisses me off.

Comment

haha this is so rediculous that i just have to laugh this off, ive had frustrating nites gambling just like the rest of us. but this is rediculous

Comment

just read what happened. wofford had their buzzer beater waved off after review. :bang:

Comment

Man, you had two horrible, horrible beats in that game. I watched the whole thing. At the end of the first overtime, the tip in off the second missed free throw was a prayer. McLean and a Wofford player both went up for the ball...it hit off both of their hands, pops straight up in the air, and then comes down through the hoop. It was amazing.

In the second OT, they reviewed the buzzer shot by the Wofford player. It looked to me like there was still time on the clock, but the ball was still in his hands when the red light on the backboard lit up...it looked like it was about .1 seconds from being good.

At the very least, you easily covered the points. But, man, two horrible breaks in one game is hard to stomach.

Glad I didn't do anything with Dayton...Franchise cannot be happy about getting doubled up by Cincy. Wow...did not see that coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                    Man, you had two horrible, horrible beats in that game. I watched the whole thing. At the end of the first overtime, the tip in off the second missed free throw was a prayer. McLean and a Wofford player both went up for the ball...it hit off both of their hands, pops straight up in the air, and then comes down through the hoop. It was amazing.

In the second OT, they reviewed the buzzer shot by the Wofford player. It looked to me like there was still time on the clock, but the ball was still in his hands when the red light on the backboard lit up...it looked like it was about .1 seconds from being good.

At the very least, you easily covered the points. But, man, two horrible breaks in one game is hard to stomach.

Glad I didn't do anything with Dayton...Franchise cannot be happy about getting doubled up by Cincy. Wow...did not see that coming.
                    had no idea the tip in was so lucky, just unbelievable both the wofford and st marys tough breaks occured on the same night, could/should have been a huge night for me

Comment

I'm glad you didn't give away any money either. I thought Cincy would be a team that Dayton would be able to have success against. Our post players aren't as strong in the defense/rebounding area without Huelsman but there are enough guys to rotate that I thought they could affect Gates and withstand the rest of the Cincy lineup. Bu I though the real strength would be our wing players and that wasn't the case. Cincy really dominated play and kept Dayton out of the lane and that forced them into bad shots. That combined with Williams and Johnson not getting enough shots and Parker missing was disastrous. Cronin made it out like Dayton is a terrible shooting team and if you keep them out of the paint they can't score. That's really not true but you had one team show up motivated after getting rolled last season while another that has been rolling the ball out and not really giving effort since the Ole Miss game. Dayton has 3 very good shooters in Parker, Williams and Johnson but they have to play defense to get in transition and force the other team to be on their heals and react. That allows them to get in the paint and get kick outs and play with energy.

Although they have been a strong half court/defensive team content with playing a game in a game in the 50's in the past few seasons I think that won't be the case this season. If a team slows the game down and makes it ugly and controls rebounding, like X and Temple will do, I think they will struggle. If the other team allows it get fast paced where the elite athleticism of the Flyers team comes into play I think they can get on roll and make big runs at that type of team. Their strengths are rebounding on both ends and their athletes atleast at this point. Looking at the rest of their non-conf schedule I think that sets up for trouble with ODU and Miami (OH). Although they will be dogs at ODU that may eliminate any value in that game. Miami isn't a great rebounding team but the Flyers aren't forcing turnovers and will be forced to play slow. Reports are they had been practicing poorly but that's easy to say after you get pounded. Unfortunately I think ETSU plays at too fast of a pace to be a problem for Dayton and UD will probably have their way in that game. I think the Miami game ( a team they should handle) will provide an idea if they have started working harder after the beating. I don't know if they will draw a larger enough number to be worth fading in that matchup though due to history, the Cincy beating and the consideration of the pace of the game.
                      MLB
                      May
                      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I'm hoping that UC game was an aberration. Every team has bad nights, especially early in the season. The thing that was scary was how bad Wright was...plus, Gates did absolutely nothing in that game for UC. That game will be long forgotten if Gregory and the Flyers right the ship as the season progresses.

Oh, and Beholdah, not to rehash bad memories, but here is a clip of the tip in at the end of the first OT in the X/Wofford game. I think there was .9 left on the clock after the tip.

YouTube - Xavier vs. Wofford part 1

Comment

I'm hoping that UC game was an aberration. Every team has bad nights, especially early in the season. The thing that was scary was how bad Wright was...plus, Gates did absolutely nothing in that game for UC. That game will be long forgotten if Gregory and the Flyers right the ship as the season progresses.

Oh, and Beholdah, not to rehash bad memories, but here is a clip of the tip in at the end of the first OT in the X/Wofford game. I think there was .9 left on the clock after the tip.

YouTube - Xavier vs. Wofford part 1
                          wow, i think i must have banged the Gambling God's wife sometime in the past

Comment

Working...
                          X