No announcement yet.

HEY JOE (pa) ( sunday preview thread )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY JOE (pa) ( sunday preview thread )

What a test tomorrow for your Flashes , on the road at UAB vs the blazers.

Aaron Johnson is one of the best floor generals in the nation. and UAB does a good job shutting down the 3 ball.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

leans

Richmond @ AZU
    over (virg-vtech)
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Bunk, really don't think the Flashes can hang with the Blazers! KSU although 7-1 is still a team in transition and one without a true point guard. Rod Sherman is out of position and not the greatest ball handler and sophomore Randal Holt has not grown up yet. Justin Greene has been the only constant for Kent and although he has great footwork inside, he is not a very good jumper. Despite recruiting efforts Kent struggles with outside shooting, thus their loss at Cleveland State when the Vikings went to a second half zone. Transfer Carlton Guyton lit it up from 3-ball (5/7) land against LA Monroe the other night, but that was LA Monroe.

A big part of the open looks from three by the Golden Flashes stemmed from their ability to move the ball and break open a close game. Kent State passed out a season high 23 assists on 26 made baskets for the game. Junior forward Justin Greene matched Guyton with a team high 17 points on 7-8 from the field. Greene, who is shooting 62.0 percent on the season, has scored 17 or more points in all but one game this year. His 19.1 ppg and 7.1 rpg both lead the Golden Flashes.

UAB is coming of a 66-64 loss at Georgia on Friday Night that snapped a four game winning streak. Sunday's game marks the fourth contest in the seven days for the Blazers. Aaron Johnson, a 5-8 senior guard, leads the country with 8.3 assists per game while 6-10 center Cameron Moore is averaging 18.6 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.

Some Notes:

• Despite a season low 28 rebounds vs ULM, Kent State ranks 22nd in the country with 41.8 rebounds per game. The Golden Flashes have been out rebounded just once all season and own a MAC best +6.4 advantage for the year.
      • Kent State is average 26.5 free throw attempts per game and owns a 6-0 record this season when getting to the line more than the opponent.
      • Kent State is 2-0 all-time against UAB, including a 72-65 win in Kent, Ohio last season.
      • Kent State went 2-0 against Conference USA last season also defeating Tulsa 75-74 in the first round of the NIT.
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Fortunately for me, I won't be around tomorrow to see any of the early action. I have to go the C-bus to tend to some remodeling at a friend's house. Probably a good thing for me since I've lost about 10 units over the last couple of days to some bad beats and quite a few 1-2 point games versus the spread.

I will be back for the late afternoon/evening games.....ya'll have some fun and kick the man where it counts!
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
        X