Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuesday

34-31: Even Steve

I intend on executing properly this week, got some spots mapped out ill post about well in advance

1 unit

Mich St-1 @ cuse (in MSG)

Cuse is gonna need some of that garden magic to pull this one out. Theyre shooting 29% from 3 as a team against much weaker competition. Scoop Jardine is leading the team in shot attempts and shooting 32% from the field. They just arent a strong offensive team right now. Theyre still getting after it on defense but they are really missing a consistent outside shooter on this team. They also havent been great on the glass, getting outrebounded by 5 vs. nc st. Cuse might go from 15-3 to 9-9 in conference this year.

I am keeping this a 1 unit play because there are a couple things working against the Spartans here. Izzo's top defense is the man to man. I think a zone would be more effective vs cuse. make them beat you from the perimeter. Also, the Spartans have been travelling all over the place and i read a article about them talking aobut fatigue. Theyve been turning it over a bunch. In fact, i expect cuse to win the turnover battle. Spartans managed 21 turnovers vs bowling green, and will likely break the 20 TO mark vs cuse.

All that said, imo this matchup pits a legitimate top 10 team vs what i estimate might prove to be a fringe top 25 team once they get into the meat of their schedule. Cuse has a lot of talent but they have some flaws that will cost them sooner or later. Spartans win this game more times than they lose it.

Got to get back to the basics of capping myself....got a lil greedy after early successes last week. Enjoy and have fun planning your spots! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X