Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Mason/Dayton

Some thought on tonight's game.

As I noted in the last writeup Dayton seems to be coming together as they have gotten more time together. They were basically bringing an entire backcourt together who had spent no time together in any game situations. I think the big changes are starting to take both in the backcourt and in the frontcourt with Searcy/Kavanaugh at center. As the rotation continues to solidify their play should improve, unlike past seasons where Dayton has fallen apart in mid february. I think this is a great game for Dayton to put together a stronger, more complete performance. The arena is sold out, and although the students are on break I would expect atleast a decent turnout of students among passionate supporters. And when Dayton is loud, the arena can be a very tough place to play. Dayton should be able to control the boards with their superior size and athleticism. I also think GMU could be a little rusty since they have played 1 game in the last 18 days. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dayton get off to a hot start as their energy and pace may be a bit of a shock to GMU after the layoff. GMU has played well but this looks like a spot where they may not put up their best performance. Road game, right before conference, off a long layoff, tough place to play against a hungry team that is improving. Dayton is very rarely this low at home (only twice in the last 3 years have they opened at pk or worse) and I think it's great value buying low on the Flyers right now.

Dayton -1 4 Units

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

sounds good to me, gl :thumbs:

Comment

Wishing you GL but disagree..

GM is IMO a far better team. Sure they may be rusty but Dayton just lacks that "team" feel right now and I feel they need some more maturing. GL on your faithfulness to the Flyers but when the money meets the road, I'll take GM and the +2 (Current BetUS line).
      Last edited by JustaRookie; 12-29-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaRookie View Post
        GM is IMO a far better team. Sure they may be rusty but Dayton just lacks that "team" feel right now and I feel they need some more maturing. GL on your faithfulness to the Flyers but when the money meets the road, I'll take GM and the +2 (Current BetUS line).

Honestly I'm not sure where you get that from. Dayton has been very inconsistent but the play they displayed, for example, in the 2nd half of Ole Miss, Seton Hall and Miami OH and the entire ODU game are easily better than anything that GMU has done this season. Dayton is also a venue that is typically worth atleast 2 points more per game than most home courts. And energy is important for this team and their athletic style of play. But I guess we'll see tonight.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I'm on the Flyers also...GL to us!
          2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
          2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

I'm with ya on Dayton. I got em last night in a pick game
            Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
            X