• Show
Clear All

• JoePa's College Hoops - New Year's Eve

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 199 - 153 - 10
    UNITS: +26.25
    MAC: 38 - 19 - 2
    Halfs: 25 - 17 - 1
    12/30: 5 - 5

Heading out to the Kent/JMU matinee and grabbing an early lunch. Ya'll have fun and be safe today traveling and celebrating!

OHIO STATE -12.5 @ Indiana W
    XAVIER PK vs. Florida L
    KENTUCKY +3 @ Louisville W
    KENT STATE -4 vs. James Madison L
    WESTERN MICHIGAN -8.5 vs. Eastern Illinois W
    EASTERN MICHIGAN +6 @ Samford W
    EASTERN KENTUCKY +16.5 @ Georgia W
    MINNESOTA +8 @ Michigan State L....1pt

OVEN MITT YTD: 18 - 18
    12/30: 0 - 1

"DEFINITELY"
    CONNECTICUT -12.5 vs. South Florida L

GL to ya!:yeah
    Last edited by joepa66; 12-31-2010, 09:36 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Today's BetUS teaser:

12/31 10:13 AM 152336913- 1
    Teaser $50.00 $41.67
    Basketball NCAA - Kent State +2½ -110 for Game
    Basketball NCAA - Xavier +6 -110 for Game
    Basketball NCAA - Connecticut -5½ -110 for Game
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

With you on Minn. and Ohio St. GL bud! :beerbang:

Comment

Good luck on the games, JoePa. Not sure about X today. This has been one of the worst seasons in memory for X...the way the season has gone thus far, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see X's home game winning streak go by the wayside on the final day of 2010.

X is so ridiculously thin this year. One of the few reserve guards they have, Jay Canty, who would occasionally spell Lyons and Holloway, broke his foot during X's last game.

X literally has Holloway, Lyons, Jackson, McLean, Frease and Robinson. After that...there are two frosh who haven't been able to grasp Xavier's system in Latham and McKenzie. Guards? There are none...if Holloway or Lyons get in foul trouble, its walk on time.

If Florida has half a brain today, they will try to get X in foul trouble. If that happens, its so long Xavier and their home win streak.

Not to mention, Florida has some revenge on their minds. X went into Gainesville last year and put a whuppin' on the Gators.

Help is definitely on the way for X next year with 6 guys coming in who will get significant playing time...but this year? Not so good.

GL!
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I see your point Nigel but I think they hold up today. I think X might play zone and force Florida to hit shots. That and slowing the pace to an unbearable crawl will limit foul issues and allow Jackson and Holloway to have a bigger effect with their shots. Plus X is really good when they play at an excruciating slow pace. I think it has more of an effect as we get into a regular run of games during the conference season.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by Franchise View Post
            I see your point Nigel but I think they hold up today. I think X might play zone and force Florida to hit shots. That and slowing the pace to an unbearable crawl will limit foul issues and allow Jackson and Holloway to have a bigger effect with their shots. Plus X is really good when they play at an excruciating slow pace. I think it has more of an effect as we get into a regular run of games during the conference season.
            I hope you're right, Franchise. Maybe I'm just feeling the effects of a lot of bad karma going on for X so far this year. Yeah, they're 8-3...but Redford going down, Martin being ruled ineligible, other injuries...and on top of it all...Xavier had a 5 star recruit from Indiana just de-commit. Just feels like one of those seasons where its just one thing after the next.

I do like your reasoning on the game...but X's margin for error is razor thin.
            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

i really wanted to try and tune in to hear some of your color last nite but completely forgot. definately let me know next time your announcing a game, gl today :thumbs:

Comment

Nice call on on X, Nigel...wish I read your insights before wagering on them...

good luck with your plays, JoePa...

happy new year!

~md

Comment

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 204 - 156 - 10
                  UNITS: +27.50
                  MAC: 40 - 20 - 2
                  Halfs: 25 - 17 - 1
                  12/31: 5 - 3

Kent game sucked big time in the second half.....they couldn't find their nose:boog:

OVEN MITT YTD: 18 - 19
                  12/31: 0 - 1

GL to ya!:yeah

Comment

Working...
                  X