Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise---Dayton

need some thoughts from you since i know ur a dayton guy

i think this team is having some locker room issues right now. very interested in taking the points and ml with st bona tonight

“We played 20 minutes and it’s a 40-minute game,” junior guard Paul Williams said. “In the second half, we just didn’t care.”

Williams added: “I can’t tell you what’s going on. It’s basketball. They say they love the game, but they shouldn’t let anything like that get to them. Some love the game, but I don’t know if all of us love the game.”

heard there's been more than 1 quote like this season. i think theyre overrated to begin with personally. they shoot only 40% as a team, take out the fordham game and these guys havent been exactly blowing teams out lately.

what you think fran? my main concern is that ive seen st bona at their absolute worse, that game @ temple where the defensive effort by bona was disgraceful. but i do think theyre capable of playing well enough to take the flyers to the wire

Not a UD guy, but I can tell you, there are some major problems in Dayton right now. There are rumblings that Juwan Staten's dad is furious w/ Gregory's offense and has actually gone to an assistant coach's office and reamed him about how they are using Staten. Rumors are that Staten will be transferring at year's end.

Plus, there are rumblings that Chris Wright has expressed a lot of anger/disappointment in how things are going in front of the team.

Dayton QUIT against Duquesne in the 2nd half Sunday...QUIT.

In a loss @ UMASS earlier this year, Chris Wright was quoted as saying that they didn't take UMASS seriously. Not a quote a coach wants to hear from his "star" senior.

There are some serious internal problems with the Flyers right now. Question is, how do they respond? To date, they haven't had a leader show up and right the ship. I think the kids have quit and given up on Gregory. There are talks of mass transfers, decommits, etc. on the Dayton boards right now.

I was surprised the line was so high on this game. Since its impossible to know what's going on in the Dayton locker room and how they will respond, I would stay away. St. Bonnie played pretty well against X in the first half of their game a couple weeks ago and Nicholson was non-existent. Nicholson is one of the few players in the A10 who can take a game over (Saunders, Holloway, Nicholson, Anderson, Harper).

The line tells me back Dayton because of the old "if it looks too high, its high for a reason." (See Illini/PSU last night) But based on what I know out of Dayton, I would back Bonnie. A good no play, IMHO.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

thanks for the input nigel.. glad you confirmed that there are some issues over there

you may be right about staying away, but i cannot do such a thing lol

Comment

Nigel is 100% correct on his facts. I disagree with assessment that Staten will transfer because I think since the ball is so heavily in his hands and he has the ability to score 20 and dish 10 a night he would be foolish to leave.

There are definitely problems with the chemistry and the offensive scheme right now. The players aren't being put in positions to succeed and if you also look at MSU this offensive game plan isn't working when you don't have really superior shooters and penetrators. That combined with less than 100% effort is causing some real problems. They had some brutal stretches where they give the ball away and give up easy baskets and when you can't score very effectively you can't give up free points. Lasalle is better than their record and Murray will probably have a field day just like Nicholson. Dayton has no players that can guard an athletic 5. Dayton's center also commented after the Richmond game that the difference between Dayton and the top of the league is that the top of the league is able to get up for "the Lasalle's and Fordham's" of the world. I am sure Lasalle has seen that and will bring their A game. Dayton also isn't the best road team.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
        X