• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend

ATS: 89-78-3

Dog ML: 2-13

-7.21 u

some games of interest for the weekend

Wiscy vs. ohio st= i think this will be one of those games where the public%s will show lopsided action on buckeyes but a lot of people will be on wiscy in reality. Ive thought for months that this would be states first loss so im going to stick with that. prior to beating up a crappy minny team, buckeyes eked out wins on the road vs. nwestern, iowa and illinois. If wiscy hits shots early and the game is close i like kohl center to pull it out.

Texas vs. baylor = i think this is a god awful spot for this baylor team. Texas is steamrolling every challenger and i dont think they forgot about dropping 3 games vs. baylor last year. im worried this line will be extremely high but ill lay up to 13 if i have to cuz i think texas will be out for blood here.

VillaNoFun vs. pitt = i like nofun to bounceback from the rutgers debacle and beat pitt at home. IMO the absense of Gibbs will hurt pitt more in this matchup than @ west virg because Nofun has more offensive firepower.

Bammer vs. yellow liquid excretion

Valient effort by Bama nearly stealing a W @ memorial last night. I think they bounceback with a solid home win vs. piss saturday. I dont wanna lay alot tho so if line's higher than 7 ill leave it alone. Piss has picked it up lately but bama plays terrific defense, especially at home.

DuQuense vs x

Ok, finally a matchup where the short x rotation has to catch up to them. DuQuesnse is good enough to control the tempo @ home imo, make this a face paced game that will force x to go to the bench. x has surprised me alot this year but i refuse to believe theyre still a cut above of everyone in this conference this year. they did manage to lose to charlotte so these guys arent world beaters. DuQuese is a real solid team, they ran temple off the court @ home. theyve had over a week to get over that tough loss @ st bonnies and prepare to beat xavier. Im sure theyll be amped to avenge the 30+ point loss they suffered to x last yeat on the road. I really like the dukes in this spot

Iowa vs. minny

minny's ranked days are done for good. have a feeling their freefall continues here but not sure i wanna back iowa, i want at least 5 points

Purdue @ Mrs. Tisdale

Looks like a solid spot for illinois to let the fans down coming off the road win. not an auto play as purdue has wiscy on deck and illy has been solid @ home, but definately looks like a patented choke spot for the illini

Johnnies @ cinci

still pissed i didnt back them vs uconn, this could be a letdown spot on the road of course but... they could not have impressed me more last night seeing them in person. Hardy was the MAN, they looked great out there, and made almost all of their free throws. Thats why im still scratching my head over that home loss to cinci, they were 14-29 on FTs in that game , but for the season shooting 71% as a team. Johnnies are the better team, if they hit the ft's they win that game. the fact that cinci's best big east win was vs st johns kind of verifies to me cinci's overratedness. that said, johnnies have been awful in their last 4 road games so not an auto play, but i do think they get revenge, i wanna find some quotes from players talking about avenging that loss so i can at least justify playing this on a revenge angle.

lookin at more saturday games, barely got anything to do at work..

Villanova senior Corey Stokes, the team's second-leading scorer, is struggling with a nagging turf toe injury. Wright said the training staff is evaluating whether the injury needs rest or if it is something he will have to play through. ...

this has to be monitored

Comment

Thanks for the write-ups!!!
      Great info!

I think lots calling for Wisky to win, but got faith in tOSU tomorrow:thumbs:

Good luck this weekend,
      Go Bucks:beerbang:

Comment

thanks mike, that buckeye game is such an interesting matchup, college bball at its finest, cant wait to watch it

Comment

Clemson vs. unc

im going to wait for the line to move cuz unc may end up favored. i tihnk heels drop this one then win out till the home game vs duke to end reg season. all you hear after the duke game is how great the heels are, now theyre just a pick @ clemson... Little John is a sick HFA and itll be tough for the heels to get up for this game after the tough loss @ duke. clemson plays great defense, unlike BC who unc crushed. it wasnt that long ago that unc almost lost to miami on road and got crushed by awful g tech.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post

DuQuense vs x

Ok, finally a matchup where the short x rotation has to catch up to them. DuQuesnse is good enough to control the tempo @ home imo, make this a face paced game that will force x to go to the bench. x has surprised me alot this year but i refuse to believe theyre still a cut above of everyone in this conference this year. they did manage to lose to charlotte so these guys arent world beaters. DuQuese is a real solid team, they ran temple off the court @ home. theyve had over a week to get over that tough loss @ st bonnies and prepare to beat xavier. Im sure theyll be amped to avenge the 30+ point loss they suffered to x last yeat on the road. I really like the dukes in this spot

[
            Tomorrow's game should be really interesting. I do think its important to note that the game tomorrow is not on Duquesne's home floor. Its at the new Consol Energy Arena. I'm pretty surprised the Dukes didn't want this game on their true home floor. X has had nightmares playing in the Dukes tiny gym in the past....it will be interesting to see if the change in venue affects the game.

I'm not sure if Duquesne will control the tempo. A lot of that depends on how Duquesne will do on the boards against McLean and Frease. Controlling the glass can have a huge impact on the tempo of a game.

I agree that X isn't a cut above the rest of the conference, but they have been exhibiting two crucial aspects of any solid college basketball team: 1) good guard play; and 2) good coaching.

Again, based on recent history, I am baffled as to why the Dukes chose to play this game away from their home gym. Guess its the almighty dollar. As an X fan, I'm just glad X doesn't have to go the house of horrors that has been the Palumbo Center.

GL this weekend. :thumbs:
            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

1 unit

Clemson pk (-110)

Texas-11 (-108)

all i put in so far

Comment

Nigel- thanks for that info, had no idea about that, not sure hwat effect that will have but im gonna look into that game more

Comment

i herd stokes is out for the game but cant find anything definitive, no way i take nova without him

Comment

1 unit

Bammer-7 (-101)

laying off wiscy also, rather just enjoy that game , too close to call. so laying off nova and wiscy, palyed the other 3

Comment

clemson sucked in last 3 mins...

1 unit

SO MISS+2.5 (-107) @ memphis

so miss is better team imo

Comment

almost overselpt duquesne game also..

2 units

DuQ-5.5 (-109)

1 unit

Iowa+1 (-105)

Comment

1 u

DuQ-3 (-115) 2nd half

Comment

Eff xavier and eff me for not getting in the early games i liked. im going to florida for the week so im not gonna bother looking at the games, i mite not bother posting again till the tourney, although ill get the itch no doubt im sure when i get back. this was a lost season for me but i learned alot. ill do better next season.

BOL to everybody while im gone , please crush those damn bookies. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post
                              Eff xavier and eff me for not getting in the early games i liked. im going to florida for the week so im not gonna bother looking at the games, i mite not bother posting again till the tourney, although ill get the itch no doubt im sure when i get back. this was a lost season for me but i learned alot. ill do better next season.

BOL to everybody while im gone , please crush those damn bookies. :thumbs:

Come on now, Beholdah...don't be effin' Xavier. The Dukes were 13-27 from the charity stripe and lost by 8. I feel bad because the one time you've taken X in the recent past was the Charlotte game.

Have a great vacation and come back rejuvenated to kick the man in the balls. :beerbang:
                              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
                              X