Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday NCAA

YTD: 21-10 (+10 units)

3-2 yesterday. Going with my largest card today, so grab a few more towels Q.

Saint Louis +10
    Towson -1
    Northern Illinois +5
    Eastern Michigan +7
    Central Michigan -2
    San Diego +15
    Troy +2
    Eastern Illinois +8.5
    Idaho State +6
    Centenary +18
    Western Illinois +18

GL today :thumbs:
    2010 NCAAF: 10-5 (+4.5 units)
    2010 NFL: 18-5 (+12.6 units)
    2010 NCAAB: 34-24 (+8.6 units)
    2011 MLB: 33-50 (-10.34 units)

*Past performance is not an indication of future results.

Well at least we're together on 2/3 MAC games.....the two directional Michigan schools.

Flashes on a tear lately and with a four-game road trip and 4-0 vs. the West Division so far! Including the 2010 MAC Tournament, Kent State has won 21 straight games against MAC West opponents. The Golden Flashes have won 12 straight and are 14-1 this season when scoring at least 30 points in the paint. During the five game win streak Kent State is out scoring opponents by an average of 35.2 - 25.6 (+9.6 ppg) in the paint which is where the difference may be today. Kent State leads the all-time series with NIU 30-17 having won nine straight and 13 of the last 14.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

circle jerk

on most of those with ya

let's get this bud! Get the countdown to Vegas on a good start
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Joe - what's your point? :laughing:

In all seriousness, that just makes me feel like there is absolutely no value in taking a team with the statistics you mentioned - how could a team like that not win and cover easily versus a struggling N Illinois squad? My strategy this year has been to take teams that nobody else wants to take, with the assumption that the good teams are overvalued (which is reflected in the spread) and the bad teams are undervalued. Along the same lines, I don't expect trends to continue and want to be ahead of the curve when (and if) there is a reversal.

You brought up excellent points and Kent may well beat the crap out of N. Illinois, but I've got to stick with what works for me. Glad to finally get some discussion and input on a play - I like to hear what others are thinking.

GL today JP :cheers:

Comment

Joe - what's your point? :laughing:

In all seriousness, that just makes me feel like there is absolutely no value in taking a team with the statistics you mentioned - how could a team like that not win and cover easily versus a struggling N Illinois squad? My strategy this year has been to take teams that nobody else wants to take, with the assumption that the good teams are overvalued (which is reflected in the spread) and the bad teams are undervalued. Along the same lines, I don't expect trends to continue and want to be ahead of the curve when (and if) there is a reversal.

You brought up excellent points and Kent may well beat the crap out of N. Illinois, but I've got to stick with what works for me. Glad to finally get some discussion and input on a play - I like to hear what others are thinking.

GL today JP :cheers:

Comment

Sorry for the double-post. I just wanted to get to 100. :beer2:

Comment

Working...
            X