Buster Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Friday

Only one play for me tonight and it's a good one. Kent heads out to play the home favorite Drexel. Who is already a 60-40 favorite and even still with the line movement going from -3.5 up 5 this early morning. The Golden Flashes have won five straight BracketBuster games and with their eighth BracketBuster television appearance this season have played in more televised games than any other school in the event since its inception in 2003. With his second consecutive 25-point outing, senior guard Rodriquez Sherman became the first Kent State player since Antonio Gates in 2002-03 to post back-to-back games with 25+ points. Drexel is coming off a 51-43 loss at UNC Wilmington on Tuesday. The Dragons are 10-2 at home this season. Guard Chris Fouch comes off the bench to lead the team with 15.3 ppg.
    I think the rebounding advantage for the Dragons is huge with Givens and McCoy. Kent's Greene and Rodriguez aren't on the Flashes could be in for a long night.

Drexel -5(-110).....................1 unit.

(Go Flashes none the less!!!!!:beerbang:)
    NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
    O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
    Teasers:
    Rothstein's leans:
    Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
    NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
    O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
    Rothstein's "leans":
    Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

:nono:

Not so fast my friend......:laughing:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

BOL to ya Nicky! I am backing the Goldens tonight in what is going to be a slug fest in the half court! It's ok though, the Flashes like to slow the pace down as well......

Here are three posts on a Kent Blog from a Dragon's Fan:

"Well I can say for this game, you will be playing in the halfcourt. We play our games at a crawl, and we force our opponents to do the same, not including syracuse. Well if he (Justin Greene) is your best big man it will be interesting as Mccoy will be paired with him as our 6'9 wall. He is learning to use his 270 pound frame and has learned decently how to hold his position without fouling. Regardless should be interesting since I dont realistically think either of our teams have much of a chance this year for the ncaa's."

"......We are coming off a loss @uncw, so we should be hungry once getting back to philly for kent. Lucky for you guys, I think the more interesting matchup between us will be the rematch in 2 years. You guys have more to gain than we do this year, even though I think both need to win their respective tournaments to have a chance. We havent won a game since 06-07 in our tournament, so I would say you have a better chance than we do this year."

"So we have finished our slate of games before the bb game. Luckily for you guys we are struggling beyond belief right now, in our typical february slide. We will be coming off of a loss at uncw where we had an offensive explosion for 43 points. We are 4-2 in our past 6 but all have been brutal to watch and we are not playing well at all. Now is the best time to draw us. We still match up well with you but if you can score points, you will be fine. However your points will be in the halfcourt, that is a guarantee......"
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I like the read but the blogger has not convinced me totally. Even saying that "McCoy can hold his ground without fouling". His shot blocking capabilities also makes it tough on the Flashes. he sounds like the doubting Thomas that I can be:sm:. Great find Joe and a good read. I'm still laying the chalk tonight, which means a solid "W" for you:beerbang:

Have fun, should be a great game.
        NCAAF '12: 11-16-0, -7.90 units.
        O/U:4-2, +1.80 units.
        Teasers:
        Rothstein's leans:
        Double Digit Home Dogs:9-7-1, +1.30 units.
        NCAAB '11-'12: 128-123-0, -10.80 units.
        O/U: 46-38, +2.80 units.
        Rothstein's "leans":
        Double Digit Home Dogs: 36-20-3, +13.10 units.

Comment

Working...
        X