WCC Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCC Question

Anyone know offhand where the WCC Conference tourney is being held? The reason I ask is because Santa Clara getting +1.5/+2 vs St Mary's (depending on the book) looks fishy, which is what leads me to think the tourney is probably at St Mary's. That's a damn tough place to play....

Thanks

Portland, if im not mistaken?
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Your right GM......Chiles Center in Portland Oregon

Comment

Hmmm.....you know, I think you may be right, although I'm still not positive.

That line makes no sense to me if that's the case, and the public is all over Santa Clara, yet the line has moved a 1/2 point already in St Mary's favor. Something stinks there, unless I'm completely missing something. I don't follow the WCC all that closely, and I know Santa Clara just lost to Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine, but prior to that, they were pretty dominant @ 11-1 in conference, with their only conference loss coming against Gonzaga....including sweeping St Mary's.

I suppose the logic here is that it's hard to beat a team 3 straight times (although alot of good that logic did yesterday for Missouri St vs Creighton), plus it would seem as though Santa Clara is slipping a bit, with losses to 2 pretty bad teams in their last 2 games.

Or, like I said, I could be completely missing something...

Comment

I think you just talked yourself into a NO PLAY????????:conf:

Comment

St Mary's was awesome last night winning by 40 against Portland, a team who plays on that floor throughout the year (again, if im not mistaken)...

St Mary's really turned it around at the end of the season, it started with a win at home against San Fran. They then traveled to Pepperdine and LMM and won both of those games by DD...Already mentioned the 40-pt win last night...

I will be on St Mary's tonight for many reasons including since the public is hitting SC. Ride 'em to the NCAA tourny? Sure, Ill do that.
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

St Marys has played great since back to back clunkers versus Gonzaga and Portland a couple weeks back. Still, that being said, the teams they beat are marginal (at best) in the three game run and this line does stink to high heaven since Santa Clara is a very talented team.

This one has me perplexed aswell, much like the MTSU/USA game (which seems only me and you dared to take MTSU, haha).

If anyone has an injury info, maybe that could explain something but I haven't found anything noteworthy.

:dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by teebee34 View Post
                I think you just talked yourself into a NO PLAY????????:conf:
                Nah, I actually want to play St Mary's, and was trying to collect some info so I could try and figure out why the line is what it is. I've been "out of the loop" a bit on some of the smaller conferences this year, one of them being the WCC. All I knew is that Santa Clara was at one point ripping thru the conference, and now all of a sudden they're a dog in the conference tourney. I knew there had to be a good reason, and an explanation, which I think I have found thru the info you guys posted in this thread.

A perfect example of why the public is dumb and will always lose. They remember Santa Clara thrashing Gonzaga on nat'l TV, remember them tearing thru their conference, and now see them as a dog, and think it's a steal....instead of trying to figure out WHY the line looks incorrect, and realize that things that look too easy, probably are.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. Looks like St Mary's for me tonight :thumbs:

Comment

I am on St Marys.....

Both the WCC and the Big Sky Conf were in Portland simultaneously.....:nuts:
                  Go Boilers!
                  thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                  NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                  NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                  NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                  NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                  NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                  NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79