• Show
Clear All

• Xavier peaking ahead?

Lasalle +14 at Xavier

+8 1st half

Tonight vs. Lasalle.

Dayton on deck in 5 days for X.

Plus I see they are #25 now.

Look ahead? 14 seems like a lot and lasalle has played OK against the big boys this year.

What do you A-10 guys think?

I like the 1st half play the best but may look at the game too.

Woody, normally I would agree with you....but I'm not so sure this is a good spot to go against X. Xavier played horrible against Fordham on Saturday...HORRIBLE! Chris Mack was angrier than I've ever seen him Saturday night. He pretty much trashed the entire team except Holloway....hard to trash a guy who goes for 26, 11 and 10. At the same time, Mack wasn't thrilled when the team celebrated Holloway's 10th and final assist.

Here is a major portion of the post game article....

Chris Mack didn’t have much good to say after the 79-72 win – unless he was praising Fordham. The Musketeers played without the grit and tenacity they’ve had in their stretch of A-10 games (save Charlotte) and jeopardized their control of the A-10 against a Fordham team that played very well.

Said Mack: “It’s really disappointing. We’ve got some older guys in the locker room. It’s bigger than a game against Fordham, but apparently we couldn’t understand that tonight. I’m really disappointing. Really. It’s a joke. A couple of those possessions, I felt like, ‘You’ve got to pursue the ball. You’ve got to go get it.’ I mean, five, six, seven shots in one possession. It’s not who we’ve been, but it was for stretches of the time in the second half. And I thought we were playing for something bigger.”

Jamel McLean played only nine second-half minutes. A reporter heard from another XU player that McLean had been ill earlier that day.

Mack called it “a garbage excuse.”

“You’ve got three games left in your career at home. You’ve got to play through that,” Mack said.

“That’s not the Jamel McLean I’ve watched for however many games we’ve played. Twenty-six games. I mean, so what, you’re sick. The boss makes you come to work. Get the job done. And I love Jamel, but that was…”

Fordham won the rebounding battle 38-32 and grabbed 13 offensive rebounds. The Rams had 14 second-chance points. They did it against an XU team that stood around on defense in pockets of the second half.

I don't think I'm going to touch this one. Mack has beaten it into to his team's head that they only have two remaining home games....I think X comes out tonight really focused and aggressive.

Hope this helps.....and GL!! :thumbs:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I am staying far away from this line. We played AWFUL against Fordham on saturday, if Tu Holloway didnt pull off another triple double we could have even lost. Mack was furious after the game so I could easily see us coming out and destroying a pretty bad LaSalle team, but at the same time, we have failed to cover any of our big spreads this year minus the St. Joes game. Like I said I just really dont feel comfortable either way...

Ill be there, and hopefully it is not as painful to watch as the Fordham performance, then hopefully the trip up to Dayton isnt too miserable either...

Edit: Looks like Nigel beat me to the punch while I was typing...
      Last edited by CBXU; 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

good stuff guys. I would say you guys had it right! That was an ass-whuppin.

I think that was my worse loss total point-wise al season and that was just in the first half!!:laughing::laughing::bang:

Comment

Working...
        X