Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday

I have been pretty brutal of late for what it's worth but here are some thoughts on today's games.

Dayton/XU over 131 3 units

Brian Gregory has emphasized that it is important for their offense to get quick shots after 2-3 passes before the opponent has a chance to set their defense. In the past they have had success against X away from Cincy at beating them down the court and I think they will be able to get enough easy baskets to keep the scoring moving today. I would also lean to UD as I think the game will be close with the last 4 minutes deciding the game. Unfortunately X has Tu who has won their two matchups this year by being his incredible clutch self in the closing minutes. If UD is down near DD as the game winds down they will really stretch it out with fouls to the point where 15-20 points could be scored in the last 2 minutes. I think we'll see a tight game with each team either over or very close to 70 points. I think the key stat will be fouls for Dayton in this matchup. If X shoots 25-30+ FT's they will win. But if the game isn't called too closely then UD has a much better chance since their athletes tend to get stuck in bad positions on occasion. Dayton has been much more inconsistent and harder to predict this year than in past seasons but Gregory is on record as saying they want to push the pace more this week since he believes it helps them shoot a higher percentage. X has tended to play at UD's pace in their games whether it has been an up tempo game or a grind it out 50 point defensive game.

Miami FL +10 3 Units

I was going to be on the hurricanes if I had gotten 6 or 7, I love the 10. They have played a lot of close games and with their shooters they can score the ball enough to stay in the game. Roy Williams also is not a believer that the conference tourney's are that important so I will be fading them until they lose.

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Could really not agree more on your thoughts on todays matchup...I think I am staying completely away from it, but it should be a fun game to watch for sure...

Comment

Brutalize the man today Franchise......GL! :beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

CBXU...I think it will be very likely be an extremely fun game as well, unfortunately I don't enjoy the part where Holloway sticks daggers in the last two minutes. He is probably the most underrated player in the country and I can't stand him. He reminds me of David West who made me want to throw up in my mouth the day he scored something like 47 of 60 X points in a win at UD a few years back. I will never forget Tu for his garbage slap at Rob Lowery after the whistle last year in the tourney which prompted Lowery to swing his arm and draw a T which gave two points and the ball to X when UD had the win in their hands.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

21-3 start for dayton, wow. id be shocked if they dont choke away the whole lead...

nice start for ur miami bet, all the top seeds at noon came out extremely flat

Comment

Beholdah...I would also be surprised if X doesn't atleast have the ball with a chance to tie at some point. UD was on fire to start the game.
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

adding

St Joe's +10' 2 Units

USC -1 3 Units

I love their defense and they should be able to cause problems with their defense for Zona.

Louisville +1 2 Units

The shooters were comfortable last night and they will get open vs ND. I think UL's pressure will create a few more turnovers. ND looked great last night and that seems to have gotten them a little love today.

glta

i may add a couple more but that is probably it while I sweat out the second half of UD/XU.
              MLB
              May
              Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
              Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
              Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
              Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
              Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

that's the flyers for ya, so predictable, really surprised they actually ended up winning

also, what a predictable collapse by miami. that guy is just an awful coach, players get blame too but at the end of the day he mite be the worst coach in the game.

Comment

Rough game to watch as a Xavier fan...looks like we went through the motions for at least half of the game...looks like Dayton will be getting a favorable matchup tomorrow as well...

Comment

Working...
                  X