X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

A couple for me

WVU -2' 2 Units

Clemson won't have nearly the same success in the post and doesn't have the shooters to consistenly score over the top of WVU. Should be a low scoring battle as well but I'll pass on the total since I think the game score ends up 5-10 below it but could push past the total based on WVU being up 7-9 points late in the game. I doubt Clemson will pull a USC and yield with 90 seconds left of a tourney game.

ODU -2' 2 Units

I like ODU's consistency, balance on offense and strength on defense. They are disciplined and will make Butler work. Butler has stepped up at the end of the season but they really miss Heyward's ability to collect attention. I think ODU was definitely underseeded here.

Temple -2' 4 Units

When Temple has gotten beat the other team has typically shot the 3 very well, played a little up tempo and outrebounded them. PSU is none of those and will really struggle with a superior team as long as Temple plays average to above average and Battle doesn't go nuts. I expect Temple to win by around 10 and considering the likely total I think that is significant.

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

gl this tourney fran :thumbs: temple seems like a solid play but i want to root for Mr. Battle

Comment

Richmond/Vanderbilt

I'm think I'm going to take a pass on this but I think it will be a very intriguing game. Richmond plays a very disciplined style as does Vanderbilt although I think Richmond is a little more efficient and is stronger with the ball. Vanderbilt is more athletic but they key for them will be how that transfers into fouls. Vandy is very dependent on scoring from the FT line but Richmond does a pretty good job of not fouling out of their matchup zone. I feel like Richmond gets the W by holding Vandy under 20 FT's and getting 2-5 extra possessions due to turnover margin. But the line and the general public liking Richmond probably have me staying away from this one. While Vandy has talked about how they have guys that are great matchups for Anderson and Harper I don't think it will play out that way when the game gets going. Harper will be either too big or too quick for whoever guards him and with his ability to consistently knock down 3's he is a very tough and underrated player. If he played in the Big East everyone would know his name.

SD St -15' 2 Units

SD St has beat down better teams that this by quality numbers and they are comfortable pushing the game to big leads. I expect a quality effort with their experienced coach.

BYU -8' 2 Units

Same thing and Davies being missing won't hurt this game. BYU does it by putting up 80+
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

adding

Belmont +5 2 Units
        Belmont +190 1 Unit

Belmont's 3 pre conference losses were by 9 or less @ Tennessee (2) and Vandy. They are a very capable ballclub and IMO Wisky hasn't been able to close teams out away from the Kohl Center. I think it is a very tight game, that could very well come down to 1 basket. I think at this number there is still value there. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Belmont lead for a good portion of the game.

Gonzaga +110 3 Units

Zags coming together at the right time, they have size, athleticism and smarts to match up with St Johns. And to the best of my knowledge Denver is way closer to Spokane than MSG. I think Gonzaga will thrive as an overlooked underdog and while SJU has stepped up I don't think they deserve this much respect. I like Mark Few and I think his guys are ready to go.

Cincy seems to be the play in the Missou/UC game but while I am not impressed with Missou's results I do like their players. And UC hasn't done much over the few games as they finished out the season since their wins were against the bottom feeders in the conference (for the most part). I think it will be an interesting game.

I'm also interested in the Utah St game since it will be interesting to see how they match up. I like their defense and their pg who will force K St. to guard. I may pull the trigger on Utah St but I would have liked to get a little better +odds on the ML.

That's it unless I add a total or 2 throughout the day but now it's time to enjoy the games and considers some half time plays.

glta.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...