X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday

A couple for me

Oakland/Texas over 154 2 Units

Texas is a very willing running team and Oakland will push. I wouldn't be shocked to see them push it past 80 in the first half if they don't start slow and with the regular arena I don't see a problem. I don't think Texas gets beat but with their inconsistent play I wouldn't be shocked by it. I also wouldn't be shocked by a 20 pt beatdown.

Akron +14' 2 Units

I don't think ND is defensively efficient enough to shut down Akron and if it gets close ND typically plays smart and tries to get the win instead of going for style points. They don't run and up down the floor and run the score up like UConn or Kansas.

Nova/GM Under 135' 3 Units

Villanova lacks a post scorer and it seems a mental toughness. They seem to turn victory into defeat and handle end of game situations poorly, which is not typical of a Jay Wright team. But at this point it isn't something I think they can fix. GM on the other hand is solid, consistent, hard working and strong defensively. I think it will be tight throughout with GM pulling it out in the end.

Memphis +6 2 Units

I don't trust Arizona as far as I can throw them and I think we'll see another tight one here where the points matter. I think Memphis can win and lead the game but I'll stay with the points.

FSU/AM Under 122 3 Units

I love ugly games like this. Both teams are tenacious on D and make the opponent earn every point. Combine that with 2 teams that aren't overly efficient on offense and I like a game in the low to mid 50's and the winner being whoever makes the last shot between Middleton and Singleton.

Xavier -2' 3 Units

Xavier should be ready to go after getting humbled early in their last game vs Dayton. They are balanced, physical and versatile. IMO, Xavier has an advantage defensively in a game that matches two very even teams. The other advantage they have is in a premier closer, Tu Holloway. He is an assassin at the end of the game and has the ability to score by driving, getting fouled, shooting over you or putting down a deep 3. Plus Xavier guards are superior FT shooters if the game gets to that point. Xavier is underrated as a conference champion and although they aren't deep the tourney sets up great for them and their post rotation plus Lyons and Holloway.

UNLV -2 3 Units

What has Illinois proven on the road? I think they struggle to score while UNLV gets some easy baskets off their turnovers. I also expect UNLV to pick up a few more points at the FT line as they attack the basket more than Illinois and the free points will be very important in a game between two teams who work very hard on D.

Washington -5 3 Units

I have seen a changing of the tide and people seem to be moving toward Georgia almost as a dislike of UW. I find them intriguing to watch and I think their speed will be a real problem for Georgia. UGA has been brutal in some of their end of game situations with the lead and I think the frenetic pace of UW (especially with Overton back in the fold) will cause turnovers and frustration. This will be their first look at such an up tempo game and the closest they got is Vandy who swept them and don't play at near the pace of UW.

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

one more

LIU/UNC over 159 3 Units

A lot like the Oakland/Texas game IMO with two willing runners who are fine playing at a very quick pace. UNC doesn't typically call the dogs off until very late.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

nice hit on that texas over fran, gl with the rest :thumbs:

Comment