Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGA @ XU -- 2nd Half

Gonna take X -3 -115 for 2 units.

Watching this game. All UGA has on offense is chucking up 3's. X has played like garbage and is up 9 at half. I don't see how anything will change after Mack tears into his players at half. All respect to UGA, but they are young and X is playing them akin to how they would play against Morgan State....actually Morgan State played better than UGA is playing.

GL!!

More details...UGA has nothing inside. X has played a lot of its younger players in the first half and they are playing well. Holloway has taken 1 shot in the first half. He'll step it up in the 2nd half. Lyons hasn't done much either. Xavier is more aggressive and UGA is struggling. I think UGA will have to go bananas from the 3 point line to keep this close...it obviously could happen...but it won't be easy at the Cintas.

X looks rough...sloppy, early season play. I think they play better in the 2nd half and start hitting a lot of the easy shots they had and missed in the 1st half.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 11-25-2011, 09:10 PM.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Nice call. Not sure how it got so close at the end though. Thought i had my x -10 play all but wrapped up when they got up 30+, then checked and they only won by 14??

Anyway, a win is a win :beerbang:

Comment

X got up 36 and quit playing the last 6 minutes. Kind of a good thing for X with their nasty schedule coming up. Chris Mack was visibly pissed after the game. X has gotten up big in a lot of their games this year and just take the pedal off the gas the last 5-6 minutes of games.

He'll have plenty to bitch to his team about over the weekend leading to a pretty interesting game Monday @ Vandy.

This X team is nothing like the team that played last year. Last year it was nothing but Holloway...this year, Holloway doesn't have to score and luckily for X, he is fine with that role. Other kids coming back after considering going to the draft would look for their shot whenever they can to pad their stats. Holloway doesn't care. However, with the A10 looking up and a tough upcoming schedule, I think you'll see more from him. To this point, X hasn't needed him to be a scorer.

Looking forward to seeing how this X team plays on the road. @ Vandy isn't the best place to start your season on the road. Guess it worked for Cleveland State though...
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
      X