Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier v. Hawaii Pick

TYD: 3-0 +6 units.

Can X take care of business without Tu, Lyons and Dez? Clearly not. Can X take care of business without Lyons and Dez? Nope...not against a solid LB State team who has played 5-6 top 20 teams this year. Can X take care of business tonight without frosh Dez Wells against Hawaii? I think so. While Dez is an absolute stud and brings a physicality to the game, he is a frosh and has been inconsistent this year. Lyons has NOT been inconsistent. Truth be told, and as witnessed last night, he is probably the best player on X's team this year.

With Justin Martin coming on and playing solid at the SF position, X should be fine with Tu, Lyons, Walker/Martin, Taylor and Frease. If Hawaii wants to double team down low tonight....do so at your own peril with Tu and Lyons back. X got to 8-0 playing a lot better teams than Hawaii because of Tu and Lyons.

X has taken their medicine for their ill advised decisions at the end of the Shootout...I think tonight is where the tide turns and I think Hawaii is going to be on the wrong end of a lot of X frustrations from the past two weeks.

Does Lyons really make that much of a difference? Yes. I would take X giving a lot more than just 10.5 tonight. Think X turns it around tonight and lays the wood.

Xavier -10.5 -- 3 units.

GL!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

disgraceful officiating, absolute joke. cant believe i stayed up to watch that blatant homerism. x would have ran them out of building but refs didnt allow it. the phantom foul calls clearly got in xavier's head and kept hawaii in game. how about that 3rd foul on Tu with less than a second left in first half like 30+ ft form the hoop? the final foul tally did not do justice to what really happened in this game.

all that said, with fair officiating x may have gone up 20 and ended up not covering anyway. they ended up playing terrible. brad redford is completely done. and the xavier bigs cant finish around the basket for whatever reason.

just a disheartening game

i feel like a dick for staying up this late with a looong day ahead at my girls fam's house tomorrow :bang:

Comment

hahaha now looks like going to ot, i am going to bed, maybe wake up to 15-4 ot score? yeaaa right

Comment

Working...
      X