UD @ Xavier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD @ Xavier

Haven't been posting much. Just haven't had time...plus, with the way X has been playing this year, wagering on or against them has been difficult. They have been unpredictable and disappointing since the Shootout, to say the least.

Xavier -8 -- 3 units

This is not a homer play. I really think this is a good spot for X. X lost @ UD a few weeks ago by 15, yet this line opened at -7.5 and has gone up to -8. X looked horrible last Saturday @ Temple (especially in the first half). Since then, they've had a week off to marinate on that loss. Mack closed practice to the public this week (the first time he's done that during his tenure). I heard Mack interviewed last night on local radio and he said that this week's practices have been very hard and spirited (something that hasn't happened much since Dec. 10th). More importantly, he said he has seen his seniors + Lyons step up in practice this week and take a vocal leadership role (another thing that hasn't happened since Dec. 10th).

I think that tonight we will see a focused and intense X team. If they can't get it together for this game, then they are done. I would like to think that this team has the heart to put together a solid 40 minute performance tonight at home. While X has been bad lately, they did play 34 solid minutes @ Memphis a few weeks ago. They also looked much better in the 2nd half against Temple. I'm feeling pretty confident that X has game planned for Dillard. If they execute tonight, things could get very difficult for Dayton.

Whether the players or coaches will ever admit it, the seniors don't want to be the team to break the streak at home against Dayton.

Long live Jimmy Carter!! :beerbang:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar
Working...
X