North Texas+14 @ creighton

0.25 u/ ?

Mean Green ML

play for Saturday

2.75/ 2.5 u

Western Kentucky +7 @ southern miss

0.5 u/ 1.05 u

Hilltoppers ML +210

I may regret doubling down on a young team playing on the road in a hostile environment. However, southern miss PG Neil Watson being out sealed the deal for me. Southern Miss has no business laying 7 to a quality team right now imo. I have no doubt Donnie Tyndall will have this team playing at a high level soon enough, from what I've read they do have some talent to work with. This early inthe season they are entirely unproven and missing their experienced floor general. Jonathon Mills (9.5 p), an undersized F, is basically the only proven commodity thatll take the floor tomorrow night for So Miss.

The Hilltoppers caught fire shortly after Coach Harper took over and I expect them to be a tough out this year. They play solid defense, which alone gives them strong chance at a road win here.

As for the N Texas play, I dont love it at the current number (10), Creighton can shoot lights out and has real good home court adv. That said, I'd still strongly consider them at +10 as they have alot of talent and could make a NCAA tourney run. Creighton is ahead of them chemistry wise this early in season of course. I do believe if this was in Feburary this line would be much shorter. At the 14 point opening line i jumped all over it..Considering Creighton was a poor defensive team LY and NT has a pro in Mitchell and other talented athletic players, the road win cant be ruled out, tho its unlikely

Though there are many games I considered for the huge opening day slate, I feel like I could easily have 10+ game slate, I rather play the sidelines a little bit for now. It's possible I add another play or 2 later, considering So Dakota St.
    Last edited by TheBeholdah; 11-10-2012, 04:23 PM. Reason: editted in the ML

Comment

almost posted too late

stabbed at south dakota

1.25 u

SD ST +6.5 (-105)

0.25 u

SD ST ML +230

also, the mean green money line was +500, forget to edit that in, not that it matters :laughing: gettin shallacked

Comment

1.25 u

Elon + 14(-105) @ buttler

0.25 u

Elon ML +1000

Elon has potential to be pretty decent this year. I still think Butler will struggle offensively again this year, at least early. Clarke and Dunham are great additions but with Clarke running the point he'll get less open looks. If this team had a true PG I'd love them. BUt opening day against a decent team I don't see a blowout and therefore Elon may have chance at the end.

North Texas was a terd last night but Creighton is just way ahead of them as a team, The Mean Green will make it up to me later in the year. What made their performance more disappointing though was seeing the success the Sun Belt had yesterday. A few quality wins. May stab at Arkansas St later, they should be an improved team as well, but hate losing value on plays, line opened double digits. Great win for South Bama last night, good win for Troy too but they will stick suck this year, and miss st blows as well. Troy refuses to recruit big men for whatever reason and itll hurt them again this year as well. Could be value in fading them @ texas ATM now coming off that win.

Comment

went thru with the ark state play

1.25 u

Ark St + 7 (-102)

0.25 u

Ark St ML +270

Comment

I thought it might take them awhile but Butler looks great at offense, might hang 90 today at this pace. Might be a lot better than I thought. Not being able to play off the ball as much doesnt seem to have any effect on Clarke, although its only one game vs Elon.

Ark State down 7 @ half and Hooten/Finn have combined 0 points. Could be much worse, if these dudes wake up atk st should stay in this game. If told me before the game those dudes would have 0 at the half I'd say theyd be down 15 or more.

Comment

Working...
            X