X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mon/tues

ATS: 2-3 -0.21 u

Dog ML: 0-5 -1.5 u

A change im making: On dogs where money line is +200 or better I always put 1.25 or 2.5 units on the spread, so I always net 1 unit if the dog covers but doesnt win outright. From now on however, I will be just putting 1 or 2 units on the spread and still putting small amt on money line. I dont think always taking the money line is the smartest thing to do but I like doing it. Just dont want to always have that extra 0.25 units riding on dogs anymore.

1.1 / 1 u

Iowa vs. CMU: Over 141

I'll be really pissed if this game ends up falling between 138-141 because when I saw it come out last night at 138 I couldnt bet on it. Bookmaker only place I saw had the line and I wasnt planning on using bookmaker this year. I Figured betonline would have the totals early also but apparantly not.

Keno Davis wants to play as fast as possible, which means good chance Iowa breaks 90 here and extra possessions for CMU to at least get to 60 range

If you read about CMU this year, they are extremely young but have athletes to play the umptempo. I made money on Iowa overs last year and I still feel Iowa isnt widely viewed as an uptempo team yet. It's hard to get the visions of those slow paced unathletic Iowa teams from couple years ago out of peoples heads

Comment

1.1 / 1 u

VCU -4.5 vs. wichita st

Comment

damn iowa total is up to 147 now.

when i read this earlier this morning i thought about tailing at over 141 you for a little cbb action cause your reasoning makes sense to me, and i just don't have time right now to handicap cbb for myself right now.....then i checked the line and it was at 144.5 and i said screw it.

checked again just now and it's all the way up to 147 with about 2/1 split towards the over being reported from what i can see, for whatever that's worth.

I know the books tend to get shredded on cbb totals, but 9 points still seems like a lot of movement in a relatively short time, isn't it?

oh well, i'd have to say if it opened at 138, value has to be almost totally gone at 147 :puke:

Comment

1.1 / 1 u

Wright St -9 @ eastern ill

Incredible how quickly these betonline openers can get away from you if your not ready to hit it immediately. I liked umass but hesitated on it and it quickly jumped from -5.5 to -8.5 in blink of an eye

VCU game: VCU undervalued at that opener imo, chemistry should be far ahead of the new look shockers. I'll take my chances VCU can win by a few possessions at home.

Wright St was picked to finish very low inthe horizen but went out and smacked idaho on the road to open up. They shot 90% from FT and only turned it over 6 times. Pretty incredible for a very young team on the road against a decent enough team. They controleld the game from start to finish. EIU turned over their roster and their top returning scorer avg 4 pts per game last year. They proceeded to go out and get demolished by an average at best bradley team, and from what I read they lack size and athleticsm. I was hoping to lay 6 or less with Wright and even lost a point of value by missing the -8 opener. It may be only one game, but Wright proved they have the ability to drain FT's and be careful with the ball, which may be all it takes to roll a team like EIU, who could be in line for a very ugly season.

Comment

Stiff- hate when that stuff happens...I remember last year waiting all day for the iona-st joes total to come out, it wasnt out at either of my 3 books but was available elsewhere, by the time I was able to bet it the line had risen like 11 points. I didnt play it but it still went over of course.
            Even though I have a favorable number I've been in this situation many times where I get great opening number and still lose handily haha. Just never know.

Hopefully later in the season yuo get some time to cap some games. Im going to keep posting here but thinking about moving to another board as well with more activity than this..

Comment

Working...
            X