thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thursday

I'm on a miserable run right now, 2-9-1 after I was seemingly getting it together, this has essentially been a season long slump for me.

I wanted to write my thoughts on a game tonight, a game I will probably lose a wager on , but a game I feel is the right side.

Wisc GB @ wright st

Wright is 9-4 (5-0 @ home), GB is 6-7 (0-5 on the road) - the line is currently -2/-2.5...hmmm

Though the game is relatively obscure, there is a lot of action on Wright St based mostly on the records.. looking further into the game and using logic, imo Wright St is a sucker bet...

Wisc GB gets Cougill back from suspension, Sharpshooter Cole Stefan makes his season debut, reserve big man Dan Turner is back for frontcourt depth, and 7'1 Alec Brown appears to be finally getting his head out of his ass of late.

Wisc GB was picked in the top 4 of Horizen preseason, while Wright was picked last. Obviously, Wright will not finish last and is exceed expectations. They have a lot of depth that can wear teams down and are well coached. That said, when healthy, there is a reason GB was picked so much higher. They have quality balance on offense and bring more experience to the floor than Wright

Neither team blocks many shots, with Wright being particularly poor in that category, but GB does at least have a 7'1 presence inside. Wright is a poor rebounding team, with GB an above average rebounding team while facing better schedule.

They have been a miserable road team under Coach Wardle, but they did win 3 of their last 5 conference road games down the stretch last season, including @ Wright St. They will be going in here knowing they have had success there in recent history.

Wright has played the #314 SOS, with only 1 win over a top 200 team (#167 Idaho on opening day). They are rated in the top 70 in def efficiency but have faced mostly very weak offensive teams that inflate those defensive stats

GB has played #170 SOS and have 2 wins over top 60 teams (No Dak St and MArQuette), while their defensive stats are weak (#180 def eff) , they have faced numerous strong offensive teams, teams w/ offenses far stronger than Wright's #245 off eff.

Wright proved they are better than expectations right off bat by ambushing Idaho on opening day, and reaffirmed it by giving Cinci a little scare. I was on Wright in that game, and it was a MAJOR sandwich spot for Cinci.

If you factor in that GB is now playing near full strength w/ pretty much a full deck, have won in this building last year, have faced tougher schedule, and have more offensive weapons, and are better rebounding team, I think it all adds up to Wright St being a sucker bet this evening.

all of that said, I doubt my logic will prevail, most likely the only numbers that will prove to matter are the 5-0 at home and 0-5 on road numbers. :bang:

Im waiting for line to potentially rise before playing GB.
    Last edited by TheBeholdah; 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM. Reason: some bad spelling

1 / 1.002

ML Parlay

Michigan over nwestern
    Niagara over marist
    South Dakota St over umkc
    Weber over no colorado
    CSUN over cal river

Comment

BOL to ya Beholdah! Like UDub GB tonight and posted the 1st SCRF System plays of the year in my thread!
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

thanks joe, lets go phoenix

2.1 / 2

Wisc GB +3

Comment

I suck

1.1 / 1

Hawaii vs cs full: over 159

1.1 / 1

Cal + 7 @ ucla

0.3 / 0.8

Cal ml+ 270

1.1/ 1

Csun -13 vs riverside

Full and hawaii in top 50 tempo, full guards too quick for hawaii, hawaii bigs shud have way inside

Riverside got obliterated in both true road games, awful team, csun bouncebavk from hawaii game

Cal bounce back from harvard loss, ucla bad at defense amd letdown from mizzou game

Comment

1.1 / 1

CS Full +3

Comment

Working...
            X