Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saturday discussion thread

Bunk Leans

Iowa St. - Bounceback spot. #1 scoring team in the big 12 playing at home vs Kansas St .. Giving a small number (-3)

Eastern Michigan .... I looked at this team in depth. They have some talent... Northern Illinois only has 4 wins ... Eastern is much better home team than they are on the road.. Eastern giving just 5 in this tilt
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 01-25-2013, 09:28 PM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

BAYLOR vs TCU

TCU is awful ..

This is just a short road trip from WACO to FORTH WORTH.

This is one of those spots where you really need to question whether there is any home court advantage for TCU. But would the number be higher if it were at BAYLOR . CERTAINLY

These two teams just played on 1/12/2013 .. Baylor was laying 18 points in Waco vs Frogs.. They did not cover that number, BUT, the Bears, who lead the league in scoring defense, held the frogs to 40 points.

Frogs can't score , they will not score 50 tomorrow. They have nobody to score buckets ...

So the number in WACO is 18 , and the number tomorrow in Fort Worth comes down to 13.5 ... DOESN'T ADD UP FOR ME at all

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

UCLA at AZ ST

People will be all over UCLA tomorrow at AZ ST after watching them basically manhandle Arizona in Tucson.

UCLA handled Arizona. From tip to the final buzzer. They controlled that game for all 40 minutes.

For that young team to have to turn around, come back down to earth, and play another league rival at their place will be tough IMO.

I think OREGON is the best team in this league. The depth they have is scary.. They have great guard play , good bigs , and Singler who can do it all..

UCLA is good ,when Shabazz has it going they can beat anybody in the PAC , but if he struggles to get buckets they'll struggle.

I'm not all that crazy about Kyle Anderson, Jordan Adams is OK but I haven't seen much from him except close to the rim.. Will they be able to knock down shots tomorrow in TEMPE? and will this group be able to come back down to earth?

I lean towards AZ ST . I'll play against the COMMON OPPONENT thing. AZ beat up on AZ ST in TEMPE, UCLA beat up on AZ ... After losing to two of the best teams in the league in AZ and ORE , the devils found a way to get a win against USC in OT on Thursday night. So you have some momentum with this home dog +3 tomorrow if you take SUN DEVILS . 5 of the last six AZ ST games have gone under the total

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Check out Lasalle getting double digits

They have a good point guard who controlled the tempo against BUTLER .. Big Upset win over Butler ..

VCU has been vulnerable for the last month.

- they barely beat Lehigh and St Joes

Lasalle getting a nice chunk tomorrow (around 11 or 12)

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I've been playing waaay too many chalkers lately

Gotta look for some dogs.

Why not take NEW MEXICO tomorrow in San Diego to battle the AZTECS and here is why -

New Mexico will be loose as a goose ...
          SDS has all the pressure on them.. If they lose they fall to 3-3 in the league with a loss to UNLV and Wyoming already .

New Mexico wears you down, they play both ends of the court and they get to the FREE THROW LINE. They have good size.. Guards are long ..

Lobos have found ways to win close games all year long..

They can afford a loss tomorrow as they sit a top the Mountain at 4-0 in the league ..

SDS - the preseason fav to win this league..

This is an early tip out west 1pm , PT

Lean NM +4.5

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment