• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Weekend -preview thread

Big East

P , I , double T

hosts

THE CUSE

oh man:eeek:. what a game this is gonna be. get's things started off for us on Saturday at high NOON. I know one thing, Cuse is plenty beatable. Pitt is pretty good.. Lots of options for them. Syracuse is very good. This may be a PK. Or Pitt +1 or 2 ... I'm guessing. If your looking for a strong HCA this is it. Pitt is dynamite at home. They've lost twice this season at home , they usually do not lose at home. You saw Tra Woodall drop a couple deep threes at the end of that Louisville game. They have a couple shooters who can shoot over top of this zone and a good PG in Robinson to stay patient and move the ball around to the open guy ...
    I'll be on Pitt , but it won't be real big .. Coin flip game IMO ... It's a decent spot to take a shot with a home dog , who just so happens to be a pretty good team with a lot of options.

The other big game in the big east is the Hoyas

Up and Down this team . For me anyway .. I watched them get bombed against P , I double. I said, "this team is bad" , couple that with a 37-36 win over a mediocre Tennessee and a loss at South Florida, I said " i'm gonna play against this team every game. Then they beat Louisville ( I was on them) Beat up on ND at ND ( I was against them)...

I think they will beat St Johns for a second time on saturday. They really handled them with ease in the first meeting .. St Johns has won a bunch of games in a row. But barely escaped DePaul (twice) Seton Hall they only won by 4. and split vs Rutgers.

I hope this number is around 6 or 6.5 ... I'm having a hard time laying anything higher these days , unless your florida giving 23 at home to south Carolina

Florida vs OLE MISS .

This has blow out written all over it.... Florida is damn good IMO .. I like Florida and I like the Miami hurricanes this Saturday ....

I just knew OLE MISS could not be trusted against Kentucky ..

I was all over OLE MISS when they blew out a MISSOURI team with no Bowers. I was on them when they covered 8.5 in OT at Vandy... I am not sold on them, and I will bet you that they will barely get in the tourney when it's all said and done.. Nothing more than a 8,9 game in the first round.

I just don't think they are very good. The only thing keeping this number from being less than 15 is Marshall Henderson. Besides him i'm not that impressed with OLE MISS. I'm not that impressed with Holloway. Buckner is a better player I think but not a dominant, take over the game guy on the offensive end. I think this number will be around 13..

Easy cover IMO ... Florida has 2 Marshall Hendersons and better big guys ..... Florida has been dominant..... Henderson is a bit of a head case in my opinion and if he gets off to a bad start it could be a loooooong day for him in Gainesville . Going on the road is tough in college b-ball and he isn't making it any easier on himself. I think this is the spot where you really see him struggle and the crowd will get to him instead of him feeding off the crowd. Since their late December loss to K ST , Florida is 9-0 with an average margin of victory right around 26 ppg
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

I'm just glad there are some MAC games on the docket! I've been sucking hind teat lately in other college action. What/who I like is Florida, a DEFINITE FINAL FOUR team!!!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

TOMORROW'S MAC SLATE

Ball St at Bowling Green
      Toledo at Northern Illinois
      Ohio at Akron
      Miami at Central Mich
      Buffalo at Western Mich
      Eastern Mich at Kent St

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Miami FL at NC ST

Big Game..

I'm interested to see what this number will be.. If you can get the canes at +2, that would be great IMO .. Since the Duke win NC ST has been a 2-3 basketball team .. This line will be one you have to monitor up until game time because of the status of ZO BROWN.

MIAMI is winners of 8 straight.

I like Shane Larkin the PG for Miami (Barry Larkin's kid). He is the difference Saturday in Raleigh . IMO ... NC ST PG Brown may not play... I don't like the inconsistency of NC ST .. They made a splash last year with that deep tourney run and they have a few big wins, it's a very inconsistent team though IMO who struggles to make baskets at times.

This is an NC ST team who only plays 6 maybe 7 guys in their rotation. Not having their PG who has started 59 straight games for them could be devastating.

LEAN CANES ------ Confidence is really rising with each win for this Canes team. They followed up the Duke win with a blowout win against the NOLES in Coral Gables and a 9 point win on the road at VA TECH in a game where they were really tested early and were able to match VA TECH who has a dynamite pg in ERIC GREEN , he had 30 against Miami.

Your gonna have to have some size to play with CJ LESLIE and Richard Howell .. Canes have size and your gonna have to be able to knock down 3's .... Canes have Mckinnley Jones, Durand Scott, and Shane Larkin to hit the long ball..

Lean Canes

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Thank you for info
          Best of luck this weekend!!!:thumbs:

Comment

What about OKLAHOMA

they won outright at Baylor two nights ago.

That impressed me. Lon Kruger in charge in Norman..

I tell you what, I was impressed with OKLAHOMA . I don't know if it was just a hot shooting night or what but they handled Baylor .. Baylor did get it close late in the game but it wasn't that close of a game. Oklahoma is sitting pretty good after that win over Baylor and could look even better to the committee if they can win this game against K ST, which would get them to 15-5 (6-2 in league play)

They have two bad losses

Gonzaga bombed Oklahoma by 25 and Sooners dropped a one point game to Stephen F Austin. Losing to Gonzaga is understandable , by 25 is not ... and SFA is the #1 defensive team in the country.. They only give up 49.5 points a game Stephen F Austin

These two teams just played on Jan 19 ... K ST won by 9.

OU outrebounded them 36-24.. It was a very close game .

LEAN OKLAHOMA ... They looked very good at Baylor.... And they are just as good as K ST in my opinion. Playing at home with some momentum...... Give me Lon Kruger over BRYCE DREW any day ....
            Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Charlotte 49ers

Not looking good going forward for Charlotte. Best Player is suspended for them and they have some tough games coming up Butler, VCU amongst the next 5 on their schedule .

They have UMASS on Saturday..

UMASS coming off a BIG win:thumbs:...UPSET WIN OVER LASALLE

UMASS is quietly going about their business . UMASS has won and covered in their last two ball games ...

UMASS on the road could be a good one .. More to come on them ...
              Any thoughts on the A -10 ?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

some early numbers

Pitt -3 ... WoW..I though this would be a PK maybe Pitt +1.... Wow Pitt -3

North Carolina -14.5 ... WOW EEE .. Big Number vs Eric Green led Hokies. He can keep you in a game by himself and Carolina will not have Hairston (concussion) .... I don't know about that folks. 14.5 looks nice ....

Big Ball game in the MAC

Akron -5.5
                Ohio Bobcats at the glass bowl ......

JOE ????????thoughts ??????? I heard Dan Dokitch (mis-spelled) say on ESPN that a team "LIKE AKRON" he could see in the Final Four this year ... I don't know about that ,however Akron is def one of the best two teams in the mac.. OHIO just happens to be the other team lobbying for BEST TEAM IN THE MAC.

My thoughts 5.5 is a good number to grab in this big game . Both teams undefeated in league play ... OHIO BOBCATS a nice program over the last few years....

UMASS +1 .... You can't lose your best player to suspension and beat one of the hottest teams in the league .. IMO that won't happen... That's too hard to overcome IMO

Wichita -1 .. They just have to win the game. I like that .. Number may rise .. But I like my chance with Wichita tomorrow. They bombed NI last time they played

Gtown -8 .... No thank you .. TOO MANY POINTS .... I may take ST JOHNS for a unit .. with 8

Miami -1 ... Another opportunity to take a very good team who just has to win the game

Butler -15.5 ... Rhode Island is bad . The A-10 has about 200 teams .. Rhode Island is arguably the worst

Kentucky -5.5 .. I tell you , I enjoyed watching Nerlens Noel and the young wildcats. A and M won in Lexington and now Kentucky is laying 5.5 ... Doesn't make much sense , but I was impressed with Kentucky for some reason.... I like the Wilcher guy. Not sure if that's how you spell his name, but he has Dirk Nowitski type game. And NOEL is a dynamite shot blocker...

Fishy Line , I may grab Kentucky for unit

Oklahoma -3 .. I like it ... They can beat K ST .. Mcgruder, and Will Spradling , Southwell, The big guy, the little pg for k st, i'm not real afraid of them ...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Florida - 17.5

I thought this would be around 13 or 14...

That's pretty sharp number though IMO because OLE MISS does not impress me and I think Henderson will struggle tomorrow in the ROWDY SWAMP.

He has a big bulls-eye on his jersey now and it's going to be tough for him to exceed on the road the rest of the year.

If Mississippi makes the tourney, they will be no higher than an 8 seed .

I'm not afraid of 17.5 when Florida is beating teams by 26 points on average over the last 9 games.

Gator Chomp

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Big Ten

I'm not a Big 10 guy .. Need some help on this one ...

I did notice his ..

Both these teams shoot the 3 ball very well.. Both are amongst the leaders in the NCAA in both shooting the 3 ball and shutting down the 3 ball...

These are two very efficient teams on the offensive end . They both shoot over 50% from the field on the season ..

I like Michigan to win this game and here is why - Turnovers ... Burke will orchestrate the game and he is the difference .. Indiana will turn the ball over more, and more possessions will be more buckets for the very efficient Wolverines. Michigan is about a 70% Free Throw shooting team on the year .. If they can make 14 of 20 tomorrow, and take care of the ball , make some 3's , they should win .. Burke is about a 78% FT shooter on the season ...

Michigan getting 4

Nobody shoots the 3 ball better than Creighton and Creighton plays Bradley who only makes about 5 3's a game ..

Creighton makes 10 a game.

The line is 18 ... Why not ????? Big Time blowout most likely..

Another good 3 point shooting team is Iowa St and I like Iowa St..

Michigan St transfer Cory Lucious is the PG and that makes for a good matchup with Pierre Jackson...

Iowa St is very , very good at home ... They are a high scoring bunch this Iowa St team and they rebound very well too..

I was disappointed in Baylor , I thought they were better than what I saw two nights ago. Jackson can score , but besided him I don't trust the big freshman Austin, the other guards are too shaky ...

IOWA ST -1 :thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...