Saturday Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Preview

Arkansas at Vandy... I think this line will be Arkansas -3...

Arkansas is coming off that big win over Florida which came right after a double digit win over Tennessee Volunteers. Vandy has nothing going for them and they are extremely young. Arkansas really played a brutal non conference , in November and December they played

AZ ST (l)
    WISCONSIN (l)
    SYRACUSE (l)
    OKLAHOMA (w)
    MICHIGAN ..(l)

They have 8 total losses. So four of their losses are to az st,wiscy,cuse,mich.

ALL TOURNEY TEAMS RIGHT THERE.

Arkansas is setting up to be that team that nobody wants to play coming down the stretch.

If they can beat Vandy Saturday and auburn Wednesday they will be in line for a possible tourney bid. It should atleast put them on the bubble. I like Arkansas chances. I think they will win their next two and get to 16-8. That win over Florida was huge for them ...They currently sit at 14-8.

I think this line will be Arkansas -3 ... Their style will cause all sorts of problems for the young commodores who have lost 4 straight ...

Please folks add a game or two to this thread , tell us who you have cashed with lately, and post some previews for what is going to be another huge Saturday on the college hoops scene
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

VCU travels to Charlotte

VCU is a great 3 point shooting team and they turn you over .

Charlotte is a bad 3 point shooting team and they are missing their best player.

VCU in this one Saturday ..

What VCU does well, Charlotte does not ..

IMO this will be good value number around 1 or 2 (VCU FAVORED)

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Other leans for saturday

Indiana State.

Everybody beats up on So Ill. Valley could get three teams in the dance if Indiana St keeps winning games. They have some big wins over OLE MISS and MIAMI FL. They knocked off Wichita and Creighton. Sycamores took New Mexico to OT and almost got San Diego St as well..

If Indiana St is giving less than 12 I think its a solid play

Miami Fl at home vs. THE TAR HEELS ..

Good spot to take CANES IMO .. In big games, at home they have been excellent .

Since JAN 1st in BIG GAMES

WIN - Lasalle . Beat the explorers by 17
      WIN - Maryland. Beat the Terps by 7
      WIN - Duke . Bombed Duke by 27
      WIN - Noles . Bombed the noles by 24 ...

They'll blow out the tar heels IMO ...

A number less than 7 would be nice. I will take Canes if they are under 10 pt favorites.

I think the number will be 8.5

Ill roll with the canes most likely

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Iowa state at Kansas state

I am looking forward to this game. I have really grown to enjoy watching Iowa state play. Their ability to shoot the 3 ball and score points in bunches always makes them a threat. With tournament time approaching, I see them on the bubble. A win against a ranked Kansas State team could be helpful, so they will be ready.

Kansas state on the other hand likes playing the game in the 60's. If they go cold, Iowa state can put up points in bunches and K-state better watch out. They play great defensive games but they lack that killer instinct as they werent able to get by kansas (at home in a rivalry game) and failed to cover against Texas Tech. I like them as dogs, not favs. Plus now everyone expects KSU to win...much harder to do that, just ask the number #1 seeds.

I see the spread being k state -4ish...I will be hoping to get a higher number amd playing the cyclones.

Comment

West Virginia at TCU

I think this will be a classic example of the betting public looking to back the team who took down Kansas. TCU IMO did not play a great game, they played well, but not great and Kansas decided to forget how to play. This is still the same TCU team who was 0-8 in conference play before rhe jayhawks arrived. I thinj the stock on TCU will be high with bettors being pulled in due to their huge win ams West Virginia's mediocre record. I will take bob huggins boys plus any points if thay is available.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTooth3 View Post
            I am looking forward to this game. I have really grown to enjoy watching Iowa state play. Their ability to shoot the 3 ball and score points in bunches always makes them a threat. With tournament time approaching, I see them on the bubble. A win against a ranked Kansas State team could be helpful, so they will be ready.

Kansas state on the other hand likes playing the game in the 60's. If they go cold, Iowa state can put up points in bunches and K-state better watch out. They play great defensive games but they lack that killer instinct as they werent able to get by kansas (at home in a rivalry game) and failed to cover against Texas Tech. I like them as dogs, not favs. Plus now everyone expects KSU to win...much harder to do that, just ask the number #1 seeds.

I see the spread being k state -4ish...I will be hoping to get a higher number amd playing the cyclones.
            Cyclones :thumbs:

Good Call here . I've been following the Cyclones and I must agree they have something going here in Ames,Iowa.

I totally agree about K ST. I just do not fear anybody for them ... Mcgruder NAAAH, Spraulding NOPE , .... Nobody on K ST puts fear in me when I play against them. They are mediocre basketball team.. I actually saw them in person last year . Here in P , I , double T .. First round of the tourney ..... They barely got by Southern Miss as 5 pt favs.

I agree ... Iowa St is a hot team right now ... And I agree that K ST is not a very good team to lay points with ...

:thumbs:WOOOOOW ric flair

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I think this will be a classic example of the betting public looking to back the team who took down Kansas. TCU IMO did not play a great game, they played well, but not great and Kansas decided to forget how to play. This is still the same TCU team who was 0-8 in conference play before rhe jayhawks arrived. I thinj the stock on TCU will be high with bettors being pulled in due to their huge win ams West Virginia's mediocre record. I will take bob huggins boys plus any points if thay is available.
              I had TCU when they traveled to MORGANTOWN early in the year.

Frogs were +13 points on the road and they got killed ..

I think WVU will be favored in this one. The question is BY HOW MUCH.

This may be a good value if you get EERS minus just a point or two . .........

EERS have been playing better ..Coming off back to back wins ..They shot a season high 56% against Texas Tech just a few days ago..

I think your right on the button with this one BLUE TOOTH and it will be interesting to see what this number comes out at ...

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Let's pick a winner

So here are some early lines from the games that we liked...what do you think?

Arkansas -1.5...I think we have to like that line, especially if we were ready to jump on them at -3...I also think they roll

VCU -7...tough when we expected this line to be around 1 or 2...if you have it rated that close, do you pass or now pack Charlotte?

Indiana State -11.5...I watched that whole game against the jays and the sycamores were lights out...wonder if they come out with that same type on intensity...I think they do simply because now they have to get that win total as high as possible to look good come selection time...Solid play there

Canes -7.5...man this is tough...the U has been so solid especially at home...you know UNC can put up points in bunches, but this is another spot where the Canes are coming out firing and I dont think UNC is all that great...I think this is solid.

Iowa State +6...this to me looks like the best of our early selections...but that is what makes it so scary...like you said Bunk...K state does not scare me...I will be taking the cyclones plus the points...think they have a great spot to win SU

West Virginia-7....ouch...I was hoping the public would fall in love with the TCU big win but that didnt happen...I would have liked this closer to 3 or 4...dont have faith in WV covering 7 on the road...pass for me

Other games I liked after seeing the card
                Michigan -1...with Florida and Indiana going down, I think Michigan sees a spot to have a big win and take back that #1 seed...Wisconsin is so streaky and if they fall behind...good luck

Oklahoma State -3...I am a die hard Texas fan...but they suck!
                Butler -3...closer to march we get...better they get
                Nova-9...South Florida is waiting for spring break
                Kansas -3...you bet they got ripped a new one...they come out HARD
                Northwestern -8.5...two teams that like the game in the 50's-60's...like the points
                M State -4...Izzo's boys are about to start rolling
                Zags -24...they are playing for style points...blow outs are common plus at home
                Murray State -6.5...FRO!

Hate having so much chalk but think thats what i like as of now...

Comment

INDIANA ST -12

I'll take it ..

Not a bad number with Sycamores in this one IMO ..

Bunk will be on THE SYCAMORES :beerbang:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

ARKANSAS -1.5

Good Number.

This may move.. Would be something if you could grab Arkansas at a PK ..

Vandy is struggling . Bad .. and Arkansas is THAT TEAM this year.

Make a late push and get in the tourney ... Play in an 8/9 game ...

They give you headaches.

40 Minutes of Hell is back in Fayetteville

Miami Fl -7.5 ..

If NC ST bombed NC . I can see Miami Fl bombing them too.

Great home team in big games.

Not a bad number for a team projected to be a 1 seed in the dance ...

UMASS -3.5 .. Not a bad number... Minutemen have been solid

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

HEY BLUE

WVU is -6.5...

:bang::bang:

That is too many points IMO ... That is a sharp number in my eyes.

Not worthy of a play ..
                      ..... IMO ....... Better games on the board and the number is sharp ...

Now Iowa St +5..... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT ... Love getting a 5 spot with the CYCLONES... K ST stinks IMO ....

Give me THE MAYOR FRED HOIBERG over Bruce Weber any day ..

skunk man bunk a dunk here.

What do you think BLUE TOOTH ?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

YEAH

So here are some early lines from the games that we liked...what do you think?

Arkansas -1.5...I think we have to like that line, especially if we were ready to jump on them at -3...I also think they roll ...LOVE THE RAZORBACKS

VCU -7...tough when we expected this line to be around 1 or 2...if you have it rated that close, do you pass or now pack Charlotte? THIS NUMBER WILL FALL .. VCU WILL WIN BIG IMO
                        Indiana State -11.5...I watched that whole game against the jays and the sycamores were lights out...wonder if they come out with that same type on intensity...I think they do simply because now they have to get that win total as high as possible to look good come selection time...Solid play there SYCAMORES
                        Canes -7.5...man this is tough...the U has been so solid especially at home...you know UNC can put up points in bunches, but this is another spot where the Canes are coming out firing and I dont think UNC is all that great...I think this is solid. CANES
                        Iowa State +6...this to me looks like the best of our early selections...but that is what makes it so scary...like you said Bunk...K state does not scare me...I will be taking the cyclones plus the points...think they have a great spot to win SU.... MY BOOK HAS 5 .. CYCLONES
                        West Virginia-7....ouch...I was hoping the public would fall in love with the TCU big win but that didnt happen...I would have liked this closer to 3 or 4...dont have faith in WV covering 7 on the road...pass for me

Other games I liked after seeing the card
                        Michigan -1...with Florida and Indiana going down, I think Michigan sees a spot to have a big win and take back that #1 seed...Wisconsin is so streaky and if they fall behind...good luck............. I LIKE MICHIGAN ALOT .... HARDAWAY JR WAS IMPRESSIVE HITTING 3's AGAINST THE BUCKEYES>.. MICHIGAN FOR ME

Oklahoma State -3...I am a die hard Texas fan...but they suck! .... DON'T LIKE THIS GAME Butler -3...closer to march we get...better they get
                        Nova-9...South Florida is waiting for spring break .... SOUTH FLORIDA STINKS
                        Kansas -3...you bet they got ripped a new one...they come out HARD ... YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT .. EVERYBODY HAS A BAD GAME. Northwestern -8.5...two teams that like the game in the 50's-60's...like the points
                        M State -4...Izzo's boys are about to start rolling ... I DO THIS THIS IS A GOOD TEAM
                        Zags -24...they are playing for style points...blow outs are common plus at home .... I AGREE . I WON'T LAY 24 .. But they will probably coverMurray State -6.5...FRO! ... I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THEM

Hate having so much chalk but think thats what i like as of now...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Sycamores, Arkansas, and Miami

I will also be on the Sycamores....

I actually see the Arkansas line moving up...might want to buy the half a point and take them -1...I dont see it getting lower than -1.5...I am going to jump on them at the -1

Canes scare me...I know they are a damn solid team and they have came out very hard every game but that was before we knew how good they were...NOW they are supposed to win big...different role vs an up and down UNC team...I am scared there

I havent followed the minutemen....If you say it is a solid number, I will follow!

Comment

I hate having alot of chalk too

For sure it sucks..

But the numbers on some of those games seem pretty fair ..

I see a nice looking dog with NEW MEXICO +5 at unlv ..... On a neutral court NEW MEXICO would be favored ...

LOBOS are the better team IMO .. They are definitely the better cover team .. In the league they have covered 6 of 7 ... Lobos have bounced back nicely since the @$$ whoopin they took at San Diego St..

Aztecs bombed the lobos two weeks ago

Lobos have won 3 straight and point totals have been rising ..

NEW MEXICO +5 ...

unlv needs a win bad .. I don't think they are 5 points better than nm

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Iowa State

I actually locked them in at +6 -110

I agree with you with that line moving down...they are in a prime position to make a statement and KSU has a date with KU on monday that I think they will be looking forward to...especially with KU's last performance

I think these plays are solid and they are going to be a play for me

Arkansas -1 (120)
                              Indiana State -11.5
                              UMass -3.5 (on your input)
                              Small play on the canes at -7.5...if it drops...bigger play on them

Comment

Working...
                              X