Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style

March is a coming.

I opened this thread to hear some thoughts on which teams you think will be tough outs and why.

The one thing that has been killing me lately is the style of play of some of these teams.

It is so frustrating as a Pitt fan to watch them burn a whole shot clock in the 2nd half of games when they are down 13. No sense of urgency for them ever. And they are 10 deep. There are teams who only play 7 or 8 guys who put more pressure on teams than Pitt. No press, very little ball pressure ..

Another example.

You have a team like MIAMI HURRICANES who gets themselves caught up in a low scoring game tonight and almost got dumped.... PUSH THE TEMPO. GET THE BALL INSIDE . No they shoot 25 threes, make 2 of em and barely escape .... After watching them tonight I may play against them in round 1 of the tourney cause they showed me they can get themselves caught up in a SNOOZE FEST of a game and allow an inferior team to control tempo.

I watched VCU on Thursday ... They get after you and they are athletic and deep and they play hard.

I like VCU to make a deep tourney run ...

Watch out for OKLAHOMA ST . They are winning games , because they score points.

Their last loss is to Baylor on Jan 21.. They only scored 54 ... Since then they scored

They've won 7 straight , averaging 80 points a game..

Huge games coming up for OKIE DOKIE... HOME GAMES ..

They get Kansas on Wednesday

Post your thoughts on the teams you've been following. Who do you think is going to be dangerous in the tourney and who do you plan on riding come tourney team.

I've listed two ...

VCU and OKIE DOKIE ST
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Butler and Gonzaga always make deep runs, watch out for them as well.

VCU with Shaka Smart at the helm is no easy task either.

If you're looking at futures bets for a national title i took the following

IU
    Michigan State
    Florida

Comment

I can tell you I will be fading Wisconsin in the tournament. There offense consists of 4 guys standing around the perimeter with a big guy inside who has no post moves and they do not shoot free throws well at all so cant close a game. Miami has the same issue with free throws so I can't see them getting very far although they do a lot of other things very well. Ill give you some squads I like tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
        I can tell you I will be fading Wisconsin in the tournament. There offense consists of 4 guys standing around the perimeter with a big guy inside who has no post moves and they do not shoot free throws well at all so cant close a game. Miami has the same issue with free throws so I can't see them getting very far although they do a lot of other things very well. Ill give you some squads I like tomorrow.
        Disagree with Wisconsin, Berggren is in the top 5 big men in the conference. Also their outside shooting is one of the best. Wisconsin has elite 8 potential.

Comment

UCLA

I've played against them twice and they burned my @$$.

This team is so young , I don't think NCAA TOURNEY PRESSURE will get to them, cause I don't think they will know any better.

Both times I've watched them Shabazz showed up.

UCLA has been able to BOUNCE BACK all season. ..... They were very impressive in that road win at AZ .... UCLA has a lot of size .. Guards are big (6'5"type wing players)

They've only lost 2 in a row ONE TIME ... They struggled early but seem to have things together ... They play AZ and AZ ST at home then finish up on the road at WASH ST and WASH ..

If they finish out league play with 5 in a row , this could be a dangerous team.. YOUNG TALENTED PLAYERS with confidence and go to guy = success in march

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
            I've played against them twice and they burned my @$$.

This team is so young , I don't think NCAA TOURNEY PRESSURE will get to them, cause I don't think they will know any better.

Both times I've watched them Shabazz showed up.

UCLA has been able to BOUNCE BACK all season. ..... They were very impressive in that road win at AZ .... UCLA has a lot of size .. Guards are big (6'5"type wing players)

They've only lost 2 in a row ONE TIME ... They struggled early but seem to have things together ... They play AZ and AZ ST at home then finish up on the road at WASH ST and WASH ..

If they finish out league play with 5 in a row , this could be a dangerous team.. YOUNG TALENTED PLAYERS with confidence and go to guy = success in march
            Agree. I dont think they could hang with the top 6 of the Big Ten though

Comment

MR BIG TEN is here , usually one a year

Originally posted by Amuna1225 View Post
              Agree. I dont think they could hang with the top 6 of the Big Ten though
              Well since your bringing up NON CONFERENCE and THE BIG TEN, I just looked at WISCONSIN ...

Loss @ Florida
              Loss to Creighton NEUTRAL FLOOR
              Loss to Virginia AT HOME
              Loss @ Marquette in Milwaukee

I think UCLA could hang with Wisconsin ..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
                Well since your bringing up NON CONFERENCE and THE BIG TEN, I just looked at WISCONSIN ...

Loss @ Florida
                Loss to Creighton NEUTRAL FLOOR
                Loss to Virginia AT HOME
                Loss @ Marquette in Milwaukee

I think UCLA could hang with Wisconsin ..
                Pac 12 < Mountain West < Big East < Big Ten

Comment

Helf !

How about Pitt and ND to day. Do you think that Pitt can cover 10 point vs N.D . Let me know your thoughts on this game please ! Thank you and Good luck.
                  T.T

Comment

Working...
                  X