Mikey's March Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey's March Madness

Haven't been on here (or bet much at all) since around the middle of last MLB season. I'm back at it and will post some NCAAB plays. So far since the tourney started I'm 2-3 -1.25 units but will start here at 0-0 since those weren't posted. All plays are for 1 unit.

Taking:
    Syracuse -6 vs Middle Tenn (-110). The historical results for 15s who make the 2nd round aren't good, and I don't think MTU will have much left after the game of their lives vs MSU.

Hawaii +7.5 vs Maryland (-110). I like this matchup for Hawaii, as they force turnovers while Maryland is turnover-prone, and they have power conference talent.

Xavier -4.5 vs Wisconsin (-110). I think this game will be similar to the Nova-Iowa game, honestly. Wisc was over-seeded IMO and doesn't match up well with Xavier.

May add more later.

So far 1-2 (from Sunday's plays), -1.2 units.

Taking: SDSU -5. 1.1 units to win 1 unit. I think this is a tough matchup for Ga Tech on the road, across the counry against a strong defensive team after playing at S. Carolina a couple of nights ago.

Comment

Tournaments to date: 2-2, -0.2 units

Sweet 16 action! I love when the tourney comes back after the 3 day break.

Taking:
      Texas A & M +3.5, 1.15 units to win 1 unit. Oklahoma so far has failed to cover in both games and doesn't seem to play a full 40 minutes. I think Texas A & M takes this game straight up.

Villanova -4, 1.1 units to win 1 unit. Jay Wright appears to have finally figured out how to get his team to play up to its capability in the tourney, and I think Nova is simply a better team than Miami.

Comment

Tourneys: 3-3, -0.35 units.

For tonight, taking:

Indiana vs N. Carolina UNDER 158, 1.1 units to win 1 unit. Indiana is underrated defensively and looking at results over the past 20 or so games for each team, very few games have exceeded this total.

May add more later.

Comment

Tourneys: 3-4, -1.45 units.

Taking:
          Syracuse +8. This seems like a low-scoring, slug-fest of a game that is going to come down to the last couple of minutes. The Orange are playing their best ball of the season right now and will be much tougher defensively than Iowa State was the other night. I think Virginia takes the game but I really like getting 8 pts. on Cuse.

North Carolina -9.5. I think Indiana and Notre Dame are about equal quality teams, and we see what happened Friday night... North Carolina has been rolling through this tournament and I don't expect that to stop against a Notre Dame team that quite frankly has relied a lot on luck to get to this point.

GL to all.

Comment

Working...
          X