• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hoops Wed 3/7

Uconn +4

2 units

GL STiff

Comment

BOL to ya Stiffie....and if ya hurry you can beat Quick Nick to posting Dayton and Eastern Michigan right now...LOL...:beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Actually I was waiting for Nick to post so I could tail him :nuts:

Bowling Green +7.5 (-105)
        SMU +4.5

2 units each

Comment

GL Stiffy, on SMU with ya.

Comment

gl stif
            CFB

O/U 1-2

Comment

GL Stif
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Would a dog please stand up??

Providence +3.5 (-105)
                Marshall +5 (-105)

2 units each

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                  Would a dog please stand up??
                  Ha, Vegas must be getting hammered so far today. It's easy to say now I guess, but most of those lines this afternoon were brutal. I didn't look at public percentages at all today, but I thought Nova should have been -5.5/6, Syracuse -4.5/5, Southern Miss -6/6.5, Dayton -2.5/3, etc etc... They all still would have covered but would have made people think twice at least. But like I said, I didn't look at public percentages (though knowing how you play, and going off you you picked, I think I have the answer to my questions).

Good luck tonight, Stiff! :thumbs:

Comment

Nova closed at 62%. It was much higher before the line shot from -4 to -5

Dayton 71%
                    Syracuse 76%
                    Ohio 83%
                    Southern Miss 91%

The only game the public was strongly on and lost was Fordham at 81%

All of the other games were in the 50/50 range.

Interestingly, all of them (except UNC Charlotte vs Dayton) had a decent chance for the dog to cover. It just didn't happen.

If Depaul wouldn't have started intentionally fouling one of the best free throw shooting teams in the country with nearly 2 mins to go, and only down about 6....and played some defense instead, they might have gotten a stop and could have changed things completely for example....but for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to just give Nova 2 free points, and then counter it with 2 of their own. They didn't even try any 3's. Good thinking, lol

I played the earlier games because I actually liked them to cover, and same goes for Providence. Most of the card is lopsided tonight....and I'll probably play on every dog that is taking no action until I come up with a few winners, lol. I started with Marshall at 16% of the action, yet no line move...and next up would be Northern Illinois at 21% action, and a 1/2 pt move in their favor and Temple with 19% and a 1/2 pt move in St Joes favor.

St Johns/Marquette is also really lopsided, but I actually like St Johns in that one, and I like it more with the public pounding Marquette. Both teams have a key injury, so I don't attribute the line move to that.

Anyway, yes, the public is on fire in NCAA hoops today, LOL. It happens.

Comment

St Johns is generally a live dog at home, but with Hamilton out it's gonna be even tougher for them to score. I assume the public is pounding them hard(er) because of the Hamilton injury.

Comment

Temple +3
                        Oregon St +5
                        St Johns +7

2 units each

I decided to scrap my theory of playing on every mega anti-public dog. I did it with Marshall, and so far so good, but just playing on a bunch of games I don't know anything about doesn't sound like a good idea to me, lol.

Comment

GL Stif. And I'm not sure if you saw my thread but I'm not positive I'll be able to post during the first few days of the NCAA tourney so I'm politely bowing out of the Predictem Madness tourney. I would love to play, but I can't make a firm commitment so I'd like to give my spot to someone who can definitely make it.

Comment

OK, actually I closed the thread after 65 sign ups because we all (mods) decided it would be the best, and easiest thing to do. Yomonte wants to play too....so that makes 66. After I closed the thread, I was still considering what I was going to do as far as getting everyone in, so I hadn't posted in there or paid much attention to it the last few days till I came up with a good idea.

I'll take you out though and put one of those guys in, so that leaves only one excess sign up. Would have definitely liked to see you play, but if you can't it's cool....and actually makes life one step easier for me, lol

Comment

Oh by the way, thanks for letting me know. I didn't see the post in your thread. Normally I read alot of the threads (at least from the guys i recognize, lol) but really didn't have much of a chance the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X