Nigel's A10 Quarterfinals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's A10 Quarterfinals

YTD: 3-4 -- Just got greedy and stupid with the Fordham pick yesterday. Was riding high after the Dayton comeback and just went for it....:bang:

Xavier -9.5 v. Dayton -- My initial feeling was that this was too many points. X has beaten Dayton twice this year...so this would be that "its hard to beat a team 3 times" game. My initial feeling was that X would pull away in the second half and win by 5-8 points. However, upon closer look...this is a bad position for Dayton. They had to bust their butts yesterday to come back from that 7 point half time deficit. They did so in fine fashion...but I also think it may hurt them today. X is fresh...Dayton's legs are bound to be tired. In addition, Dayton lost Marcus Johnson late yesterday with a high ankle sprain. UD will have 7 guys that can play today. 1 center, 3 forwards and 3 guards...that's it. With Xavier's aggressive style of play, UD could be in trouble. If UD gets anybody in foul trouble, they are in grave danger of a blowout. Roberts has struggled against X with Justin Cage sticking him...however, I wouldn't be surprised to see X put Burrell on Roberts and Cage on Charles Little. Burrell has been playing lights out defense since the beginning of February. X beat UD @ UD by 8 points and won by 16 @ Xavier. X's seniors want another A10 Tourney title before they go...they are extremely focused. In addition, I think X needs to win today to guarantee a spot in the big dance.

Dayton playing a game yesterday + no Monty Scott + no Marcus Johnson = Xavier DD win today.

GL guys! :thumbs:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

GL Nigel !

Comment

BOL on the day Nigel!
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Gl Nigel

Gl Nigel! Like that X play.
        From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Rock it A-10 commissioner!!!! :thumbs:

Comment

Nigel...have that one on my radar too....I keep looking at the line and I absolutely love X and think the money comes in on X and the line may drop .5 or so despite the injuries. UD definitely had to expend some energy yesterday when they found themselves in an early hole. Let's cash this thing....GL
            :beerbang:
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Just posted in S&B's thread I was waiting for your Xavier selection. I like the over in that game.

Good luck.

The Musketeers Have been my team since they beat G'Town 17 years ago to make the sweet 16. Sure hope they have a nice run in them this year also. Keep up the excellent A-10 homework. I didn't know about the injuries until now. That is why I love this place!!!

:beerbang:

Comment

Nigel -
                What do you think about URI today? Playing Fordham that played a hard fought game last night would seemingly be tired and with URI and the rest and preparation that it has, I can see URI by 10 in this one. Will Daniels will be the best player on the court and Jim Baron will be the best shooter on the floor.
                NCAA Basketball
                86-66-2... +77.3Units
                Parlay...0-0...

Comment

I'n with you here, thx for the write up. GL today
                  Come to daddy on an inside straight,
                  Well I got no chance of losin' this time

YTD

MLB 0-0
                  NCAA 5-3-1 (+2.4 units)
                  NBA 0-0
                  NHL 2-5 (-2.55 units)

Comment

GL A10 man. I was looking at that game also. Might have to ride it with ya:beerbang:
                    NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
                    NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

good luck, also take a look at the OU StL/Umass, too low i think.

sham

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

I agree with ya here Nigel.......I'm on it too

Let's cash it bro:beerbang:

Comment

GL Nigel
                          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

A Little Info People May Want To Know About UMass

Illness plagues Minutemen - Sports

It looks like nearly the entire UMass team has the flu. I realize these are 20 year olds who are in prime condition....but for anyone looking at this game, you may want to take this into consideration. Sounds like everybody on the team except two guys are battling it.

This forum is about info....I think this is some important info. I'm staying away from this game because of this. I would have tabbed UMass as the favorite to win the tourney before I heard this. 3 games in 3 days with nearly the entire team battling the flu....that could be tough.

GL!
                            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

GL Nigel I'm nervous about -10.5 pts in a tourney game but tailing you on the Xmen.

Ncaab 33-19 (+14u) NFL 3-1 (+1u) Nascar 1-3 (+17u)

Comment

Working...
                              X