Michigan -8 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan -8 ?

Damn Michigan is -8? Henne isn't going to play and I know ND is just as bad but 8 points seems like a lot....Michigan couldn't even score more than 7 in their last game and I don't think they have had an 8 point lead yet this year....No way I could I lay 8 points with Michigan right now, this would prolly be ND or a no play....Any thoughts?

I like Notre Dame but I can not bet this game, you have no idea what is going to happen... 8 points though in a game like this with to bad teams seems like a lot, but its going to be a no play for me. Did they take the line off cause Henne isnt playing or is it still on the books??

2007 CFB: 4-2 +3.17 units
    1. 9/3/2007 TEXAS TECH -9 @ SMU WIN bet (units) 2.64 win/loss (units) 1.72
    2. 9/3/2007 CLEMSON (SU) vs. Florida State WIN bet (units) 0.784 win/loss (units) 1.176
    3. 9/8/2007 OKAHOMA -10.5 vs. Miami (FL) WIN bet (units) 1.5 win/loss (units) 1.364
    4. 9/8/2007 NEBRASKA -8 @ Wake Forest LOSS bet (units) 1.5 win/loss (units) -1.5
    5. 9/8/2007 MISSOURI -6 @ Mississippi WIN bet (units) 1 win/loss (units) 0.909
    6. 9/8/2007 VIRGINIA TECH (SU) @ LSU LOSS bet (units) 0.5 win/loss (units) -0.5

Comment

mike hart guarenteed a win for the wolverines, doesnt mean anything but i thought that was funny

Comment

2 things. UM can't stop spread teams.....OSU, APP ST, ORE....all the same type of teams. ND isn't that type of team, so i do expect a better defensive performance. 2nd, you have 2 inexperienced QB's in this game. I look for vanilla game plans with lots of running which means lots of clock chewed up. i think this game sets up better as a total play, and i wouldn't touch a side. I am waiting to see the total and look at the Under in this one.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

First of all, I'm not an ND apologist but they lost to 2 Top 15 teams that both have Top 10 or better defenses in Tech & PSU.
          Michigan lost to a Div 1-AA team and an unranked team both at home. Given that, Michigan should be no more than a 3 point fav because that's the home field advantage in Ann Arbor -- but it has meant didley squat so far.:bang:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            2 things. UM can't stop spread teams.....OSU, APP ST, ORE....all the same type of teams. ND isn't that type of team, so i do expect a better defensive performance. 2nd, you have 2 inexperienced QB's in this game. I look for vanilla game plans with lots of running which means lots of clock chewed up. i think this game sets up better as a total play, and i wouldn't touch a side. I am waiting to see the total and look at the Under in this one.
            Flyers- You don't think "guru" Charlie Weiss spreads it out and throws the ball all over the lot since he knows Michigan can't stop it? Maybe bring in Demetrius Jones to spell Claussen at times and go spread formation with runn/pass options for Jones? I can't see Weiss just pounding RB's at Michigan, it's not his way. I think we will see plenty of 3 and 4 WR sets with them getting Allen. Grimes, and Carlson the ball as much as they can. I also think Jones will be used much like Dixon and Edwards were previously to spell the forsh at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              Flyers- You don't think "guru" Charlie Weiss spreads it out and throws the ball all over the lot since he knows Michigan can't stop it? Maybe bring in Demetrius Jones to spell Claussen at times and go spread formation with runn/pass options for Jones? I can't see Weiss just pounding RB's at Michigan, it's not his way. I think we will see plenty of 3 and 4 WR sets with them getting Allen. Grimes, and Carlson the ball as much as they can. I also think Jones will be used much like Dixon and Edwards were previously to spell the forsh at QB.
              cuse- it's one thing to spread someone out, its another to have the athletes to do something about it. And why weren't they doing that before if they had the horses to do so? I don't think they will play musical QB's. claussen is their guy for the future and they won't mess with is confidence by pulling him. ND doesn't have near the talent/speed that OSU, USC, APPST and ORE had ESPECIALLY at the QB position. That is what killed UM in 3 of those 4 games.
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                cuse- it's one thing to spread someone out, its another to have the athletes to do something about it. And why weren't they doing that before if they had the horses to do so? I don't think they will play musical QB's. claussen is their guy for the future and they won't mess with is confidence by pulling him. ND doesn't have near the talent/speed that OSU, USC, APPST and ORE had ESPECIALLY at the QB position. That is what killed UM in 3 of those 4 games.
                Didn't think I'd ever hear that...

Comment

Notre Dame's offense is a complete joke. They would have been shut out at Penn St last week if it wasnt for a defensive touchdown and a long punt return inside the 5 in which the offense couldnt get into the endzone anyway.

ND will be lucky to score 10 points next week and I can easilly see Michigan putting up over 20, probably 30 points.

Michigan wins this one big, ND will probably start 1-7 this year, if that.
                  NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                  NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                  NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                  NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

No offense to anyone who bet on, or is going to bet on Michigan this week....but I don't see how anyone could lay even -1 with them against ANYONE right now. I learned my lesson last week, laying the TD against Oregon, thinking Michigan just had a down game and would bounce back, and well, that far from happened.

I will probably take the points with Notre Dame, and might bet them on the ML too....seriously. Their 2 losses were pretty ugly, but at least they played 2 good teams, and one was on the road. I actually thought they played OK vs PSU for a while, but the fact that their offense couldn't stay on the field just killed em, as I think the defense wore down as the game went on. I also thought their freshman QB Claussen did a pretty decent job of doing what he was asked to do in that one. It could be a completely different story going from facing PSU and GT, to facing a defense that doesn't look like they could stop a good high school team right now. I believe Notre Dame will open it up just a bit more against what is obviously a far worse defense than that of GT or PSU, and the points will come.

Oregon LOOKED good on Saturday, but then again, are they that good, or did Michigan just make em look that way?

In any case, it would appear that Michigan is just a complete mess right now. Then subtract Henne and add an inexperienced QB into the mix, and I wouldn't be too surprised at all if they lose outright on Saturday.

At least Notre Dame looks like they have some sort of plan in mind to get where they want to go, even if it takes a few games to start heading in the right direction, and their defense has looked far better and more disciplined that Michigan's has. If the offense can even help a little by keeping the defense off the field, I honestly believe Notre Dame wins outright, maybe by double digits.
                    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 09-11-2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Stilfer, my man, I could not have said it any better. :beerbang:

:beerbang: Add to the mix that ND's D coord. Corwin Brown is a Michigan alum. Think he'll have his boys flying to the ball?

Comment

hmmmmmm i wonder if nd could beat appy state??? any takers?:nuts:

Comment

I think sharp money is all over ND in this game early. The line has dropped from 10 or 9.5 down to 7.5. I mainly agree with Stifs comments. Not sure if I will play this one, but agree with FF that under looks pretty good.
                          Go Boilers!
                          thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                          NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                          NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                          NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                          NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                          NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                          NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                          NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                          NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                          NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

I'm taking my Irish + dim pts but that is because as a God fearing Catholic I cant do anything else.

But I can honestly say IMO both teams are NOT good. Hopfully ND can get thier first offensive TD this game. ND needs this win ..it might be their only W this season ...just kidding ..not really, maybe. :bang:

GL
                            Roll Tide

Comment

Working...
                            X