Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU Horned Frogs at Air Force Falcons

TCU Horned Frogs at Air Force Falcons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game could likely be called "the clash of the rushing titans." The Horned Frogs dusted off Baylor 27-0 in the first game of the season at home. But does that really say much? Baylor lost the majority of their starters this year, including QB Shawn Bell(635 passing for 2582 yards) But when they showed up in Texas they were courteously dusted off 34-13.
    With the loss of QB Jeff Ballard(2394 yards passing and a 62% comp %) AAron Brown will be asked to pick up the slack. On 154 attempts he rushed for 801 yards and tallied another 455 yds receiving. This Frogs team has a good defense, although they surely did not show it against Texas, but they were in the game so to speak for a while. The defense ranked 4th against the rush and 5th in points allowed (12.8 p/g). Lead tackler s Marvin White is now gone, but the secondary is in pretty good hands.
    We have two teams here that like to run the ball, and throw to running backs coming out of the backfield. As I said TCU was 5th in points allowed and 4th against the rush. But AF was 3rd in total rushing offense. Thus the clash of the titans. I look for Air Force to get to the TCU quarterback. They did pretty good against a Utah team that gave them some trouble last year, which in my opinion shows some improvement. If TCU can come out of the gate quickly, the game is over. But somehow I don't think that will happen at Falcon Stadium. Texas was a gruelling game for the Frogs, and I don't think they are up to that kind of performance.
    I think the total of 42 or so is a bit inflated, but I would not mess with that this early in the season. TCU should win this game(perhaps in the final moments), but I look for the Air Force boys to keep it closer than the projected 8.

"Everybody plays the fool sometimes...there's no exception to the rule"(if you know what I mean)
    Online:

GL to ya Aviator! :beerbang:

Put all yer picks in one thread bro...then everybody will be able to keep track of ya!
    Last edited by joepa66; 09-13-2007, 02:06 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL ...I got AF and the pts too
      Roll Tide

Comment

I would like to do that(all in one thread)but hell man I'm not a psycic) did I spell that word right? There aren't enough hours from Sunday morning until the games starting on the following Saturday. I would if I could.

Comment

Working...
        X