Strong Plays (1-1)(-0.20 units)
    Regular Plays (0-4)(-4.40 units)

Overall (3-5)(+1.40 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (3-1)(+5.70 units)
    Strong Plays (1-3)(-4.60 units)
    Regular Plays (3-7)(-4.70 units)

Overall (7-11)(-3.60 units)

Not a great week by no means, but I did not lose either picking up 1.40 units. I can thank my two best bet winners for bailing me out of a poor week. My lowest rated, one unit regular plays sucked as I went 0-4. I already eliminated my opinion plays which were just for fun and sucked anyway. Feeling better after week two than I was after the opening week, that is for sure. It is a long season and you cannot get too low or too high.

Thursday Night

Maryland +16.5 vs West Virginia (strong play)………………Don’t get me wrong, West Virginia has a very good football team, but they are not the great team that people think they are. Something just does not feel right to me about this team as compared to last year. I think they are going to win a lot of games, but not blow people out like we were used to seeing. Everybody knows about this team this year, and everybody will be up for them. Maryland has a better defense than people realize, while their offense has played better than expected…even though against weak competition. If this were at Wvu, it might be a blowout, then again the line would probably by 24-27 too. West Virginia will get the win, but it will not be easy. I see a 10-14 point win by the Mountaineers with the game being much closer than the score indicates.

TCU/Air Force…….I am not touching this game. I can see it both ways. One bet is enough for tonight.

Back on Friday morning with the rest of my college plays for the entire weekend.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Friday

Troy +10.5 vs Oklahoma State (regular play)…………….At first glance this game appears to be a blowout, but as Lee Corso would say “Not so fast my friend.” Troy has been known to give some big name teams fits over the years. If you look at the mindset of both teams, Okie State might not take Troy too seriously while Troy will be sky high for this nationally televised game. In addition to that, Oklahoma State is one of those teams who can beat anybody on any given day, but they are also the kind of team that loses games where you just shake your head at. Part of the reason Troy’s record is not always that good is because they are not afraid to take on the big boys and usually play a very hard schedule. I am not calling for an outright win, but I would not be shocked either. Lets make it Okla St 34 Troy 27.

Saturday

UTEP +6 vs New Mexico State (best bet)……………Wrong team favored here! Both teams played New Mexico this year already. UTEP beat them, while New Mex St lost to them. UTEP followed that up with a loss at Texas Tech, in a game where they lost by 14 but led much of the first half. I really think if they can go to Tech and do what they did, that they will have no problem handling New Mexico State even at home. UTEP also seems to play very well vs them. I know they have beaten them at least the last three years. I do expect an outright victory here, but once again greed kills, so I am not going to play the moneyline. I would be very happy just if the six points is good and I collect on another best bet.

Iowa St +18 vs Iowa (best bet)………………You probably think I am crazy taking a horrible team like Iowa State who could not even beat a couple of teams like Kent St and N Iowa vs a powerful team from the Big10. Iowa only beat N Illinois by 13 and they pounded a pathetic Syracuse team last week. Anytime you have an instate rivalry, anything can happen. Iowa might just sleep walk through this game for a while until they realize it is not a cakewalk. I really don’t have any stats or trends to back this play, just a strong gut feeling that State comes to play after dropping their first two games at home to lesser competition. I also think the Big10 might just be a little over-rated too. They have some pretty good teams this year, but not a great team in my opinion. Iowa will win this game something like 35-24.

Boston College +6.5 vs Georgia Tech (strong play)………………I don’t know what it is, but I really like this BC team and their QB Matt Ryan. He does not have the greatest stats, but he is a competitor and seems to find ways to put points on the board. After Tech pounded Notre Dame in week one, I thought Tech is going to be pretty good this year, but after seeing Notre Dame it makes you wonder. This just smells like a game that is meant to be separated by less than a touchdown.

Notre Dame +8 vs Michigan (strong play)………….How can these two teams by 0-2 each? I think the big difference between these two teams is defense. Notre Dame has a decent defense, while Michigan has none. Michigan has played Appalachian State and lost in what was the shocker of the year and then they got totally dominated at home against Oregon. Notre Dame got pounded by Ga Tech and then lost at Penn State, nothing to be ashamed of. I think Notre Dame playing the better competition will help them in this one. Hard to imagine either one of these teams starting off 0-3, but one of them will. I don’t think you could trust either team laying more than a touchdown right now, so the Irish plus eight is very solid in my eyes. Sometimes it comes down to just some common sense when picking a game like this. I say Michigan gets their first win by three or four points.

Fresno State +17 vs Oregon (regular play)……………One saying I have heard in football is “you are never as good or as bad as your last game”. Oregon looked like National Champs taking apart Michigan at Ann Harbor last week. Oregon almost has to have a letdown after their big win last week. Fresno State made a nice comeback and almost won at Texas A&M last week losing in triple overtime I think. Fresno State is one of those teams who can score on anybody and to get 17 with an offense like that is almost too good to pass up. Oregon 38-27.

Michigan St -11.5 vs Pittsburgh (regular play)……………..Pitt really steps up in class after beating two nobodies to start the season. This is a typical Pitt team since Dave (loser) Wannstedt, beat the cupcakes early and then fall apart. Pitt might be 2-0 and won both games handily, but I am not impressed. This game will be won in the trenches and Michigan State is much bigger, stronger and faster than what they have seen this year. This game might, notice I said might, be close in the first half, but coach Wanny is one of the worst half time coaches that I have ever seen. State will tire them out and win going away. Michigan St 37 Dave Wannstedt 17.

I think I am going to stop with these plays. There are a few more that I like that I used to list as opinions, but they were horrible. My goal is to just get back on the plus side after Saturday and I feel pretty good about it.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Working...
    X