Fist post of year 9/20-9/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fist post of year 9/20-9/22

9/20 - I've been looking at this Miami game and boy are both of these teams sketchy. The silver lining I see for miami is that in their blowout against OU, they still managed to hold the sooners to 2.6 yards per carry. I think mcgee is a pretty weak passer and the aggies will be forced to run the ball with him (on the option) and fat bastard jorvorskie lane consistently to establish themselves on the road. This should play into miami's hands, but I have very little confidence in their passing game or offense in general. Having said this, A&M allowed over 200 yards rushing and almost 5 ypc against LA Monroe! On a short week, playing at the U on a thursday night on national tv is no easy task. Having said all of this, Kyle Wright absolutely sucks IMO (I can't BELIEVE Miami can't recruit anybody better than him) so I'm looking for tons of rush attempts and my play is:

Under 46.5 - 1 unit

9/21 - Haven't seen an Over/Under yet in this one, but if it's anywhere around 60 I'm hammering the over. OU is a well oiled machine that has been laying teams to waste and racking up points of late. Tulsa's D looked a little suspect against BYU, which could translate to major points for OU. To me, BYU proved that this Tulsa defense can be scorched through the air, and handled on the ground. If Tulsa can put some points at home under Friday night lights, I think OU can probably cover the rest. I'm looking for OU to make the statement to voters that USC, LSU, and Florida aren't the only legitimate national title contenders, and this is a tremendous spot to do it in. Not a big fan of the side as it has moved past 3 tuddies and Tulsa beat BYU, but I will probably be playing the over whenever I see it.

Will post how many units when I see this line and other plays for saturday later.
    Comments would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by Texas hook 'em; 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM.

coming out of high school kyle wright was the only 5 star qb in the nation, ranked ahead of leak, jemarcus russell, andre woodson, sam keller, brady quinn, drew tate and matt flynn.

regarding your plays, it seems like until someone can stop ou you have to play ou and the over. im thinking tulsa should put up some points at home. not sure what the play is on a&m and miami. miami o stinks but so does a&m def. a&m is one dimensional and miami def should be up to the test. me likes miami with a shade to the under.

Comment

yeah, I'm aware of his highschool ranking, but he's done nothing in college.

Comment

FYI- OU went under the total last weekend (64). I heard this week the o/u forOU/Tulsa opened at 72 and got bet down to 68.5. I think the score to this game will be somewhere around 52-17, if Tulsa scores that much. OU is on a roll and this will be just like a home game. :beerbang:

Comment

then why did u say u couldnt believe they couldnt recruit someone better than him?

Comment

I said "can't" recruit not "couldn't". I didn't mean a recruit ranked higher than he was in high school, only meant that I can't believe the U these days can't get anyone who can perform better in college than Kyle Wright has. I know part of it is just the whole miami downswing, but he has been pretty crappy.

Comment

GL to ya Hook'em! :beerbang:
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Hookem,

Being a Sooner fan and all, I must point out that the OU running game actually averaged 4.2 yards / carry if you take away a punt snapped over the punters head for a loss of 47 yards which counted against rushing stats. Don't let the 2.6 / carry fool you b/c OU rushed at will on Miami and the B teamers were playing alot of the 4th quarter. Miami does have a good rushing D, but this is not the same Miami D we have grown accustomed to watching dominate the ground game.

Comment

did not know that, thanks sooner. Adding A&M ML +110 half a unit

Comment

Sorry hook em' wasn't trying to sway your bet, i put a small wager on Miami to make it worth watching, I was just trying to give some info that someone might not know had they not saw the play.

Comment

Good Luck from a fellow newbie !!!!!:toast:

Comment

Working...
                      X