Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's "maybe you should fade me" Week 4 Picks

Coming off one of my worst weeks in recent years, going 1-3-1 ATS. :puke:

Even the 3-team 10pt teaser I play every week for fun got the shaft, as I pushed one of the games and per my book's rule, it counts as a loss.

Anyway, here goes for week four. Fade away if you wish!

Troy -10.5 at UL-Lafayette (2 units)

The Trojans are coming off a nice 41-23 win over Oklahoma State last week. They are led by a pretty nice veteran QB in Omar Haugabrook who has thrown for 868 yards in three games including a 371-yard performance last week. The Trojans are 1-2 but look closer, their two losses were on the road at Arkansas and at Florida, two ranked SEC opponents. They put up a fight in both contests, scoring 26 and 31 points. UL-Lafayette should look like a pee-wee squad to Troy, who has played three big boys.

Meanwhile, UL-Lafayette has given nothing to be optimistic about, losing three straight to mediocre, if not horrible, opponents. They did OK to open the season at South Carolina, but have since lost at home to Ohio and at home last week to I-AA McNeese State by 21. Their passing game sucks, so they can't fall behind early. QB Michael Desormeaux is averaging around 160ypg and is coming off a 4-INT game against McNeese St.

Troy won last year 42-28.

Prediction: Troy 38 UL-Lafayette 24

Idaho -3 vs. Northern Illinois (2 units)

Really more of a play against NIU than a play on Idaho. Right now NIU couldn't fight themselves out of a wet paper bag. They lost to an Iowa team that looks worse than they appeared three weeks ago, got beat by I-AA Southern Illinois, then lost last week to inept Eastern Michigan.

Idaho should have the best player on the field in RB Deonte Jackson, who has 426 rushing yards already this year. The true freshman has been a workhorse and has games of 99, 213 and 113 yards, getting 20 or more carries each game. He should help control the pace for the Vandals.

Going across the country following consecutive losses to a I-AA team and one of the worst in I-A (EMU) isn't probably what they want NIU is looking forward to. Idaho has at least faced some real opponents (USC, Washington St.) so they are tested. That and the fact they are at home are enough for me.

Prediction: Idaho 27 Northern Illinois 20

Wisconsin -7.5 vs. Iowa (2 units)

Iowa's 2-1 record looks alot better than how the team really is playing. They beat a piss-poor Northern Illinois team (see above) 16-3 and then last week got beat by 1-2 Iowa State team that was coming off a double digit loss to I-AA Northern Iowa. Their only win was a home victory over a bad Syracuse team.

Wisconsin surely hasn't been playing as well as their record indicates, but at least they are finding a way to get the job done. P.J. Hill has been a beast and QB Tyler Donovan, while not putting up big numbers, has controlled the game well and limited mistakes (6 TDs, 0 INTs). The offense is averaging a healthy 423 yds per game, almost 100 more than Iowa's 341.

I think Wisconsin's ugly win over I-AA Citadel last week has alot to do with this line being where its at. Iowa has not played well on the road yet this year and Wisconsin will have a big homefield advantage on the first weekend of Big 10 play. With a Big Ten title in the minds of most fans and players, they won't falter here at home.

Prediction: Wisconsin 31 Iowa 21

3-team, 10pt teaser (1.5 units)

Georgia Tech +7.5 at Virginia (UVA sucks on offense and GT has a very good D)
    Colorado -4 vs. Miami (Ohio) (Miami looked like 100% **** last week; now have to travel across the country)
    New Mexico State +27 at Auburn (Auburn struggling to score points; NMSU can put up lots of them)

I will add one more later this week. Just trying to figure out which one I like best. GL All!
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

GL bro, I like Wisky as well. Then again, I've been terrible this year.
    NCAA YTD 0-1-0 -1.1 unit

Comment

Love the Wisky and Vandals too Tightend! Took I Da Ho for the same reasons....just going against NIU!

GL the week! :beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL MP!Looks solid!!:beerbang:

Comment

GL MP. Lets get back on the winning team this weekend
          :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

Love the teaser !! GL
            Roll Tide

Comment

GL! Like the Potatoes too & Wisky.
              Hey, Blue & Gold Illustrated did a real nice piece on Robby last week. Hope he can catch a few of Clausen's passes in the end zone this week!:beerbang:

Comment

GL MParris
                NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
                  GL! Like the Potatoes too & Wisky.
                  Hey, Blue & Gold Illustrated did a real nice piece on Robby last week. Hope he can catch a few of Clausen's passes in the end zone this week!:beerbang:
                  I hope so. God they just need to break the ice and hopefully finding the endzone will help these youngsters settle down. :cross:
                  2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
                  2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

GL MP! Been looking at the Wisc play
                    NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
                    NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

gl this week MP
                        To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                        2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Working...
                        X