Strong Plays (1-2)(-2.40 units)
    Regular Plays (1-2)(-1.20 units)

Overall (4-4)(+2.40 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (5-1)(+11.70 units)
    Strong Plays (2-5)(-7.00 units)
    Regular Plays (4-9)(-5.90 units)

Overall (11-15)(-1.20 units)

I guess I should be happy as I got my deficit down to 1.20 units. My best bets are doing great, but my plays are definitely getting weaker as they go down the list, but I guess that is to be expected. I course I would love to win them all, but my best bets are making up for my other picks. Wish I could say the same for my NFL, but college has always been my strength, not the nfl. My goal is to be on the plus side after this weekends games. Going to post all my plays from Thursday on in this post.

Thursday Night

Miami-Florida -2.5 vs Texas A&M (regular play)……………..For starters, we have an unranked giving a ranked team points, so that there points me in the direction of the Hurricanes. Games are won with defense, and this is not the traditional strop unit we are used to seeing with the Aggies. Miami has the better defense, they are at home and I think that will be enough to get them past Texas A&M in this one.

Friday Night

Tulsa +23.5 vs Oklahoma (regular play)……………..Last Friday night, we had home underdog Troy win outright vs Oklahoma State. I don’t expect an outright win at all, but 23.5 is too many points to give this decent Tulsa club at home on national tv. Like last week with Troy, I look for Tulsa to be way more excited about playing this game than the sooners are. Tulsa did a number on BYU last week, so I think they can stay within this generous point spread here. My only concern is this is the most explosive offense we have seen from the sooners in a while and they are capable of putting up 60 points in this one. This is Oklahoma’s first road game as well. This game should be closer than expected in my eyes.

Saturday’s Games

Air Force +11 vs BYU (best bet)…………..I am shocked this line has climbed up to 11. I am glad I waited as it was 9.5 last time I looked. This is another typical BYU team who will play in many shootouts this year, leading to many 48-40 types of wins and losses. Air Force playing with a ton of confidence right now starting out 3-0 and winning two conference games already. I think they will get their first loss in this one, but I am not going to pass up a confident, 3-0 team vs a defense like BYU’s. This reminds me of one of those seesaw games with Byu leading one moment and then Air Force another…just keeps going back and forth. Air Force has the better defense as well in this one. I was almost going to jump on BYU because Air Force looks too easy, but I like the fact the money is coming in on BYU.

Connecticut +9.5 vs Pittsburgh (best bet)…………….Don’t let last weeks cover vs Michigan State fool you, the Pitt team will struggle this year under coach Wanny like they always do. Connecticut is 3-0 but has not played anybody and Pitt’s two wins came against nobodies as well and they lost to their only decent team they faced. Pitt could of and should of, been blown out last week. Mich State stopped themselves. Connecticut always seems to give Pitt headaches as well for reason. Pitt is the better team, but the better team does not always win….or at least cover. I am a Pitt fan and you will see me go against this Wannstedt led team more than I am on them. The only thing coach Dave is good for is making an offense play way under it potential. Pitt by 4.…..with a chance of them losing outright here.

Alabama -3.5 vs Georgia (strong play)……………….I am a Miami Dolphins fan as well. After Dave Wannstedt ruined the fish, he turned it over to Nick Saben, who abandoned the team once he realized he made a huge mistake and should of stayed at the college level where he belongs. That brings me to my Bama pick. Bama showed a lot with the come from behind win vs Arkansas. I think Saben has this tide team believing they can win again and I think they can. I have never been a big Georgia fan either. They seem like they should always have a great team, and they always lose some games they should not. It is very hard to go against them “between the hedges”, but once they go outside those hedges, they can be had. My gut tells me Bama makes a statement in this one and win much easier than expected.

Penn State -3 vs Michigan (strong play)……………Many people think Michigan is back after dismantling Notre Dame last week. How did Michigan go from there is something horribly wrong, to a top notch team again? I think last week just showed how really bad Notre Dame is this year. Michigan has owned Penn State, especially at the Big House. Penn State has been slightly down for a few year and are finally getting back into the elite teams in the nation. This is the year they will finally beat Michigan. Penn State has better offense, better defense…better players. The only thing favoring Michigan is history and home field. It won’t be enough Saturday as PSU finally beats Michigan 27-17.

Baylor -3.5 vs Buffalo (regular play)…………….Too much being made of last weeks results. Buffalo gave Penn State more than they expected, but I am sure PSU slept walked through that game with Michigan on deck. Buffalo, although improving is still one of the worst teams in the country, they are always in the bottom ten. Baylor is usually in the bottom too, but only of their conference, which is a pretty good conference by the way. Baylor has no defense, but will they really need it. They have a great offense and will score at least 40 in this game and I don’t see Buffalo keeping up with them at all. Baylor 45-27.

Indiana +2.5 vs Illinois (regular play)……………Another line I don’t understand. Illinois is always a bust, end of story. People make fun of them and their coach. This is one of Indiana’s best teams in years and they are the better team here. So I will take the better team at home, getting points.

Feel pretty good about these games. My best bets are off to a 5-1 start and I will be shocked if both of mine would lose this week. Nothing worse than a split worth a great chance of 2-0. I should also be on the plus side after this weekend is over in college football after a bad first week put me in the hole.

Good Luck Everybody!!

GL Mark....you've got some strong plays IMHO....Bama, UConn, AF, Indy....and hope my Lions roar for ya in the Big House! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL Mark... think I will tail your best, so GL to me too!

JC
      Go Bucks!

Comment

GL on your plays:beerbang:
        Me thinks this is Penn State's year to take the Big 10!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
          GL on your plays:beerbang:
          Me thinks this is Penn State's year to take the Big 10!
          It was supposed to be Michigan's year. Now it has come down to tOSU and Penn State. I am holding out hope for tOSU to go unbeaten and return to the NC game.

JC
          Go Bucks!

Comment

GL Mark
            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Working...
            X