Az @ Cal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Az @ Cal

Can anyone explian this line to me? I have capped this game and see someting like 31-10 CAL but the line is at 13 1/2 and none of the cappers that I really respect here ( you know who they or you are) are pushing CAL.

Just really needed some Pac-10 expertise here before I make a big mistake.

Thanks,

Rawhide
    Ya gotta look out for #1 or your gonna step in #2
    -Rodney Dangerfield

I'll get into this more later, but basically the Arizona defense has looked like complete ****, and the offense is mediocre. I was at CAL - UT and Cal's D did not impress me. Arizona should be able to put up some points, but I think CAL will run circles around us.

I dont understand the line movement, as I saw it at 16.5 earlier this week.

But the main reason why I think CAL blows us out is that Arizona beat an Undefeated (ranked 7, i believe) CAL squad last year. They look strong, and have revenge on their minds.

I haven't capped it yet, but something like 49-21 CAL is what I'm expecting
    its my way or the lame way.

2016 NFL:
    straight up 14-7-1 (+10.9u)
    parlays 0-1 (-1u)
    total: +9.9u

Comment

Originally posted by GMoney View Post
      I'll get into this more later, but basically the Arizona defense has looked like complete ****, and the offense is mediocre. I was at CAL - UT and Cal's D did not impress me. Arizona should be able to put up some points, but I think CAL will run circles around us.

I dont understand the line movement, as I saw it at 16.5 earlier this week.

But the main reason why I think CAL blows us out is that Arizona beat an Undefeated (ranked 7, i believe) CAL squad last year. They look strong, and have revenge on their minds.

I haven't capped it yet, but something like 49-21 CAL is what I'm expecting
      Not too get too picky but I'm a Cal fan, they lost to Tenn opening day last year, when Arizona beat them they were undefeated in the conference, not overall.

Anyway, I also like Cal here even though it will be a shootout. I think this is Desean Jackson's big receiving week. So far he has just excelled in returns and reverses, but I think he catchs eight balls for a buck and a half here.

Comment

I must say I looked at that line move as well..I looked at a few things and this is what i see ..Last year Cal came into that game asleep and paid for it so there will be no sneaking up on them I don't know if there will be a huge revenge factor but they will be prepared this time. Az defensively not so hot gave up 421 total yards to New Mexico and have a points against aver. of 24.3. AZ offensivly is passing well and Cal has a few defensive injuries which could lead some to see a shootout but.........AZ is ranked 101 in the country in rushing (ouch) a one dimentional team is much easier to defend and I think Cal will be sitting back for this passing attack. We know what Cal can do on offense and special teams and with home field..Prior to last year the last 2 meetings between these 2 teams Cal 66- az 0..

Cal-13.5 :cheers:

Comment

Cal

Should blow out AZ

SHOULD !!!
          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by msl90 View Post
            Not too get too picky but I'm a Cal fan, they lost to Tenn opening day last year, when Arizona beat them they were undefeated in the conference, not overall.

Anyway, I also like Cal here even though it will be a shootout. I think this is Desean Jackson's big receiving week. So far he has just excelled in returns and reverses, but I think he catchs eight balls for a buck and a half here.
            You're absolutely correct. Sorry for the error.

However I dont think DeSean has a big receiving week for 2 reasons. First his injury has to be worse than they're saying. "Sprained Thumb" and he's wearing a cast at every practice. I dunno about that. He dropped alot of passes thus far and without the ability to practice 100% a QB and WR timing is goign to be off come game time. Second, Arizona's Antoine Cason will be locked up on him this week. Cason is close to the athlete DJax is and regarded as one of the best CB's in the nation. It's definitely the toughest one-on-one matchup he'll face all year.

That said, Cal has plenty of playmakers, and DJax can do damage elsewhere as deomonstrated. Im more worried about guys like Hawkins and Best. By the way, anyone not familiar with Jahvid Best needs to learn this kids name...He, Noel Devine (WVU) and Joe McKnight (USC) are phenomenal freshman athletes.

2016 NFL:
            parlays 0-1 (-1u)

Comment

Originally posted by morty48 View Post
              I must say I looked at that line move as well..I looked at a few things and this is what i see ..Last year Cal came into that game asleep and paid for it so there will be no sneaking up on them I don't know if there will be a huge revenge factor but they will be prepared this time. Az defensively not so hot gave up 421 total yards to New Mexico and have a points against aver. of 24.3. AZ offensivly is passing well and Cal has a few defensive injuries which could lead some to see a shootout but.........AZ is ranked 101 in the country in rushing (ouch) a one dimentional team is much easier to defend and I think Cal will be sitting back for this passing attack. We know what Cal can do on offense and special teams and with home field..Prior to last year the last 2 meetings between these 2 teams Cal 66- az 0..

Cal-13.5 :cheers:
              This year formar Texas Tech O-cordinator Sunny Dykes tookever the Arizona offense and has installed a west coast version of the spread offense. They dont really run...Lots of 4/5 WR sets and quick passes, take what the D gives you sort of thing. QB Tuitama had 3 concussions last year and he hasn't looked the same this year.

Cal was UA's homecoming last year. In '05 we knocked off an undefeated top-10 UCLA team, and last year it was Cal. Two far supperior teams. Cal did not come into that game asleep and Arizona did not sneak up on them, as Cal led most of that game. Arizona on homecoming weekend has become a tough opponent, which sucks because they should be able to play to that ability every week!

I do think CAL -13.5 is definitely the right play. The line movement and where it sits freaks me out however. One of those too obvious plays. Not sure what the O/U is but I see anywhere from 50 - 70 points being scored. I anticipate the O/U to be around 55.

2016 NFL:
              parlays 0-1 (-1u)

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! Im still a little leary as everyone seems to see a blow out

still gonna take my chances on the navy and gold!!:beer2:
                Ya gotta look out for #1 or your gonna step in #2
                -Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

You're absolutely correct. Sorry for the error.

However I dont think DeSean has a big receiving week for 2 reasons. First his injury has to be worse than they're saying. "Sprained Thumb" and he's wearing a cast at every practice. I dunno about that. He dropped alot of passes thus far and without the ability to practice 100% a QB and WR timing is goign to be off come game time. Second, Arizona's Antoine Cason will be locked up on him this week. Cason is close to the athlete DJax is and regarded as one of the best CB's in the nation. It's definitely the toughest one-on-one matchup he'll face all year.

That said, Cal has plenty of playmakers, and DJax can do damage elsewhere as deomonstrated. Im more worried about guys like Hawkins and Best. By the way, anyone not familiar with Jahvid Best needs to learn this kids name...He, Noel Devine (WVU) and Joe McKnight (USC) are phenomenal freshman athletes.
                  That is all true, good analysis. You do make great points, but ARZ gave up 327 passing yards to New Mexico last week. The Longshore to Jackson/Hawkins/Morrow/Jordan/etc along with the speed of Forsett and Best should be too much to handle. Also, last year Jackson had 131 receiving yards with a score (along with that great punt return TD). I do respect Cason and realize he is great, but the fact is, there aren't many people in all of college football who can stick with Jackson or bring him down in the open field.

Comment

Second, Arizona's Antoine Cason will be locked up on him this week. Cason is close to the athlete DJax is and regarded as one of the best CB's in the nation. It's definitely the toughest one-on-one matchup he'll face all year.
                    Interesting you say that because Todd McShay just ripped Antoine Cason apart saying that he, in fact, is not that athletic and will have trouble turning his hips and being in correct position to defend DeShean Jackson. He basically said that if Cason presses him, that he has no shot because of Jackson's speed and quickness (and they showed Cason getting beaten by BYU's WR's) and he said that if he backs off him that he needs to tackle flawlessly because tackling Jackson in space is probably the toughest thing to do in the NCAA right now.

Essentailly, he said Jackson will light Cason up if they get him the ball and that even though Cason is a projected 1st round pick and one of the Top 3 CB's in the nation, that this is an athletic mismatch nonetheless.

Thoughts GMoney?

Comment

And for the record, I know ESPN blows donkey balls but I like McShay and feel he has yet to be taken over by the "ESPN Haze" that seemingly turns everyone who works there into a fool. I blame it all on Stuart Scott personally.... ha.

Comment

Originally posted by rawhide View Post
                        none of the cappers that I really respect here ( you know who they or you are) are pushing CAL.
                        Koofter?

Mr Pink?

CaymanIslands?

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          Interesting you say that because Todd McShay just ripped Antoine Cason apart saying that he, in fact, is not that athletic and will have trouble turning his hips and being in correct position to defend DeShean Jackson. He basically said that if Cason presses him, that he has no shot because of Jackson's speed and quickness (and they showed Cason getting beaten by BYU's WR's) and he said that if he backs off him that he needs to tackle flawlessly because tackling Jackson in space is probably the toughest thing to do in the NCAA right now.

Essentailly, he said Jackson will light Cason up if they get him the ball and that even though Cason is a projected 1st round pick and one of the Top 3 CB's in the nation, that this is an athletic mismatch nonetheless.

Thoughts GMoney?
                          Cuse, Arizona has absolutely wharped my fragile little mind this year. I dont understand them, with two prime examples being Tuitama and Cason. Our two best athletes have looked like garbage. Tuitama's 5TD game vs DII N. Arizona doesn't count for ****. McShay may be right, as msl90 pointed out DJax had 131 yards on Cason last year. However Cason did return a pick for 6 pints last year vs. Cal as well. I'm not into breaking down hip turns and leg pivots...DJax is tough to cover, period. I just think Cason is a very good CB.

Cason can be good. He has been good. But like everything else Arizona he has been disappointing and inconsistent. The last 2-3 years Arizona has pulled out unexpected victorys (usually at home). Can't see it happening Saturday in Berkeley.

2016 NFL:
                          parlays 0-1 (-1u)

Comment

I'm not into breaking down hip turns and leg pivots....
                            How's my hip action? Hahaha, I'm not either, just relaying McShay's thoughts, and as I said, I respect his opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X