First team posting plays this season, Week 5 card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First team posting plays this season, Week 5 card

Normally I wait to see if I know what I'm doing before I throw out my picks, because I don't want people taking my opinion if I'm misleading them comfortable. I'm typically a Pac-10 guy, and I am straight torn on the Oregon/Cal game, probably a no play.

USC -21 Washington

USC has had trouble in the past with running QBs (VY in the rose bowl, Cowan against UCLA).....USC doesn't "spy" quarterbacks, Pete doesn't believe in it. Typically waht you see is 1 LB blitz, the othe 2 get taken deep by a TE and a RB and then there is this huge gap in the field that Locker gets to pretend like he is going to throw until the last second and has a good chunk of yardage. I've seen it happen time and time again, and I can pretty much point to a time in every single game last year USC played in that it happen. They sometimes make immobile QBs look like mobile ones due to their deficiencies. I'm just say that as a word of caution.

That said, Locker has had a halo effect on this washington team. Since he is such a phenom and a big turnaround for the huskies, people believe everything has turned around for the Huskies. I saw soem pretty pathetic tackling last week against some average UCLA running backs, something USC will definately take advantage of. Look for 2 long TD runs by the trojans, looking at the Nebraska/Wash ST. games USC had a TON of runs that got into the secondary. Thats the goal of hte RBs every time, to get into the secondary. Conveniently, thats washington's weakest tackling point, I saw them completely whiff trying to make open field tackles. UW receivers have stone hands and Locker has the typical strong freshamn problem of zipping the ball way too much, a bad combo. Add to that Locker will even zip it MORE than usual once USC pressures him.

All of this put together, Rankin will probably have less than 30 yards rushing and they ditch the rush attack quickly once it averages about 0.1 YPC against what I think for USC is hte best rush defense in the country. Locker does not have the experience to exploit the vulnerabilities in USC's soft 1st half coverage. The only offense he will garner is with his legs, and that IS something to consider. I'll take the 21 on the road with the Trojans, this team is not as good as their potential yet and they get better every single week.

Alabama +2.5 FSU

I just don't like Florida State at all, that team is a mess. I like the balanced attack of Alabama to win a close one, but with the game never really in doubt. Drew or Lee, whoever starts for FSU will be a mess. Alabama's defense while not the best in the world, is more than enough to stall the pathetic FSU offense.

Clemson -3 Georgia Tech

Tashaard 100% or not, I grew to like this play a lot. Choice did nothing against Clemson last year, and this year I see no passing threat, Bennett has not shown the ability to pass over anybody, and Clemson has a decent defense all around. Last year again Spiller/Davis ran wild and I don't see much differences.

Ole miss +15 Georgia

Georgia is definately not what you would consider an offensive juggernaut. They just aren't putting up a lot of points. Green-Ellis is enough to keep Ole Miss in this game, and I think they are coming around a bit.

Houston -10 East carolina

Not extremely versed in these two teams but I think these two teams are going in different directions. Some respected cappers are all unanimous in this play, so I plan on taking it to the bank

South Florida Moneyline

Not likely a big (or even 1 unit) play, just something that I think has a good enough chance to cash, and will definately keep me intersted in the game. I don't think the +7 will be needed enough times to forego the payout of the ML. Hopefully a home crowd can will the bulls to victory.

edit - Removed Stanf/Ariz St. and Cinci/SDSU because I lost confidence in those two games. The rest of the plays have been placed.

Edit by Queen

Your record here is 0-0 yes it is a big deal. Posted plays only count here. Sorry just the rules
    Last edited by Queen; 09-25-2007, 10:05 PM.

am leaning the same way with quite a few of these plays. GL this weekend

Since you're a pac-10 guy what's your take on Washington State this weekend, they look like a live dog in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
      am leaning the same way with quite a few of these plays. GL this weekend

Since you're a pac-10 guy what's your take on Washington State this weekend, they look like a live dog in this one.
      Very much so and they were an early lean of mine. Very good offense, and I am a believer in Alex Brink but their pass defense definately is lacking. I was at the USC/WSU game and also attended a session where Pete Carroll broke down film on the game so I'm pretty comfortable with WSU. I think they are a good enough team, but I really have seen 0 on Arizona so its hard to comment. I was not excited about Arizona preseason because tehy had the usual hype with the new spread attack, a renewed willie tuitama, and one of the pac-10's best defense. A near shutout by BYU, and a loss to New Mexico made me see it was the same old Arizona again. I've had different reports of the Cal game. Some people say Arizona could hang for awhile and was picking apart Cal's secondary decently. Others tell me that Cal jumped to a huge lead and just played soft the rest of teh game, allowing a few easy scores and jsut running the clock down. I don't know where I'm looking at this game and I am going to research why New Mexico beat Arizona, waht they have, I also want to get some tape of the Cal game if I can. Its WSU or no play for me, can't play Arizona at all this year so far, they aren't that great of a team.

Comment

that's all fine and great, but your record here is 0-0. If you haven't posted 'em here, we don't care what the record is. GL this weekend.

Comment

i think he was just using his past non-posted record as reasoning to why he wants to start posting his plays and attempting to contribute to the board. A 21-16-2 record seems realistic to me and shows his credibility. Just start your record to 0-0-0 for this board for the rest of the season.

Also, GL Delta .. was leaning towards ClemPson and Bama myself.
          Last edited by ncsucharlie; 09-25-2007, 10:07 AM.
          2009 NCAA Football
          Record: 41-38-1
          +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
          Record: 11-14-0
          +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
          Record: 15-15-2
          +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
            that's all fine and great, but your record here is 0-0. If you haven't posted 'em here, we don't care what the record is. GL this weekend.
            Figured I'd get some posts like that. Its not a big deal, I have a spreadsheet of all my plays, I'll start from 0-0-0 next week I just wanted to give people a feel of where I am as a capper.

Comment

i understand, but its just the rules.

Comment

GL newbnit and welcome aboard

Considering Bama Cincy & USC
                Washington;s wonderkind QB found out what it was like to play a real defense when he faced Ohio St and now he faces one that's even better. Plus Carroll versus Ty is a coaching mismatch of epic proportions.:beerbang:

Comment

I ended up removing Cinci and Stanford as plays. I've been making 8-10 plays a week and doing alright but I notice a lot of fringe plays are losing. I am tightening up my card with more confident picks this week and checking out the results. BOL everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Delta00 View Post
                    Figured I'd get some posts like that. Its not a big deal, I have a spreadsheet of all my plays, I'll start from 0-0-0 next week I just wanted to give people a feel of where I am as a capper.
                    If you figured it then why post it like that. It is a big deal. I changed your post. Why because I can. You will start 0-0 this week here at Predictem. I dont care if you got a spread sheet on your picks. Post your picks like you did this week and then people will get a feel for what kind of capper you are.

All I did was change your post. I did not give you a warning or banned you. (No reason to) So dont give me no crap about it. We are glad to see you and and want you to stay. Earn your dues.

Thanks and GL with your plays

Queen
                    NFL 2-0. Week 1
                    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                        If you figured it then why post it like that. It is a big deal. I changed your post. Why because I can. You will start 0-0 this week here at Predictem. I dont care if you got a spread sheet on your picks. Post your picks like you did this week and then people will get a feel for what kind of capper you are.

All I did was change your post. I did not give you a warning or banned you. (No reason to) So dont give me no crap about it. We are glad to see you and and want you to stay. Earn your dues.

Thanks and GL with your plays

Queen
                        Whoa whats with the hostility? This isn't my first time to the site, I said its no big deal to be 0-0-0, I'll take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta00 View Post
                          Whoa whats with the hostility? This isn't my first time to the site, I said its no big deal to be 0-0-0, I'll take it from there.

No Hostility. It's just a fricken joke when you dont post and say you have a winning record. I cant believe you would write a response to me that this was not your first time to the site. Then you would have clearly know that posting a record that's not backed up by posts just dont fly around here.
                          NFL 2-0. Week 1
                          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

BOL this week Delta00.....:beerbang:
                            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Glad we got that one cleared up, and now to pad my new record I am adding:

Arkansas State -4 Memphis

Comment

Working...
                              X