week 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 5

didnt do much last week wwasnt really feeling the slate, dug up the record tho

ats= 8-11 -2.35 units
    teasers=2-1 +1.5 units

3 units

ARKANSAS STATE-4 vs memphis= memphis just got absolutely demolished by UCF and i dont think a quick turnaround road game will do anything to help them out here. i dont expect another huge blowout here as memphis should show some pride after getting embarrassed last week, but i dont think they are capable of playing a solid 60 minute game right now as they have serious issues. the defense just couldnt get off the field last week and the offense doesnt seem nearly explosive enough right now to compensate for weak defense. they have some players, RB doss should have more of an impact this week and the potential return of duke calhoun will help alot, but i dont expect a crisp performance from this offense. the kicking game looks pretty bleak right now for memphis as well. this is still a memphis team that is coming off a 2-10 season and now off an embarassing beat down they cant be a confident team at all. ark st on the other hand knows they can play with the big boys and they moved the ball pretty well on the vols, i think arnold will get some big yards here and leonard will find it much easier to throw on this memphis defense. this seems like a brutal spot for memphis as a short practice week i'm sure is not what the coaches had in mind coming off a beatdown like last week. to only have to lay a small number with the indians at home here is real solid value imo. the top tier sunbelt teams have had some solid home performances thus far but i really think arky st is undervalued here because they are a sun belt team. i also think it issomewhat justified that the line is low because it is a short week for both teams so it is tough to tell how prepared the teams will be, but i'm banking that this is a much tougher spot for memphis and the indians solid play vs tougher competition will carry over here.

also thinking about playing the oragngemen, i;m not under the square line of thinking here becuase they upset louisville, i want to fade miami ohio, their defense has lacked a pulse the past couple weeks, they made colorado offense look much better than it is IMO. only reason i didnt take colorado last week was becuase i had watched their offense look like crap prior to that game. the running game for mia o is in shambles as they will most likely have to rely on sykes to carry the load again. should put a lot of pressure on whoever is behind center for them, cuse did prove they have potential and i dont thihkn mia oh is in position to take advantage of a potential letdown for the cuse.

gl guys :beerbang:
    Last edited by TheBeholdah; 09-24-2007, 11:45 PM. Reason: spell

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Love Arky State and Cuse....GL this week Beholdah! :beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

nice to see ya on the same games joey p

2 units CUSE -1.5

1 unit

PITT-7

will likely add one more game to slizate

gl guys :cheers:

Comment

adding a tease and a couple small plays

1.2 units to win 1 unit tease

PURDUE-12.5
          OHIO STATE-14
          MICHIGAN-7

.5 unit plays

MARYLAND+17= alot of running so points could come in handy

UTAH ST+21= pains me to ride utah st as they really suck but after utah's lame performance last week i dont beleive they should be laying two TDs

that should do it for the week, gl guys :beerbang:

Comment

Beholder, GL
            Think you are right on with the Maryland pick
            Rutgers#10 in the nation? Hogwash!
            Beating the crapp out of Buffalo, Navy & Norfolk St makes you the No. 10 team in the country?
            Maryland has played a far tougher sked and is ready to win this outright!:beerbang:

Comment

i agree. arky st. has played far superior opponents this yr including tenn and tex and they held their own. Not that CFU is a bad ball club, but getting whooped by them doesnt really help memphis' case at all. gotta go with the home fav.

Comment

my last 4 bets have been pushes! i bet on 3 nfl games last sunday that all pushed and now this. that arky st game was crazy it was like they realized at halftime that memphis blows, i'm glad to take a push there tho. at least syracuse-1.5 is guarenteed not to be a push, all my other games will probably land on the number :nuts:

Comment

Working...
                X