Ball State/Bufflo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball State/Bufflo

I have seen a lot of respected cappers on this site going with Ball State this weekend. I have liked them this year as well, and they have been a great team from a betting standpoint. Obviously, they have much more talent on both sides of the ball than does Buffalo, but I was curious as to how some of you fellas think they'll respond this weekend after a game against a ranked opponent that they should have won last weekend.

I typically try not to read into line movement too much, but my guy has the line on this game dropping, which makes me think this might be a prime spot for a letdown after the heartbreaker in Lincoln.

Any thoughts? As always, much appreciated.

GL to everyone this weekend.

You could be right on the money.
    The reason why I was on Ball St last week was because it was natural for the Huskers to have a hangover from USC, a game in which they put all their eggs into one basket and still got manhandled. Combine that with a look past Ball St to the first week of Big 12 season and you see why that was an easy cover.
    Ball St should have won the game and indeed this is a dangerous game for Ball St and one to stay away from this week. Last week was the week to be on Ball St, not this week. I think they win, but it's a lot closer than the experts think!:beer2:

Comment

Buffalo does have the #1 run D in the MAC right now (154.8ypg) versus Ball State's surprising 2nd ranked rushing offense (185.8ypg). The Bulls have trouble running the ball as they are 7th in the league with just 109.2ypg, but QB Drew Willy commands a offense that is dangerous and efficient in passing and they rank 4th in the MAC (242.5ypg) going against BSU's 3rd ranked pass D (193ypg). Presents an interesting matchup since the Bulls don't run and BSU ranks 11th versus the run of 13 league teams. We all know the exploits of Nate Davis who heads the 2nd ranked passing offense in the league with 300.8ypg. He's going against a Bulls D that is 7th against the pass giving up 219.8ypg, and should have some easy pickins.....The Bulls are no slouch and the Cardinals are performing higher than the expectations of most. It's just the 2nd league game for both teams.....BSU lost to Miami,Oh in their season opener and Buffalo beat up on Temple two weeks ago....I really don't see a letdown by either teams. BSU has to believe that they are for real now and can win the MAC, and Buffalo has a chance to take down a conference biggie here!
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
      X