Strong Plays (0-2)(-4.40 units)
    Regular Plays (2-2)(-0.20 units)

Overall (3-5)(-4.90 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (6-2)(+11.40 units)
    Strong Plays (2-7)(-11.40 units)
    Regular Plays (6-11)(-6.10 units)

Overall (14-20)(-6.10 units)

Another disappointing week for me. Split my best bets with Air Force and Connecticut. Lost both strong plays with Alabama and Penn State. I guess Michigan does own Penn State. I really thought this was the year PSU beats them. And I split four regular plays.

Now is the time to start winning. We should all have a decent idea who is who now with some games under our belts. I know Pitt and Notre Dame are horrible this year. I am a Pitt fan and all that I can hope for is for Pitt to lose the rest of their games and they fire coach Wanny. Notre Dame looks clueless…..I almost feel bad for them.

Thursday

Taking a pass on both games.

Friday

S Florida +7 vs W Virginia (strong play)……………Why not? South Florida won last year at WVS and this years team I don’t think is as good while S Florida has a better team and they are at home this year. W Virginia is not going to go undefeated this year and this is one of those games they might lose. S Florida just now starting to get some credit for having a quality team, but I think they are better than most people realize. This line has gone to 6.5 many places, so I feel really good with the seven, even thought about buying a half point and getting the 7.5, but I did not.

Saturday

Penn State -3 vs Illinois (best bet)…………..I really loved PSU last week at -3 at Michigan, so why would I not love PSU at Illinois with the same line? Michigan just has Penn State’s number…Illinois does not. Playing at Illinois is not the same as playing at Michigan. Illinois has looked good so far this year, but this is still the same team that many people made fun of early in the season. JoePa will not let his team lose this week. I like this game as much as I have a game all season long, my strongest pick of the year, but I don’t go above my best bet (three unit) plays.

Maryland +16.5 vs Rutgers (best bet)……………….Even though only at 2-2, this is Maryland’s best team in a while. Rutgers really has not played anybody yet this season and MD will be their toughest test to date. I will gladly take a team with some defense getting more than two td’s. I really think Maryland’s style of play will keep them in this game. I don’t expect Rutgers to ever have a lead this big the whole game. Solid play in my eyes.

Michigan St +7.5 vs Wisconsin (strong play)…………I am really impressed with Michigan State so far this year. Both teams are at 4-0 and this game just smells like a game that is meant to be decided by less than a touchdown. Wisconsin is another one of those teams the seems to play close games and very rarely blows a team out unless they suck really bad. Should be a defensive battle and if that is the case the points should come into play. I loved it when I saw this line go from 7 to 7.5

Syracuse -1 vs Miami-Ohio (strong play)…………..THIS MIGHT BE THE WORLDS BIGGEST SUCKER BET THIS WEEK. Most of the time I would go against a game like this, but for some reason I am taking the sucker bet. Miami-Ohio is not very good at all, they are probably in the bottom ten teams in the country this year. Cuse only needs half the effort they put in against Louisville and they will win this game. I actually am looking for a letdown in the first half and then Syracuse will wake up and come away with a double digit victory. Just call me a sucker.

Colorado +22 vs Oklahoma (regular play)………….Just a gut feeling here. The Sooners have looked great and will win this game, but even great teams are going to have wins where the struggle. I am not going to say they are going to struggle badly, but the Buffs are not that bad of a team to be this size of a home dog. You know they will be fired up against the Sooners and will give one of their best efforts. That effort along with 22 points, should make me a winner.

Virginia -7 vs Pittsburgh (regular play)………….This is just my weekly anti-Dave play. I am sure nobody needs an explanation.

Georgia Tech +3 vs Clemson (regular play)…………..Clemson has always been almost unbeatable at home, and beatable on the road. Tech is capable of beating anybody on a given night on their field. Another gut feeling here and I am expecting an outright win, but I will take the three incase the Tigers pull out a win on a field goal.

Once again, I feel pretty good about these picks and this is the time where we should have some idea of “who is who” in college football. I love my best bets this week and fully expect to go 2-0 in those.

Good Luck Everybody!!

GL wiuth youor plats!
    Reall like Maryland to bring Rutgers down a ntoch or two.
    Rutgers No. 10 in the nation after playing Norfolk St, Navy & Buffalo?
    Proves that pollsters pay no attention to cupcake scheduling.
    Give me a freakin' break!:bang:

Comment

GL Mark....love the Maryland play....but I'm on Clemson....GL

Comment

gl mark, agree with all your storng and best bets
        **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

I would be weary of the psu game. They simply cannot score pts. Michigans defense isnt really that good and they made them look like a top 5 defense on saturday. PSU inability to move the ball i think will keep illinois in this game. yea psu has a solid defense, but if they are on the field as long as they were last weekend, illinois will be able to do some things. we'll see.

Comment

Working...
          X