Big East Hater......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big East Hater......

maybe wasn't too far off after all in his preseason assessment....

LOU hasn't beaten a team better than anything we could toss together in this forum. They lost to the only legit team they played (KY) and lost to one of the ****tiest teams in football at home no less....

SYR.....nice loss to MIA(oh)...but i know it was on the road in front of 11,220 screaming Miami fans. Also got spanked at home by ILL

CRAPTGERS......good news for them is they have NAVY on the schedule 18 more times this year. They haven't beaten a top 1000 team this year and they lost AT HOME to a very very average Maryland team. Yeah, they're a top 10 team

WVU......they would be 7-4 if they played anyone. As it stands they have played 1 decent team all year and got worked like a rib. BB said it best, when they play anyone with a defense they will be exposed.

PITT....maybe one of the 10 worst teams in D-1 football

now......

CINCY....jury is still out. They haven't beaten anyone in the top 70 in the nation. Wins over an awful MIA(oh) team, a brutal OREST team and an equally brutal SDSU team doesn't exactly prove anything. I think they are a program on the rise, i will give you that.

SoFLA.....i believe has proven they are a legit team. I am more impressed with the win at AUB (even though MISSST beat them at AUB as well) than i am a win over a massively overhyped overrated WVU team. SoFLA is easily the best team in the bigeast and i am actually hoping they win the title and match up with a good BCS team. I think they are the 1 team that is actually legit in this conference.

just don't see how you can argue with anything i just wrote. conference is definitely on the rise and the fact that SOFLA and CINCY are playing well definitely adds depth to the conference. but they have ONE quality win all year outside the conference.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 09-30-2007, 01:40 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

only thing i disagree with in this post is the comment about maryland..... they're better than people think.... they have a fantastic offensive line and a future NFL running back in lattimore.... and they're defense is underrated

I agree on WestVa.... drop them in the SEC and they struggle to be bowl eligible

Comment

I can't say anything (and won't). I knew this post was coming.

Bad loss for Rutgers - though they aren't a Top 10 team at all, they are still a program on the rise. Too much credit was given to them based on last season's defense and they just don't have the same LB's they did last year. The problem with college football is the rankings. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. Rutgers had no business being ranked 10th in the country after beating three nobodies.

Big East football is definitely on the rise, but they have many more steps to take. I think the only out of line comment is Pitt being one of the ten worst teams in college football. The RB alone cracks them into the Top 100.

Anyway, I'll eat it like a man... Good post, FF.

Comment

LMFAO.....oh williwonka...where are you my friend???......

Go big east go....!!!.......
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

That big east is the best confernce...haha

I said it in another thread and I will say it here. The Big 10 is a better conference.
          NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
          NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
          NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
          NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
            That big east is the best confernce...haha

I said it in another thread and I will say it here. The Big 10 is a better conference.
            lol

not exactly

Comment

FF it was not WVU's Defense that got exposed last week. It was the offense that got exposed. Defense did very well. Offense sux. Yep your right we dont play anyone worth a crap.

As I said last night in the ingame thread. WVU is ranked because of the coach. Everyone wants him. I say let them have him. Alabama would have been a good home from him because he acts just like Bear Bryant did.

Oh yes and last night I asked why the Big 10 was the big 10 since there was 11 teams in the conference. Nobody new the answer. They just voted to throw out Ohio State. :laughing:
              NFL 2-0. Week 1
              Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Working...
              X