It's Week 6 Already early Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Week 6 Already early Discussion

odds are out for Week6...........dang....week 6 already......going to be bowl season soon.....:blackeye:

outside of 4-5 marquee games, this has to be one of the ****tiest weekends for actually just watching games.

NCAA Football Odds

some initial thoughts:

how in the world is OSU -6 at Purdue. Granted Purdue hasn't come close to playing anyone decent, but i just think that they have a good enough offense to compete with what is a very very good OSU defense. I think this game is a lower scoring game played in the low to mid 20's. i told BB all week if PUR opened +4 or more i was all over them. most likely will be. only thing that worries me is we really have no idea how good Purdue is with games vs. Minnesota, Notre Dame, Central Michigan, Toledo, and some 1-AA team.

PSU -7 is interesting considering neither team may score. easily one of the worst and most unwatchable games of the day

KST-3 is gold, IMO, UNLESS they are flat off the Texas win. KAN has been beating up on just awful teams. I think they will be exposed in this game vs. a KST team that has a lot of speed. I think this line is a product of KAN being undefeated and -3 is a gift.

UCLA -21 is interesting. UND won't run the ball at all vs. UCLA, but UCLA never plays a 60 minute football game and i wouldn't be surprised to see ND maybe sneak in the back door here. But UCLA does play very well at the Rose Bowl. Probably leave it alone but it is interesting to see UND open a 2nd consecutive week as a 21 point dog.

FLA +8.....FLA was flat and not very physical vs. Auburn last game for probably 3/4 of that game. Interesting line. Not sure what i am doing with it if anything but i expected it to open less than a TD. Wondering if the line is inflated due to either (a) public perception after FLA lost at home or (b) oddsmaker just doesn't think FLA is all that this year.

USC -37 1/2................this may get ugly and quickly. I am most likely on USC 1H after Harbaugh's offseason comments and how poorly USC played at Washington. I wouldn't be surprised if this was 21-0 at the end of the 1Q. Stanford has injuries and they are just an awful team.

OKLA -10.......didn't expect to see DD here, but TEX really isn't very good IMO. I think that OKLA is the more likely team to bounce back in this one. Not sure if i want to lay 10 but i sure don't want TEX the way they are playing.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

People, as expected, are hitting Ohio State. Pinnacle now at -6.5 -105 after opening at -6 -105.
    Go Boilers!
    thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
    NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
    NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
    NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
    NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
    NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
    NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
    NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
    NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
    NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

I'll likely be on the FLA ML, which has a ton of value IMO.

Illinois -3 at home against Wisc really falls into that "trap line" category of the ranked team going on the road as a dog. Wisconsin is in the top 5(or thereabouts) and is dogged at Illinois? I'll throw a unit at Illinois just for the sake of playing the system that has done me good.

Wyoming -2 against TCU if TCU's QB is out looks good to me.

Clemson -5, I don't think VPI can keep up with Clemson's running attack.

Middle Tennessee State +10.5. They might take this one outright. I really don't think UVA is any good and could get ran out of the building in this one.""

Just an initial look.

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
        People, as expected, are hitting Ohio State. Pinnacle now at -6.5 -105 after opening at -6 -105.
        :dunno: .......real problem in betting this game is that Purdue has played 5 scrimmages. They haven't played a team in the top like 70 of CFB so i they are really an unknown quantity. They can definitely move the ball, but can they move the ball vs. an OSU defense that is going to be heads and shoulders better than anything they have played so far. I think the game is going to be decided with each teams' best unit. a TD just seems generous here. But i thought the same thing before the Iowa game last year in a similar situation and Iowa showed they were junk. I do think that if you make a habit of laying TD's on the road in these situations, you will come up on the short end a lot more times than not.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          OKLA -10.......didn't expect to see DD here, but TEX really isn't very good IMO. I think that OKLA is the more likely team to bounce back in this one. Not sure if i want to lay 10 but i sure don't want TEX the way they are playing.
          I was set to hit the Sooners pretty hard, but I thought the line would be around 7-8. Now it's 10.5 at 5Dimes.

I would have to agree with you that K-State is the better team.... they really should be undefeated but they couldn't pull out the win @ Auburn. However, I am always leery of playing a team off a big upset. Auburn coiuld be one such team, I'll be looking into Vandy. 2 that I like off the bat

Wyoming-2 vs TCU

Arky st-3 over UL Mon.
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Bowling Green jumps out at me, they have a decent enough offense to hang around in the game and getting close to 3 tds seem solid to me, only scary thing is BG gave up 35 to temple but BC hasnt been completely dominating teams so far. army and umass hung around vs bc the last 2 weeks and i dont see why BG doesnt have a shot to hang around as well . this could be a dangerous game for BC imo. . this will definately be bg's toughest opponent so far but i tihnk the mich st game will serve as good experience for them playing a tough team in a loud stadium. also it's definately a stretch to say BC is a top 5 or 6 team but i dont expect that to last too long. the line is +19.5 right now but i'm gonna wait and see if it inches up to 21.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              :dunno: .......real problem in betting this game is that Purdue has played 5 scrimmages. They haven't played a team in the top like 70 of CFB so i they are really an unknown quantity. They can definitely move the ball, but can they move the ball vs. an OSU defense that is going to be heads and shoulders better than anything they have played so far. I think the game is going to be decided with each teams' best unit. a TD just seems generous here. But i thought the same thing before the Iowa game last year in a similar situation and Iowa showed they were junk. I do think that if you make a habit of laying TD's on the road in these situations, you will come up on the short end a lot more times than not.

Ohio State has played 4 scrimmages. NW, Minny, Akron and YSU. Washington on the road was a good win, but Washington's offense is average. Purdue's spread offense has always had difficulties moving the ball vs. tough defenses but the running game this year is much better....at least it seems to be. Whatever the outcome, bet Michigan next week vs. Purdue.
              Go Boilers!
              thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
              NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
              NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
              NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
              NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
              NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
              NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
              NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
              NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
              NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
                Ohio State has played 4 scrimmages. NW, Minny, Akron and YSU. Washington on the road was a good win, but Washington's offense is average. Purdue's spread offense has always had difficulties moving the ball vs. tough defenses but the running game this year is much better....at least it seems to be. Whatever the outcome, bet Michigan next week vs. Purdue.
                Big Ten Network to air 2002 Ohio State Victory at Ross-Gator-Ade Stadium on Wednesday.....:beerbang: ....that officially got me reved up and it's only sunday....:beerbang:

Comment

i still can't see laying 7 points in this game......

Comment

I just want to say about the Kansas State/Kansas game. The same thing happened last year when KSU beat Texas at home and then went to Kansas riding high and KU smacked them down!! So they might win handly but that game is scary cause it seems so easy!!!

Comment

what do you think about:

Utah +14.5 at a no def louville

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
                        what do you think about:

Utah +14.5 at a no def louville
                        I like that one- call me crazy, but I think they have a good shot at an outright win....
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

am i the only one on rutgers -3 home vs cincy?

rutgers was caught looking ahead to conference play last week, and the fact that cincinatti upset them last year should definitely mean revenge is in the head of all the scarlet knights. yea cincy is undefeated, but the toughest matchup they have faced was home against a mediocre Oregon State team. I think there's no way Rutgers drops two in a row and they come back with a statement game at home. I say they win by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by msl90 View Post
                            am i the only one on rutgers -3 home vs cincy?

rutgers was caught looking ahead to conference play last week, .
                            i think RUT was caught with their freeking pants down from a soft ass schedule in which they hadn't played a team with a heartbeat, let alone any talent. they finally got on the field with what i think is a very average MD team and they got whoooped...... i agree about the revenge spot. Not quite sure what to make of Rutgers at this point to be honest. CINCY can trade points with them, that's for sure. If i had to play it i guess i would take Rutgers, but the more and more i look at it i say to myself, why can't Cincy beat them again???

Comment

oregon st. favored again this week? whats up with that. Arizona +4 looks to be solid. They seemed to turn a corner and save their season last week against wsu. I wont make the mistake of betting on osu who is leading the nation in turnovers this season. How could they be favored. They played last week at home and were favored and **** their pants. Zona's defense is solid enough to force some more turnovers. i cant see osu responding from last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X